Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man City have confirmed three further COVID cases. Given the events of NYE with Mendy, surely there has to be punishment? Other clubs had to close their training grounds for seven to ten days. Man City had their training ground closed for a day 

No chance 

after their CAS appeal with uefa, no one is going to ‘punish’ them unless it’s an ‘open and shut case’ clearly defined within the rules.  This isn’t.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I suppose those Medals could of been won by players,who won medals Falling for their country,even while serving their country....

I assertain,no matter when Sporting honours were achieved....It ment something at the Time & today for their families...

Flppant Historical remarks, for point Scoring sake, I would of thought beyond you KOKE...

Plus winning Things, esteem, Promotions support is far easier today...Most People back then were probably more humble then and didn t have

the Media reminding everybody else World wide every 5 minutes, how brilliant they were....!!!!

I agree overall that honours are honours. Cant take away Huddersfield's 3 back to back titles. However, it has zero impact on their status as a football club today. 

Southampton have zero league titles, but their status and overall influence on English football is much bigger than Huddersfield. That's why I was taking a dig at the two Sheffield clubs and Villa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man City have confirmed three further COVID cases. Given the events of NYE with Mendy, surely there has to be punishment? Other clubs had to close their training grounds for seven to ten days. Man City had their training ground closed for a day 

Pep coming out with the excuses already too. Fair play they're probably favourites but should they lose no doubt it'll be pointed at all these players having covid.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I agree overall that honours are honours. Cant take away Huddersfield's 3 back to back titles. However, it has zero impact on their status as a football club today. 

Southampton have zero league titles, but their status and overall influence on English football is much bigger than Huddersfield. That's why I was taking a dig at the two Sheffield clubs and Villa. 

:thumbup:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/two-leicester-city-stars-named-4861040

Two Leicester City stars named in Europe's 100 most valuable players
Manchester United's Marcus Rashford leads the way, but two City players also make the list, with Youri Tielemans now said to be worth double what Leicester paid for him

ByJordan Blackwell
13:23, 6 JAN 2021

Two Leicester City stars have been ranked among Europe’s 100 most valuable players.

Youri Tielemans and Harvey Barnes feature alongside top players from the continent’s biggest clubs in the latest list released by Swiss statisticians at CIES Football Observatory, whose algorithm takes performance quality, age, contract length, international experience, nationality, and more into consideration.

Tielemans is the most valuable player at City, according to CIES, the Belgian midfielder ranking 58th on the list at £64m, one place behind compatriot Kevin De Bruyne and at a price that is double the £32m he cost Leicester when he arrived from Monaco in 2019.

Barnes just makes the list in 100th spot, coming in with a valuation of £48.3m. And he is not the only City academy graduate on the list, with Ben Chilwell, sold to Chelsea last summer for £50m, ranking 87th at £52.3m.

Another former City defender, Harry Maguire, is 83rd on the list, the now Manchester United captain said to be worth £54m.

At the very top of the list is Marcus Rashford, coming in at a whopping £150.1m. Erling Haaland, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bruno Fernandes, and Kylian Mbappe round out the top five.

• Like 1

Who you play for is still a massive influence on player's values. I doubt Chilwell would even be on that list if he was still playing for us.

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

How on earth is Rashford topping that list? Are they counting the positive PR he brings too?

I just don't get the Rashford preoccupation in the press. I honestly don't think he's that good and certainly not the most valuable player. Am I such a poor judge of football talent that I don't see the amazing player that he obviously is.

13 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I just don't get the Rashford preoccupation in the press. I honestly don't think he's that good and certainly not the most valuable player. Am I such a poor judge of football talent that I don't see the amazing player that he obviously is.

Plays pretty much the same position as Barnes and just look at Rashford's numbers. He's only just turned 23 too.

Not the most clinical player in the world but he is excellent.

Without going too deeply in to it; Rashford is excellent because he has:

- the natural attributes: athleticism, strength, pace, stamina, acceleration.

- the football brain which is hard/impossible to coach: his positioning and anticipation are usually superb

- desire: so can be coached: is rarely the centre of scandal, wants to learn the game, works hard, presses at the right time, unselfish.

- flexibility: he is valuable up top, out wide and is also technical enough (like Vardy) to contribute in the build up.

What I'm saying is that he has all the ingredients. He's not the most technical in the world (but extremely good), he's not the most eye-catching, he's not the most natural 'looking' footballer; but for an effective footballer in a top side, he pretty much has it all.

I'd absolutely love the guy at Leicester.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

No you aren’t. Far from it. Like Sterling, Rashford is overrated by a biased English media from whom, for one reason or another, any form of criticism nowadays appears to be off limits.

The two of them are extremely talented, yes, and pacy with it, but far less productive than they should be given the number of promising attacks/chances that they regularly butcher (compared to, say, Haaland or Mbappe).

Many Man United and Man City fans I know - or whose viewpoints I have read - also subscribe to that view.

Let’s see how they perform at the Euros (if they ever take place) for England, shall we?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Maguire, sold for £80m and now worth £54m...

honestly ... if United put Harry on the market for £54M, how many clubs would be in for him?

nada.JPG.f2314765d53aa8aab48acfcb7c3e2c69.JPG

Anyway, I'm sure United are too busy making him look like a £25M player to test the market. 

He seems like a classy guy ... certainly not a running mouth or constant whiner like Klopp et al. 

Won't make a bit of difference though.  They'll make sure he knows that next time the fine will be tripled, ignore what he said, and move on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

It pains me to say it but Villa are one of only four English clubs to have won the European Cup (1982) and you can add 7 FA Cups and 5 League Cups to go with theor league titles.

Having defended Aston Villa I feel like I need a long shower now with a scrubbing brush and some bleach. 

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man united, Forest.

5 actually...👀

• Like 1