Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Last Aug I posted that we would finish 5th.  This year I think we will be 6th.... this assumes  we improve the squad (deepen) to be able to deal with the euro escapade.

We have the 7th highest wage bill in the league. And our manager is probably 4th or 5th highest paid manager in the league  

Finishing 6th wouldn't be bad but top 4 should be our aim. 

21 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Haha my bad I read the headlines in the telegraph and it's premier Rugby! Makes more sense I guess. I blame the heat for that 😂

Interesting... more for the fact that no-one else questioned your post 😂

I guess that means those seeing it took it as fact or didn’t give enough of a shit to question it?

53 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Interesting... more for the fact that no-one else questioned your post 😂

I guess that means those seeing it took it as fact or didn’t give enough of a shit to question it?

Haha I will get strung up when the first team that can't field a team don't get a 20-0 defeat against their name. 😂

2 hours ago, Koke said:

We have the 7th highest wage bill in the league. And our manager is probably 4th or 5th highest paid manager in the league  

Finishing 6th wouldn't be bad but top 4 should be our aim. 

I agree... but the others are on a steeper improvement curve 

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He's right up to a point. On the other hand, Wolves now have a season of just league football so that night help them do well. 

I do think their ceiling is 7th. If they want to finish higher they need better players and more creative players. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1752553?sf236780879=1

Game week dates announced, fixtures to be announced no later the August 21st and broadcast changes announced at a later date

Matchweek 1: Saturday 12 September
Matchweek 2: Saturday 19 September
Matchweek 3: Saturday 26 September
Matchweek 4: Saturday 3 October
Matchweek 5: Saturday 17 October
Matchweek 6: Saturday 24 October
Matchweek 7: Saturday 31 October
Matchweek 8: Saturday 7 November
Matchweek 9: Saturday 21 November
Matchweek 10: Saturday 28 November
Matchweek 11: Saturday 5 December
Matchweek 12: Saturday 12 December
Matchweek 13: Wednesday 16 December
Matchweek 14: Saturday 19 December
Matchweek 15: Saturday 26 December
Matchweek 16: Monday 28 December
Matchweek 17: Saturday 2 January
Matchweek 18a: Wednesday 13 January
Matchweek 19: Saturday 16 January
Matchweek 18b: Wednesday 20 January
Matchweek 20: Saturday 23 January
Matchweek 21: Saturday 30 January
Matchweek 22: Wednesday 3 February
Matchweek 23: Saturday 6 February
Matchweek 24: Saturday 13 February
Matchweek 25: Saturday 20 February
Matchweek 26: Saturday 27 February
Matchweek 27: Saturday 6 March
Matchweek 28: Saturday 13 March
Matchweek 29: Saturday 20 March
Matchweek 30: Saturday 3 April
Matchweek 31: Saturday 10 April
Matchweek 32: Saturday 17 April
Matchweek 33: Saturday 24 April
Matchweek 34: Saturday 1 May
Matchweek 35: Saturday 8 May
Matchweek 36: Wednesday 12 May
Matchweek 37: Saturday 15 May
Matchweek 38: Sunday 23 May

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Durham loves Wolves and has praised us to the hilt on several occasions. He also knows how to stir up phone calls with nonsense opinions, which is his job. 

- He's saying if players want to leave (they don't).....

- And if Nuno walks away (his new contract is already sorted behind the scenes).....

- Then Wolves might be in trouble. Well yeah duh. If any team loses their manager and their best players then they'll struggle. Just look at Southampton. 

An absolute non story lapped up by the sorts of numptys who dislike Wolves for whatever reasons they feel fit. Anyone who regularly listens to Shout-Sport to get in depth knowledge of sports is a good part numpty in any case. It's the radio version of The Sun newspaper. 

This exactly. He’s spouted rubbish alongside Gough again. They have no knowledge of the club they’re commenting on. Ok, say Nuno goes, Wolves are not going to hire Neil Warnock as his replacement. They haven’t got lucky. They’ve been able to ride this quickly because they’re own by very wealthy PE owners who will push the boat out to replace him. I mean these guys have got ****ing Mendes on speed dial.

Wolves (like us) is a project that appeals to many around Europe because of the investment. Unlike Everton but just like us, they get more things right then wrong. You lot will be fine regardless if one or two leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

How have they gone backwards? They managed more points this season than last and finished in the same position.

Why would Wolves fans think about relegation right now?

Typical of Durham, which is half amusing when it's not being said about your own club but on the whole he's being very sneaky with his comments here.

57 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1752553?sf236780879=1

Game week dates announced, fixtures to be announced no later the August 21st and broadcast changes announced at a later date

Matchweek 1: Saturday 12 September
Matchweek 2: Saturday 19 September
Matchweek 3: Saturday 26 September
Matchweek 4: Saturday 3 October
Matchweek 5: Saturday 17 October
Matchweek 6: Saturday 24 October
Matchweek 7: Saturday 31 October
Matchweek 8: Saturday 7 November
Matchweek 9: Saturday 21 November
Matchweek 10: Saturday 28 November
Matchweek 11: Saturday 5 December
Matchweek 12: Saturday 12 December
Matchweek 13: Wednesday 16 December
Matchweek 14: Saturday 19 December
Matchweek 15: Saturday 26 December
Matchweek 16: Monday 28 December
Matchweek 17: Saturday 2 January
Matchweek 18a: Wednesday 13 January
Matchweek 19: Saturday 16 January
Matchweek 18b: Wednesday 20 January
Matchweek 20: Saturday 23 January
Matchweek 21: Saturday 30 January
Matchweek 22: Wednesday 3 February
Matchweek 23: Saturday 6 February
Matchweek 24: Saturday 13 February
Matchweek 25: Saturday 20 February
Matchweek 26: Saturday 27 February
Matchweek 27: Saturday 6 March
Matchweek 28: Saturday 13 March
Matchweek 29: Saturday 20 March
Matchweek 30: Saturday 3 April
Matchweek 31: Saturday 10 April
Matchweek 32: Saturday 17 April
Matchweek 33: Saturday 24 April
Matchweek 34: Saturday 1 May
Matchweek 35: Saturday 8 May
Matchweek 36: Wednesday 12 May
Matchweek 37: Saturday 15 May
Matchweek 38: Sunday 23 May

I thought it would require more midweek PL fixtures than this but obviously not.

• Like 1

RE: Fixture calendar

If, by some miracle, we have a season reaching the final of all competitions, add in the PL games will see us play 64 games from 12 September-26 May. 256 days = an average of a game every four games for the whole season.

The season will be a minimum of 46 games 12 September-23 May, still an average of a game every 5.5 days.

Oh boy, do we need a strong squad.

28 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

If, by some miracle, we have a season reaching the final of all competitions, add in the PL games will see us play 64 games from 12 September-26 May. 256 days = an average of a game every four games for the whole season.

The season will be a minimum of 46 games 12 September-23 May, still an average of a game every 5.5 days.

I don’t think we should loan out the likes of Knight or Dewsbury-Hall for precisely this reason.

Ward, Amartey, Grey, Albrighton, Benkovic, Thomas and maybe even Silva and Slimani might get more minutes next season. They’re mostly not first team standard but they’re better depth than most of the league’s squad players. 

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

CLUBS PLAYING EVERY DAY FOR EIGHT MONTHS

1080?cb=20170428195819

• Haha 3

Arsenal sign Willian on a 3 year contract. 33 year old on large wages and doesn't score often. Arsenal keep collecting Chelsea's rejects. 

Edited by Koke

21 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

If that happens we will have had the transfer window to end all transfers and we'll have nothing to worry about squad wise lol