Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Finishing 5th one season after mainly mid table finishes does not establish us as best of the rest

I don’t think there is any best of the rest. We are it for this season, the same as Liverpool are Champions.

The Premier League really is split into small groups.

Liverpool and Man City are for the time being in an elite group, with Man Utd and Chelsea by virtue of their spending power also aiming to hang on to that group.

Arsenal and Spurs for me have fallen back into the chasing pack group, which includes us Wolves and Everton - teams which now expect to be challenging for top 6 - obviously that’s now 9 teams who expect to be in and around the top 6, at least three are going to be disappointed.

The rest of the league are then hoping to close the gap whilst looking over their shoulder. 
The nine teams above shouldn’t be in any danger, but in this league your one bad manger or a bad egg in the dressing room from being dragged back.

We are by virtue of finishing 5th the best of the rest this season. I fully expect Arsenal and Spurs to be better next seasons and Wolves with no Europe, the challenge for us is to regain our form and stay there.

24 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

There are rumours this morning that if a team cannot field a team due to players testing positive for Covid-19 the team will face an automatic 20-0 defeat. 

I bet Barnes still doesn’t manage to claim one. 

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think there is any best of the rest. We are it for this season, the same as Liverpool are Champions.

The Premier League really is split into small groups.

Liverpool and Man City are for the time being in an elite group, with Man Utd and Chelsea by virtue of their spending power also aiming to hang on to that group.

Arsenal and Spurs for me have fallen back into the chasing pack group, which includes us Wolves and Everton - teams which now expect to be challenging for top 6 - obviously that’s now 9 teams who expect to be in and around the top 6, at least three are going to be disappointed.

The rest of the league are then hoping to close the gap whilst looking over their shoulder. 
The nine teams above shouldn’t be in any danger, but in this league your one bad manger or a bad egg in the dressing room from being dragged back.

We are by virtue of finishing 5th the best of the rest this season. I fully expect Arsenal and Spurs to be better next seasons and Wolves with no Europe, the challenge for us is to regain our form and stay there.

Yeah I've got no problem  with that, it's the fact we're "established" in that role whereas Wolves have a much better case for that imo

Proper late to the party on this, but utterly baffling to see tin-foil hat Newcastle fans flooding the replies of the PL Twitter posts, and the posts of PL sponsors with memes, pictures and their corruption conspiracy theories.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic/pathetic that A) they've all lost their tiny little minds in desperation for a ruthless state to take them over and B) they genuinely think that flooding sponsors social media timelines will make any difference at all.

I'd be quite nervous if I were a Wolves supporter.

Might well be stating the obvious here, of course, but not being in Europe next season could well tempt the likes of Traore to put in a transfer request.

Edited by Wymsey
Forgot the important word, not.

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Might well be stating the obvious here, of course, but being in Europe next season could well tempt the likes of Traore to put in a transfer request.

The request would slip right out of his hands 

On 10/08/2020 at 14:25, ealingfox said:

Until Solskjaer goes Man United have no chance of winning the league and I doubt they could come close either.

They got out of jail this season because of a global pandemic, more help from VAR than any other team and a record-breaking number of penalties, and they still only got the same amount of points that they achieved the season before. The fact that this was viewed as a success just shows you how successful the people there have been in lowering standards.

Based on form, that prediction isnt that crazy, and we are way too high based on form as well.  I predict us for anywhere from 10th to relegation, and Man Utd providing they keep that squad should be comfortably a top 4 team this season.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Might well be stating the obvious here, of course, but being in Europe next season could well tempt the likes of Traore to put in a transfer request.

Not gonna happen. Traore and Nuno are very close. Nuno transformed his game and catapulted his career. 

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Southampton are quietly going about their business well. 

Salisu added today, desperately needed a big CB

Walker Peters also signing on a perm yesterday. 

If they keep hold of Ings and add in a CM they’re looking good, especially when you take into account their form after our demolition of them. 

Could be top 6 dark horses for sure. 

Doing things very nicely. I won't lie,  I'm jealous 

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Doing things very nicely. I won't lie,  I'm jealous 

Meh, I wouldn't be, they've been through a lot of shit and they still have the 'sell for a profit at all costs' model. 

But I like their manager and think they've got a good core squad now after clearing out some crap. 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Southampton are quietly going about their business well. 

Salisu added today, desperately needed a big CB

Walker Peters also signing on a perm yesterday. 

If they keep hold of Ings and add in a CM they’re looking good, especially when you take into account their form after our demolition of them. 

Could be top 6 dark horses for sure. 

Abysmal wingers though.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Abysmal wingers though.

Agree they need another one or two, unless they're switching to a back 5.

Be interesting to see how Djenepo does in an injury free season, didn't get a chance to get going first season really.

• Like 1