Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I can't see us bringing anyone in I think we have enough goals in the team even if we did suffer a injury or two someone can step in and provide the goals defensively we are looking strong and the midfield is as good as any in the league.. 

You may have a point but I don't know where we could improve really 

Hmm I disagree on that. If Vardy or youri miss any significant amount of time we would be half the team. A team patched up with Perez, iheanacho or Hamza could get by for the odd game but wouldn’t win the league. 

Everywhere else we are covered but why risk it? All that I mentioned are available at cut priced deals. I’m not talking about a Torres style deadline day swoop just good business 

Edited by Lambert09

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hmm I disagree on that. If Vardy or youri miss any significant amount of time we would be half the team. A team patched up with Perez, iheanacho or Hamza could get by for the odd game but wouldn’t win the league. 

Everywhere else we are covered but why risk it? All that I mentioned are available at cut priced deals. I’m not talking about a Torres style deadline day swoop just good business 

I see what your saying maybe one attacker but then we have Under waiting in the wings so would they even be needed we do have quite a bit of depth 

25 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It would appear Liverpool are suffering with what Manchester City were inflicted by last season - a boredom of creating and scoring the easy or ugly goal.

What chances they were willing to try and take tended to be through the idea of scoring the perfect looking goal. 
Yet, a fair proportion of goals are scored from imperfect play; missed tackles, knock downs and quick changes of possession - and this was a method of scoring that United looked much more capable of than Liverpool.

What this result means for us is difficult to tell - I think we’d be better off simply concentrating on what we can do rather than others, for maintaining our own momentum in such a competitive league alongside the additional stresses and strains that have and will come with this Covid inflicted season will be no mean feat.

But we can at least take solace from this game that going forward, we are a much more exciting side that can and will score the ugly goal as well as the net blasters.

In six decades of watching City, I've rarely seen the intricacy with which this current group of players is regularly capable of performing. Tielemans, Vardy and Maddison in particular, yet all seem confident on the ball. N'Didi surpassed himself yesterday - his ability to disrupt and steal ball matches N'Golo. I haven't seen many "ugly" goals scored by the team. I'd maintain that the four goals scored against Stoke would win the first prize for three or more goals in a game for quality and variety - if such a competition existed.

I think Covid has deprived Liverpool and United, in particular, of much of the drive they drew from their now absent support. If your diagnosis of a need to showboat is accurate (and Man City can be guilty of that too) then the title is going to be won by the team who wants it most. Last season they lost belief in themselves after being taught a lesson by Man City and Liverpool. This season they've added steel into the mix - a couple of combative recruits in Fofana and Castagne and the emergence of the immensely capable Justin. Jenas stated on MotD that, as he said United could do it, then he'd have to say the same for Leicester. Amen to that.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I see what your saying maybe one attacker but then we have Under waiting in the wings so would they even be needed we do have quite a bit of depth 

I’d rather get someone in who we look back on and say we didn’t need them at the time than look back and think what if we had taken our chance. 

with the fa cup and a potential el run, injuries will happen. For me we took a risk not getting a striker in the summer, we got away with it but who knows if we would have more points on the board if we’d had a strong player to come in off the bench. 

if there’s no value out there then I understand but on the surface of things there are a lot of options with contracts running down. Players who we’ve shown interest in before. 

we all thought it would be okay last season and look what happened. Games like palace could have been won with a little more quality in the overall squad. 

As a club we usually learn from our mistakes so hopefully we are really looking at how we can improve our odds

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I can't see us bringing anyone in I think we have enough goals in the team even if we did suffer a injury or two someone can step in and provide the goals defensively we are looking strong and the midfield is as good as any in the league.. 

You may have a point but I don't know where we could improve really 

I hope you aren't referring to Iheanacho

You'd suspect there's a slump ahead for us.

Might have gone unnoticed but our form from mid January to February since promotion has been quite bad. 

February is probably the lowest tally we have had points wise every season bar the title winning season.

As unlikely it is for us to go on and win it should we sort that out we could go close.

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Man City second then. Just need them to draw with or beat Aston Villa to keep Villa off our tail—nine points behind, three games in hand and already a better goal difference.

Wouldn't count Palace out just yet...