Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I am surprised with Arsenal lately going for older players, and on long contracts!

They never used to do that. I thought it was a policy but maybe it was just a thing Wenger wanted. Remember when he sold Vieira to allow Fabregas to play more! Those days seem long gone for Arsenal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I am surprised with Arsenal lately going for older players, and on long contracts!

They never used to do that. I thought it was a policy but maybe it was just a thing Wenger wanted. Remember when he sold Vieira to allow Fabregas to play more! Those days seem long gone for Arsenal.

Wenger would reportedly never give an outfield player over 30 longer than a year contract. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think as long as it's in moderation, then it's what they desperately need.

There's some good young talent coming through there, but a couple of experienced heads like Willian will do wonders to help the team as a whole.

Really interested to see how Arteta does next season, personally think he's worked wonders with a shit squad so far. Still a lot of rebuilding to do, they did have a few youngsters out on loan last season who might come back in to feature, Saliba for one who could be ideal at CB. Smith Rowe will probably get a look in too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I agree. I can't work them out. They've given up on scouting entirely, it seems. Now they're putting their faith in old players who will only decline and have no sell-on value. Very strange. It's a policy that could easily bite them on the arse before too long.

Won't be surprised to see them struggle this season or next.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-fans-return-stadiums-lockdown-22519101

Football fans to return to stadiums next month.

Personally don't think I'll be going for a while, no idea what that means for my season ticket though, hopefully it's a pay per game system, whilst still being the same discount rate that an ST provides.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-fans-return-stadiums-lockdown-22519101

Football fans to return to stadiums next month.

Personally don't think I'll be going for a while, no idea what that means for my season ticket though, hopefully it's a pay per game system, whilst still being the same discount rate that an ST provides.

We haven't heard nothing about season ticket renewal which, to me, proves the norm won't be happening.

I can't see them allowing away fans for a long time. Can you imagine in just a months time fans travelling all over the country on trains lol

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We haven't heard nothing about season ticket renewal which, to me, proves the norm won't be happening.

I can't see them allowing away fans for a long time. Can you imagine in just a months time fans travelling all over the country on trains lol

I'd like to think ST holders will get first dibs on any tickets.

Will just be home fans for at least another 6 months IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looking at how condensed the fixtures calendar is for next season, I'm wondering if being out of Europe could be a blessing in disguise after the season we've just had. 

Not playing qualifiers is a big help for you guys as well. The league and Europa League absolutely has to be the priority for you. Rodgers should definitely sacrifice the League Cup and hand it over to the second string or even the kids. FA Cup he might play the second string to start with and take it more seriously if you progress, but I'd be looking at them as bonuses if you get through a few rounds. 

If I remember correctly you guys learned the hard way. Didn't you start slow because of all the matches.

Calling for Santo's head :fishing: morons.

I'll take your first half of the season. You can keep the second half! 

We are a lot more attacking against bottom half teams. But Nuno will never play 4 at the back with us now. Coady and especially Doherty would be too exposed defensively. 

3-4-3 is our formation. We only start 3-5-2 depending on the specifics of the opposition. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, casablancas said:

For me ... astute buy. He looks classy from what I’ve seen of him. Good head and young. What’s not to like. 

I think he suits them well .... plenty of spuds fans thinks he slows down the game too much but I think he dictates the pace as he’s told to and would be good at the Etihad 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Arsenal sign Willian on a 3 year contract. 33 year old on large wages and doesn't score often. Arsenal keep collecting Chelsea's rejects. 

Simply cannot get my head around this signing, have they not learnt their lesson regarding paying high wages who are past their peak?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Torten said:

Simply cannot get my head around this signing, have they not learnt their lesson regarding paying high wages who are past their peak?

To be honest, he was in good form after the restart. He still commands a high wage, as he’s got decent ability.

It was the length of the contract that raised my eyebrows. 

6 hours ago, Torten said:

The season he's just had at Chelsea, wouldn't suggest he's past his peak. 9 goals and 7 assists. Anything but really. He's the same age as Vardy

3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

The season he's just had at Chelsea, wouldn't suggest he's past his peak. 9 goals and 7 assists. Anything but really. He's the same age as Vardy

Only 5 open play goals, he’s always been overrated by non-Chelsea fans