Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything stopping PL clubs contacting one of the vaccination companies and buying 50 vaccinations each? Or is this too immoral? 

If they can afford the tests they could

easily afford the vaccinations. It would ensure that the covid protocol could be lessened and stop games being cancelled last minute.

Morally it is questionable but equally I don’t think I would have a big problem if it meant the premier league teams paid a premium for it and then as additional pr, set up vaccination centres to help or invest in local vaccination centres in their area to improve the efficiency. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything stopping PL clubs contacting one of the vaccination companies and buying 50 vaccinations each? Or is this too immoral? 

Is the vaccine available privately then? If it is I Wouldnt be surprised if they aren't already doing this. They would have to keep it very hush hush though the pr would be atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If you can afford the money to beat the queue then why not. It’s no different to the people who can afford private healthcare and beat the NHS queues for treatment.

Plus if all premier league players were vaccinated it may convince any anti vaxers that infact it’s not really Bill Gates trying to reduce the population.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If you can afford the money to beat the queue then why not. It’s no different to the people who can afford private healthcare and beat the NHS queues for treatment.

Plus if all premier league players were vaccinated it may convince any anti vaxers that infact it’s not really Bill Gates trying to reduce the population.

Not really comparable. Speaking as a nurse there’s a difference between having surgery privately on say carpel tunnel ... to privately acquiring a vaccine to a global pandemic when I’ve watched colleagues break and unfortunately die. 

10 minutes ago, Simoken said:

You say that but if he was linked to LCFC next summer ud be eating up those words and licking up his sweating ballsack. end of.

Quality player who people are jealous of Cos the boys got the world at his feet. 

Btw he’s a wolves fan so if he was linked to Leicester he probably wouldn’t give a fvck ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 06/01/2021 at 20:26, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man City create so many chances, no wonder Ihenacho scored a goal every 70 minutes (or whatever it was) there and no wonder Sterling gets 20 goals a season even though his shooting is average.

Iheanacho has 0.45 goal per 90 minutes for us (plus 0.25 assists p90)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Sean Dyche was right in his press conference yesterday. Vacinate the players and then send the money that is spent on testing every week back to the NHS to use for vacinations of everyone.

Govt won’t allow it. - their mates are making too much money doing the testing .....

• Like 1

I wonder how much of this, and in the lower leagues, is being caused by players moving their family/friends into their big houses?

I have to say I felt a bit uneasy watching Ayoze takeover 433 instagram yesterday and end with "and here I am back home with my brother and my friend in my gym"

Fair enough if they've lived with him ever since moving here, but otherwise just feels a bit of a grey area which might well be happening throughout the leagues.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Sean Dyche was right in his press conference yesterday. Vacinate the players and then send the money that is spent on testing every week back to the NHS to use for vacinations of everyone.

It's not a lack of money, it's a lack of vaccine and the people to apply it. A donation to the NHS will make no difference. Can you imagine if your 80 year old granny was dying of covid while millionaires in their 20s were getting the jab? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

It's not quite the same as the vaccines are limited in number at the moment, so you would literally be delaying a vaccine due to an over 80 or at risk person.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's not quite the same as the vaccines are limited in number at the moment, so you would literally be delaying a vaccine due to an over 80 or at risk person.

The only bottle-neck to the vaccinations at the moment is the ability to actually give them; we cant give them fast enough to run out of vaccines therefore no Premier League player would be stealing from your 80 granny. But the public (and press) are far to stupid and reactionary to see this and it would cause such a furore that there's no way any team could do the sensible thing.