Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, casablancas said:

If Southampton press like that with that aggression... Well we are gonna be in for a potentially difficult watch. We’ve shrunken in the past in response to it. Hope we’ve learned. Fair play to the saints. 

They absolutely battered us last season at home as well.

We're going to need to work extremely hard to get something and hopefully people won't be losing their minds if we're not cruising by half time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should we have rescued Saliba from Arsenal to keep Little Wes happy?!

Eq6p3okXUAAMn1m?format=jpg&name=large

Maybe in 2 years' time when Evans retires, Saliba's contract runs out and he doesn't renew due to being pissed off with Arsenal, Little Wes can convince him to come here on a free, and coincidentally the perfect timing for Little Wes to sign a contract extension with us :)

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maybe in 2 years' time when Evans retires, Saliba's contract runs out and he doesn't renew due to being pissed off with Arsenal, Little Wes can convince him to come here on a free, and coincidentally the perfect timing for Little Wes to sign a contract extension with us :)

Would it then become Big Wes and Little Willie? 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Would it then become Big Wes and Little Willie? 

By then Fofana will have gone to Real Madrid to pay for our stadium redevelopment. Don’t worry Soyuncu will still be around and we will have Big Willie and Little Willie at the back.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats also my take..but aint it Grand to Dream and con ourselves, es still have Top players to come back in,  or by Febuary get those Returnees in sync and match fit....

Those games in hand..No team have grabbed yet the moment...

Though both Manchester sides seem to have started to wind it up, Chelsea in a Bad period,

Spurs just Holding but inconsistent, Everton the same...

Southampton,Villa pushing European placings. Wham ,Wolves maybe Arsenal can break through.

Our injuries were the worst and more defining from our top players, than any other club...I

So our fan-base bias ,gives us that bit more to hang onto because we havent  been able to play yet our considered Strongest Set of Quality players & team.

We are obviously excited in anticipation to see how good we potentially  actually are...When Brendan has all those Top players fit and meshing with each other.

Many sense the other Teams inconsistencies is handing us a chance to compete for those 2 Top spots,

that few on here thought were not worth dreaming about at the beginning of the season...

Its the hopes and Dreams that make up the season while frustrating chasing, dropping & winning points. 

Even with this covid,crowdless season, it will boil down to those last 7-8 games ( Business end), Maybe the last 4.

But the journey is also a part of the story...we must also enjoy..!!

I hope it does n't come down to the last 4 matches. It would be a nerve wracking couple of weeks. Have a look at our last 4. Sure we'd do it but I'd be a little on edge. Would n't it be lovely If we could afford to field the reserves at Man U. I'd book an ad panel at their ground for my flying Pigs.

Edited by Alan Frost
The usual -had to check spelling for man U.

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Can't believe some are mocking Ralph for that reaction.  He beat Liverpool and beat Klopp for the first time - what's wrong with an honest show of emotion?

We've seen Southampton at their low ebb, and Hasenhüttl deserves enormous credit for bringing his side back from that abyss.  That's why you don't make emotional decisions as a club - he's a good manager and that awful night doesn't change that fact.

Men still aren't allowed to cry mate, keep up....

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Club-trained players were defined as those who had been with the club for at least three seasons between the ages of 15 and 21.

Training youngsters - as it was in the old days - will have to be a part of the way forward, certainly with Brexit in mind. The English game can't keep dumping money on bad transfers (Pepe and Pogba spring to mind). With the financial might of some of the clubs, there's no excuse for them not to have young players getting trained up. Even if they're squad members who come in and do a shift. 

Can't say I'm not disappointed with our numbers on there, particularly as even teams in the top half are able to do it and still maintain a respectable position. 

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

I would genuinely rather see Liverpool win it again over Yanited. 

I'm totally indifferent to both clubs but atm I'm leaning towards wanting Liverpool to win it. Prefer moneybags MCFC over both of them though. 

• Like 3

Oh dear, how sad, what a shame.

Leave-voting Sam Allardyce bemoans Brexit curbs on foreign signings

Allardyce - newly-appointed at West Brom, who are second from bottom - lamented that three potential recruits had already fallen through as a result of the new rules.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leave-voting-sam-allardyce-bemoans-brexit-curbs-on-foreign-signings/05/01/

• Haha 1

Danny Ings is the only player I can think of who I'd be confident in taking over Jamie Vardy in his role here.

Of course, if he does leave Southampton it'd be for a 'big' club so it won't happen.

Some player though.

22 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Danny Ings is the only player I can think of who I'd be confident in taking over Jamie Vardy in his role here.

Of course, if he does leave Southampton it'd be for a 'big' club so it won't happen.

Some player though.

We are a big club :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Can't believe some are mocking Ralph for that reaction.  He beat Liverpool and beat Klopp for the first time - what's wrong with an honest show of emotion?

We've seen Southampton at their low ebb, and Hasenhüttl deserves enormous credit for bringing his side back from that abyss.  That's why you don't make emotional decisions as a club - he's a good manager and that awful night doesn't change that fact.

I haven’t mocked him, but it’s not the fact he cried but the circumstances; if his Dad/Mum/Dog/Hamster had just died and that win was for them - good on ya!

If it’s the League/FA/Europa/Champions Cup final - go for it.

Last minute winner to save you club from relegation or get promoted - maybe.

But beating an out of form team (albeit league leaders) at home on a Monday night  halfway through a league season after scoring in the 3rd minute? Where does he go emotionally from there? It’s not exactly a peak moment in life?

• Sad 1