Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest Markyblue
20 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think we’re still seen as little. A club well run that’s annoying the big teams, but should be patted away.

‘congrats on that miracle title win , it was a fairy story but now get back in your place’ attitude to us.

If we were to win the EL or an FA Cup, we will start to get more notice of being more than this One off freak team. If we were to win the PL say, they can’t ignore us anymore. 2 title wins puts us away from the rest of anyone outside the big 6 and arguably would get us in the same conversation as Spurs.

My dog could take 2 dumps and be in the same conversation as spurs.

Edited by Markyblue

18 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

So Steve Nicol says that Spurs will finish ahead of Leicester because They have better players and Leicester Capitulate.

Steve my boy your looking at the wrong stats when it comes Capitulation, we use the term bottled and Spurs are top when it comes to that.

Remind me where we both finished last season. lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, don_danbury said:

being 14 points ahead in third is epic bottling imo. more so than their rubbish champions league final game. other than that spurs have had no bottling to do.

I don't get the whole narrative about Spurs 'being bottle jobs'.

The only thing remotely close was our title winning season with them ending up 3rd rather than runners up. 

Other than that they've won about as much as any other club their size over the years in the modern era.

Saying they bottled 2016 does a discredit to just how good we were if anything.

• Like 3

If you ask me, I prefer being underestimated. 

The last thing we need is teams like Utd, Spurs and Chelsea sitting in deep against us. We struggle to break down the likes of Villa and West Ham at times. 

Let teams like Man City and Arsenal keep looking down their nose at us and we will keep shoving 5-2 and 1-0 away wins right up it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think we’re still seen as little. A club well run that’s annoying the big teams, but should be patted away.

‘congrats on that miracle title win , it was a fairy story but now get back in your place’ attitude to us.

If we were to win the EL or an FA Cup, we will start to get more notice of being more than this One off freak team. If we were to win the PL say, they can’t ignore us anymore. 2 title wins puts us away from the rest of anyone outside the big 6 and arguably would get us in the same conversation as Spurs.

I don't think Your average punter in the street sees us as 'little'. Tbh, most see us as we are. Some kind of funky disrupter.

Basically we are perceived as 'best of the rest': Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham etc

I'm happy with that

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think Your average punter in the street sees us as 'little'. Tbh, most see us as we are. Some kind of funky disrupter.

Basically we are perceived as 'best of the rest': Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham etc

I'm happy with that

I think the average punter will say we’re a good team atm but we’re not a big club. They will say Newcastle villa Everton Leeds , let alone the top 6 are way bigger than us.

I think of we were to win the league again, it would secure our history a bit more as such. It would be a good era in the same way as Forest would be seen as a big club if they came up due to the 70s.

Look how the media get erect over Leeds, despite them doing f all for 20 years, if we got relegated and come back up in 20 years, the media wouldn’t give a crap lol.

In reply to the initial question, to change the media’s overall look on us, for me we’d have to show some signs of an era of trophy’s and strong top 6 finishes rather than just one title win.

Spurs certainly have better attacking players than us, midfield is up for debate and we probably edge them for defenders.

We certainly did capitulate last season, no debate about it, and it was a bigger bottlejob than anything Spurs have done.

• Like 1

Players talking to the media to try and push a move here lol

Leicester failed with bids for Tarkowski in each of the past two summer transfer windows and the former Brentford man added: “We’ve had two transfer windows now where the club have decided, for whatever reason, that whatever has been offered on the table hasn’t been enough and that’s fine because I signed a contract for four-and-a-half years. So I won’t whinge or not turn up, I just need to deal with it and get on with my football.

“But the longer my contract runs down, I feel I gain the control of my career more than Burnley having the control of it, which is what I feel like I need right now.

“The last window is obviously a missed opportunity for me. If clubs can’t get the player they want then they will go elsewhere and sign someone else, but I don’t worry too much about it because I’ve got great belief in myself.”

“It’s probably quite fair to think that if you’re at a club sitting top of the Premier League, you’ve got a better chance of getting into the squad, but it hasn’t worked out that way. I’m not giving up though, there are just people ahead of me at the moment.”

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

Players talking to the media to try and push a move here lol

Leicester failed with bids for Tarkowski in each of the past two summer transfer windows and the former Brentford man added: “We’ve had two transfer windows now where the club have decided, for whatever reason, that whatever has been offered on the table hasn’t been enough and that’s fine because I signed a contract for four-and-a-half years. So I won’t whinge or not turn up, I just need to deal with it and get on with my football.

“But the longer my contract runs down, I feel I gain the control of my career more than Burnley having the control of it, which is what I feel like I need right now.

“The last window is obviously a missed opportunity for me. If clubs can’t get the player they want then they will go elsewhere and sign someone else, but I don’t worry too much about it because I’ve got great belief in myself.”

“It’s probably quite fair to think that if you’re at a club sitting top of the Premier League, you’ve got a better chance of getting into the squad, but it hasn’t worked out that way. I’m not giving up though, there are just people ahead of me at the moment.”

I reckon he'll be a Leicester player this time next year. At the right price it would make a lot of sense for us too with Big Wes retiring and Jonny Evans getting on. I'd see it as being very similar to when we signed Evans. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

See ya later! 

The guys a dinosaur, and just like dinosaurs people like this need to be extinct in the F.A. Just goes to show you can have all the pr in the world and all the diversity training but some people clearly will never change their attitudes or their way of thinking. It wasn’t just an unfortunate error it was deep rooted conditioning which needs to be eradicated. There needs to be more diversity and be more inclusive within the F.A.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I reckon he'll be a Leicester player this time next year. At the right price it would make a lot of sense for us too with Big Wes retiring and Jonny Evans getting on. I'd see it as being very similar to when we signed Evans. 

Have a feeling Liverpool or Man City will go for him in January. Probably Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Salford won't pay the kind of wage he's been getting recently. He'd need to take a massive pay cut wherever he ends up. 

You are right! 

It would be Insanity for any club in any division to take on his salary. He was terrible at Villa & appeared to be horribly out of shape. I'm sure Chelsea would have taken any loan offer that assumed any part of his salary but it seems there wasn't much interest.

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

The guys a dinosaur, and just like dinosaurs people like this need to be extinct in the F.A. Just goes to show you can have all the pr in the world and all the diversity training but some people clearly will never change their attitudes or their way of thinking. It wasn’t just an unfortunate error it was deep rooted conditioning which needs to be eradicated. There needs to be more diversity and be more inclusive within the F.A.

As long as they're qualified and not given the job simply for diversity, then by all means sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to smile at the outcry of media attention for Liverpool's injuries, when we had just as many out at the same time and had literally 0 coverage 

The Gomez injury was actually reported on the BBC 6 o'clock news. I'm expecting a similar level of coverage on tonight's news if any of the Premier League leaders players get injured. 

6 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Be nice The FA went for someone with footballing background, like someone like a John Barnes.

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Both Luke Shaw and Ake suffering hamstring injuries in the past 24 hours. Shaw is confirmed to be out for around a month, no confirmed period for Ake yet.

Love how all the big team players getting injuries and struggling hits all the headlines and creates the "**** the scheduling" rhetoric