urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

It pains me to say it but Villa are one of only four English clubs to have won the European Cup (1982) and you can add 7 FA Cups and 5 League Cups to go with theor league titles.

Having defended Aston Villa I feel like I need a long shower now with a scrubbing brush and some bleach. 

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man united, Forest.

5 actually...👀

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Trent in the top 5 lollollollol 

£150m! That's around £4m for each time he gave the ball away against Southampton.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Koke said:

His payment on the hair transplant must have bounced so he's having to do national service instead!

Edited by AjcW
1 hour ago, KingsX said:

He seems like a classy guy ... certainly not a running mouth or constant whiner like Klopp et al. 

Won't make a bit of difference though.  They'll make sure he knows that next time the fine will be tripled, ignore what he said, and move on.

Who sorry? 

48 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man City create so many chances, no wonder Ihenacho scored a goal every 70 minutes (or whatever it was) there and no wonder Sterling gets 20 goals a season even though his shooting is average.

I don’t think Sterling gets more than 12 goals of playing for ourselves or many other teams. 

Never really seen him drag Man City out of many bad positions, although I think the rest of his game has come on leaps and bounds from what it was in terms of technical and tactical ability. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think Sterling gets more than 12 goals of playing for ourselves or many other teams. 

Never really seen him drag Man City out of many bad positions, although I think the rest of his game has come on leaps and bounds from what it was in terms of technical and tactical ability. 

His goal record for England probably supports this argument. Without checking it’s roughly 1 in 2 for Man City - around 20 a season.

For England, where arguably most of the opposition is slightly easier its roughly 1 in 4, about 10 a season if this was over a full Premier League season.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Definitely a class player as you say, Pep has improved his overall game, but he just seems to fluff so many chances. If he could finish he'd get 25-30 goals a season!

How hasn't Martial been booked there?!

55 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man City create so many chances, no wonder Ihenacho scored a goal every 70 minutes (or whatever it was) there and no wonder Sterling gets 20 goals a season even though his shooting is average.

Well he’s got a very good goal to games ratio here as well. One thing he can do is finish chances.* **

*not penalties at selhurst 

**or close range headers at selhurst

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

I wonder how many other managers are thinking exactly what he had the guts to say about the standard of Refs in the premier league. Perhaps they didn’t want to have to folk out £25,000. Credit to him.

Hell of an inflation rise in 6 years. 

tapatalk_107358264.jpeg

• Haha 1

Christ... imagine being the Man Utd manager and openly calling Man City the best team in the country.

Shows how far they've fallen, you'd have been ran out the club saying that 10/15 years ago.

Looking at the fixtures Man City have coming up and looking very easy run in. Next 3 - Brighton, palace and villa all at home. There next difficult looking game is Liverpool end of feb. I know it’s a crazy league this season but the way they are playing atm there could quite a gap forming. 

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Looking at the fixtures Man City have coming up and looking very easy run in. Next 3 - Brighton, palace and villa all at home. There next difficult looking game is Liverpool end of feb. I know it’s a crazy league this season but the way they are playing atm there could quite a gap forming. 

Villa isn’t going to be easy, plus they need to win two to create a gap first... 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it fair to compare him to Wright-Phillips.  They play in a very similar way, lots of pace but technique lets them down. 

arguably putting a prime SWP in that city team would yield similar returns.