Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, Yes said:

e9n5LMT.jpgNot sure where else to put this. Is it a cause for concern where we are?

I think there are 3 mains ways to improve it.

1. Play Cengiz Under, he was quite creative for Roma and that's translated here with him having 2 league assists and a couple other chances created. With Barnes not really creating much at all this year we need a winger to create chances for Vardy. Albrighton is kind of doing it but his crossing doesnt work that well when we only have Vardy in the box, Under is more unpredictable and that will result in more chances coming vardy's way without the opposition cutting it out.

2. Play Tielemans further up the pitch. There's a lot of users on here complaining about maddison going too deep and him and tielemans getting in each other's way last year and Rodgers has counteracted that by going to a 4231 with Tielemans as a 6 and maddison as a 10. Personally i would like to see us return to the 4141 it really wasnt that bad and we created a lot more.

3. Injured players coming back to full fitness. Justin is good and all but Ricardo is a game changer for me, his line breaking runs will help us a lot with putting pressure on the opponents backline.

• Like 1

Pep on one hand complaining he has no players and they have been hit hard by Covid and on the other hand no punishment, not coming out and condemning the party boys in his squad who have no doubt caused this.

If that we’re out players I’d happily release them from their contracts and look to bring in some replacements this month.

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Newcastle lol

I was thinking that. "Inter-Cities Fairs Cup?" Is that where they used to get the villagers to kick a goat skull down a hill and the first team to fall asleep loses?

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The spurs win is probably good for us. 1 of our contenders for top 7 will will the cup and guarantee and extra EL place. Odd that I want a big club to win but I guess I’m selfish 

7th/League Cup gets a place in the new Intertoto Cup now - the UEFA Vanarama Conference League.

Edited by ealingfox

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think there are 3 mains ways to improve it.

1. Play Cengiz Under, he was quite creative for Roma and that's translated here with him having 2 league assists and a couple other chances created. With Barnes not really creating much at all this year we need a winger to create chances for Vardy. Albrighton is kind of doing it but his crossing doesnt work that well when we only have Vardy in the box, Under is more unpredictable and that will result in more chances coming vardy's way without the opposition cutting it out.

2. Play Tielemans further up the pitch. There's a lot of users on here complaining about maddison going too deep and him and tielemans getting in each other's way last year and Rodgers has counteracted that by going to a 4231 with Tielemans as a 6 and maddison as a 10. Personally i would like to see us return to the 4141 it really wasnt that bad and we created a lot more.

3. Injured players coming back to full fitness. Justin is good and all but Ricardo is a game changer for me, his line breaking runs will help us a lot with putting pressure on the opponents backline.

Spot on 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's what became the UEFA Cup, which in turn became the Europa League. I think.

Yeah surprised at people sniffing their nose up. Only caveat was that only one city could be represented at the time in the competition(or even all European competition I can’t remember 100%)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah surprised at people sniffing their nose up. Only caveat was that only one city could be represented at the time in the competition(or even all European competition I can’t remember 100%)

Not sniffing nose up. Just didn't know what it was and that it was the UEFA Cup in a previous incarnation...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brucey said:

ypgafQnV?format=png&name=900x900

95 years since Sheffield United won anything. Their neighbours Sheffield Wednesday have won 1 League Cup in 81 years. Any honours won in the 1800s and early 1900s (before WW1) are totally meaningless. I'd even go as far as only counting things won post-WW2 but that would offend a lot of football fans. Aston Villa are overrated as a supposed big club. 7 of their 8 league titles came before 1910. Villa can get in the ****ing bin.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Thanks. I had just been mentally disparaging of it assuming it was a precursor of the Johnson's Paint Trophy,  Brian Clough Trophy or such like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Thanks.

Not sniffing nose up. Just didn't know what it was and that it was the UEFA Cup in a previous incarnation...

I had to look it up, too.  Here's hoping we can win the current equivalent (Europa League) this year :D