Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't really see alot wrong with that comment, I think we will finish midtable or lower and a few people do need to get real as to where this club is going and our ambitions. His predictions and mine might be totally wrong but it remains to be seen, I currently can't see anything other than ready made excuses for a poor season ahead though.

As for the other predictions - I don't really care about other clubs so i'm not going to comment re those predictions.

He's telling you to expect it and accept it.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

100% he won't going out on loan. He's here to take some of the weight off Jimenez's shoulders.

That is risky then. Even Ronaldo needed a season or two to come alive in the premier but he had guys like Giggs and Scholes next to him. I think he will be a real coup but in a few years. Do you think you’ll add further to your squad this summer/window ?

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That is risky then. Even Ronaldo needed a season or two to come alive in the premier but he had guys like Giggs and Scholes next to him. I think he will be a real coup but in a few years. Do you think you’ll add further to your squad this summer/window ?

Yes there's supposed to be a RB coming in from Porto tomorrow too - Estevez. Tall for a full-back but with great feet. 

We've also supposedly bid for a CB, Todibo at Barca. 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

It could be a masterstroke but, on the face of it, it seems a ridiculous amount of money for a club like Wolves to spend on an 18 year old who has played 500 minutes of first team football

That's why I'm not worried about his goals for the first team. He had very few minutes. His record for Porto's youth team is very good. 

31 goals in 33 games for Porto U17s

33 goals in 39 games for Porto U19s

3 goals in 18 games for Porto first XI

Helped Porto win the UEFA Youth League, beating Chelsea in the final, scoring five goals and four assists en route.

He'll need a season or two to develop, but Nuno is just the man for that job. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's why I'm not worried about his goals for the first team. He had very few minutes. His record for Porto's youth team is very good. 

31 goals in 33 games for Porto U17s

33 goals in 39 games for Porto U19s

3 goals in 18 games for Porto first XI

Helped Porto win the UEFA Youth League, beating Chelsea in the final, scoring five goals and four assists en route.

He'll need a season or two to develop, but Nuno is just the man for that job. 

I hope for your sake youre right. The premier league is unforgiving and youll find fans struggle to look past age. He'll be given half a season by some of your fans before theyll turn if he goes the same way of Cutrone (Im not knocking Wolves It would be the same here) 

The lad is taking a huge gamble jumping over this soon. It could be an amazing move for you if it works out though. In the grand scheme of things, if he doesnt find his feet over 3/4 seasons the club probably wont be that upset over loosing 35mill

• Like 1

For anyone who calls us Portuhampton, I think we'll be signing another two Porto players in the next few days from the sounds of things on the Wolves forums (ITK'er). 

Silva has a massive Portugese "family" at Wolves to help him settle, and I'm sure both him and us will be patient. This lad certainly rates him. Hope he's right:

400084200871_16951.jpg

Edited by The Bear

I'd have no issue with Savage predicting us to finish 10th - it's more than likely, it wouldn't even surprise me if we finished lower - it's the 'get real' comment where he comes across as the little man he is. He's never gotten over the needle he gets from our fans, apart from six months in 2016 where he dined off the fact he used to play for us. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

For anyone who calls us Portuhampton, I think we'll be signing another two Porto players in the next few days from the sounds of things on the Wolves forums (ITK'er). 

Silva has a massive Portugese "family" at Wolves to help him settle, and I'm sure both him and us will be patient. This lad certainly rates him. Hope he's right:

400084200871_16951.jpg

Most people would be creaming their pants if he signed for us.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Bear said:

400084200871_16951.jpg

You'll probably get Trincao on loan too and end our fcukin worlds.

• Haha 2

I can’t believe the £36m fee people are going on about, it’s gotta be nowhere near that.

what a ridiculous sum of money if it is true, shocking for a player who’s hardly played first team football and not represented Portugals U21’s even!

I'm watching Leicester V Manu on sky at the moment (because I needed to be reminded that football could be entertaining) - and I had totally forgotten that Evans was injured off for Man U. And Cambiasso >>>>Rooney fwiw

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We obviously think he could be worth his release fee in a couple of years time. 

Surely you know how this works by now pal. He's worth what Uncle Jorge says he's worth. Come on. 

He could be excellent and Wolves could really get their moneys worth but let's not pretend there's not something else going on here. 

Edited by Finnegan

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

His release clause was €125m. Porto are desperate for money. 

We obviously think he could be worth his release fee in a couple of years time. 

I get he could have potential but you must even admit the sum is outrageous!

Just when you think clubs are not spending as much because of the current climate Wolves complete a signing for a guy who’s impressed at youth level 😂 

I bet all the other clubs are slapping their heads at the same time after this because they were playing the slow game trying to make the whole world think they’re poor. Especially Man U 😂😂🤣🤣