Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Anyone actually know the reason why there's a weird split in the fixture in the next couple of weeks? 

Did they move the 'break' in the season to now? 

I think that all the games should have been played next midweek (certainly our game v  Chelsea was origonally scheduled for 12th). I would imagine that the midweek beginning 18th was reserved for FA cup replays, but when they were abolished it left a free week so perhaps they decided to split the games for TV purposes.

I don't think a winter break was happening this season due to the late start & problems fitting in all the matches

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Anyone actually know the reason why there's a weird split in the fixture in the next couple of weeks? 

Did they move the 'break' in the season to now? 

Isn't it round four of the FA Cup? 

If its not its ****ing outrageous given we then have to play three times in a week including a trip to Fulham after one day's rest. 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Isn't it round four of the FA Cup? 

If its not its ****ing outrageous given we then have to play three times in a week including a trip to Fulham after one day's rest. 

Surely the Fulham game should be moved back a day? It's grossly unfair if we again get forced to play a weakened team in a winnable game because of having only a 2 day break between games. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The one in the game just gone and a penalty last season is all I can remember.

Pretty sure he scored that game we were 4-0 down in at half time. He also might have scored a penalty in a game we lost there under Puel?

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Pretty sure he scored that game we were 4-0 down in at half time. He also might have scored a penalty in a game we lost there under Puel?

Actually I remember when Man Utd beat us the season before last 1-0 at home. Lofted pass from Pogba to Rashford.

I have no memory of that 4-1 game outside of Gray's goal. That first half has been wiped from my memory.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Think it was a tap in from a corner after coming off the bench when Shakey was in charge. Lukaku had a penalty saved in that game, think Fellaini got the opener

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Actually I remember when Man Utd beat us the season before last 1-0 at home. Lofted pass from Pogba to Rashford.

I have no memory of that 4-1 game outside of Gray's goal. That first half has been wiped from my memory.

I remember that game because it was Pogba's first goal for United after his £89m move. Powerful header from a corner. 

It was that same game where Gray scored a worldie in a 4-1 defeat i think. 

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think Man City win it quite comfortably now.

Will be interesting to see. Both Man City and Utd were slated for their poor starts to the season but they were often a game behind everyone and this season is erratic anyway.

I still don't think they look the force they were 2-3 seasons ago but they have become very tough to score against and that means they only need to pinch goals and it's going to be difficult to see them dropping lots of points. 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

West Ham selling Haller for 20m less than they paid for him 18 months ago is quite funny. What a terribly run football club 

And then buying Lingard with the money apparently lol 

with Villa closing their training ground looks like they wont play in the Cup and will more than likely have to cancel their game with Spurs in mid week. 

There is going to be some mass fixture pile ups towards the end of the season. Us getting our games played and points on the board could really be key as i can see some teams struggling in a few months. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

with Villa closing their training ground looks like they wont play in the Cup and will more than likely have to cancel their game with Spurs in mid week. 

There is going to be some mass fixture pile ups towards the end of the season. Us getting our games played and points on the board could really be key as i can see some teams struggling in a few months. 

Villa sound like they'd be happy to play their reserves just to get the game played. A bit like Liverpool against Villa in the LC last year.

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Trouble is cancelled games will affect us as well even if we're ready to go as happened to us in '63 where we had to play 4 away games between the FA Cup SF and Final and lost all 4 dropping from 1st to 4th and losing to a rubbish Man U team in the Final.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

West Ham selling Haller for 20m less than they paid for him 18 months ago is quite funny. What a terribly run football club 

They've never sold a player for more than £25m despite being a solid Premier Leaguet eam for much of the last 30 years. We've sold 4. Their recruitment is very haphazard to put it kindly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

They've never sold a player for more than £25m despite being a solid Premier Leaguet eam for much of the last 30 years. We've sold 4. Their recruitment is very haphazard to put it kindly.

Depends on the times though.

Some of their academy graduates would go for much more now, than they did back then, because of how high prices are nowadays. Likewise we wouldn't have got the same money for our players back then.

I said in the other thread though, 20m for Haller isn't too bad. I don't think he's any good (or at least hasn't been at West Ham).

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No chance games should be postponed due to Covid. If you can't safely field first teamers you field whatever youth team you can. It's the club's and player's responsibility to remain safe and fit to play, the FA shouldn't be bailing them out.

If clubs have to shut their training grounds down to stop the spread of the virus then i'm not sure what choice they have.

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Villa sound like they'd be happy to play their reserves just to get the game played. A bit like Liverpool against Villa in the LC last year.

I think they would happily play their FA cup game not sure they would want to do that in the league though. 

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Trouble is cancelled games will affect us as well even if we're ready to go as happened to us in '63 where we had to play 4 away games between the FA Cup SF and Final and lost all 4 dropping from 1st to 4th and losing to a rubbish Man U team in the Final.

yeah i think its unavoidable but just glad so far we have been fine. Villa potentially will have 3 games to catch up on already if they miss their game with Spurs next week. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I think they would happily play their FA cup game not sure they would want to do that in the league though. 

Oh yeah no chance they do it in the league!