Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

DCL got 13 goals in 30 starts last season, not amazing numbers but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he got 15-20 this season 

Yeah I don't think he's awful by any stretch. But it's the same situation we are in, over reliance on one person.... except ours  is a golden boot winner. 

If they were a bit more sensible in their approach, they'd maybe have gone for one or the other with Allan and James.... and then splashed 40-50m on Ings.

If they'd done that they could have had a front three of Richarlison, Ings and DCL.... 

Edited by AjcW

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah I don't think he's awful by any stretch. But it's the same situation we are in, over reliance on one person.... except ours  is a golden boot winner. 

If they were a bit more sensible in their approach, they'd maybe have gone for one or the other with Allan and James.... and then splashed 40-50m on Ings.

If they'd done that they could have had a front three of Richarlison, Ings and DCL.... 

Southampton wouldn’t let Ings go for anything south of £70m imo. He’s their key player and they wouldn’t be a better side even with two £35m signings. It’d be a bit of a sideways move as well 

I agree though, Doucoure, Allan and Rodriguez is overkill

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Has James Rodriguez done anything of note since the 2014 World Cup? I don't remember him making much of a splash at Madrid. 

Believe he opened a restaurant back in Colombia with compatriot Egan Bernal, the Tour de France bloke. 

It's called...

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Still find it beyond belief that Everton have spent £100m for Richarlison and Siggurdson. Wouldn’t pay half of that for both of them. 

I'd happily have Richarlison for £50m, worth it for sure. 

Can Ancelotti get anything out of Moise Kean? I thought Juve were mad to let him go but like Iheanacho with Man City it might take him a few years, if at all to produce the goods in an inferior team rather than have it served on a plate.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, davieG said:

Not sure about Wolves, Man United and Arsenal being so high.

Personally think that 1) Man City, 2) Liverpool, 3) Chelsea is just about nailed on.

I then think it's probably going to be Man Utd in 4th with a free for all between 5th and 10th.

No idea why they think Arsenal will improve that much. I think Everton are dark horses with their new midfield of Allan, Doucoure and James who I think will work well together.

Stick my neck on the line and go with;

1) Man City

2) Liverpool

3) Chelsea

4) Man Utd

5) Spurs

6) Everton

7) Leicester

8) Arsenal

9) Wolves

10) Southampton

11) Leeds

12) Palace

13) West Ham

14) Newcastle

15) Brighton

16) Sheffield United

17) Villa

18) Burnley

19) West Brom

20) Fulham

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Has James Rodriguez done anything of note since the 2014 World Cup? I don't remember him making much of a splash at Madrid. 

He was on loan at Bayern for a year or maybe even two. I watched a fair few games and there were glimpses of quality but overall, bit of a flop. Never really broke into the Starting XI.

Similar story to Coutinho this year. Both players had an option to buy at the end of the loan, neither was activated.

Appreciate Bayern, Real/Barca and Everton are different calibers but still. Can't see him pulling up any trees at Everton.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rather than signing 3 midfielders, Everton should have signed one or two, then spent the spare money on a striker or a goalkeeper (although they may be getting one).

DCL will never be a top 6 striker, they need someone else.

They'll buy more, there's no way they are done yet in the market. Can't stop giggling at the 2020/21 losses they are going to post, it'll be astonishing.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure about Wolves, Man United and Arsenal being so high.

Personally think that 1) Man City, 2) Liverpool, 3) Chelsea is just about nailed on.

I then think it's probably going to be Man Utd in 4th with a free for all between 5th and 10th.

No idea why they think Arsenal will improve that much. I think Everton are dark horses with their new midfield of Allan, Doucoure and James who I think will work well together.

Stick my neck on the line and go with;

1) Man City

2) Liverpool

3) Chelsea

4) Man Utd

5) Spurs

6) Everton

7) Leicester

8) Arsenal

9) Wolves

10) Southampton

11) Leeds

12) Palace

13) West Ham

14) Newcastle

15) Brighton

16) Sheffield United

17) Villa

18) Burnley

19) West Brom

20) Fulham

I think 7th for us with no signings is very optimistic I highly doubt we will finish above Arsenal. 

Edited by wignalll2007

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd have opened one with Rene Higuita personally and named it HigEATa's

Then the signature dish could be ham & eggs with a scorpion garnish. Washed down with plenty of coke (it is Colombia, after all).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Expect transfers to slow down now. China TV deal gone pop

I'm sure they'll get another one in place sharpish.... you don't terminate the contract on a deal because of one withheld payment if you don't have a replacement lined up! 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Still find it beyond belief that Everton have spent £100m for Richarlison and Siggurdson. Wouldn’t pay half of that for both of them. 

I'd pay for Richarlison. He annoys me with how much he dives but he can finish and is good in the air. Left midfield or centre forward. And he's only early 20's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm sure they'll get another one in place sharpish.... you don't terminate the contract on a deal because of one withheld payment if you don't have a replacement lined up! 

Bit more complex than that - all to do with politics. Chinese broadcaster were refusing to pay. 

It's not dis-similar to the NBA situation. 

Jim White is the most loathsome guy in football media. Even worse than Adrian Durham. 

I enjoy West Ham misery as much as anyone but they're well within their rights to moan about the ownership, the manager, style of play, poor recruitment etc. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'd pay for Richarlison. He annoys me with how much he dives but he can finish and is good in the air. Left midfield or centre forward. And he's only early 20's.

Another season like last year for richarlison and he'll be picked up by a big club...PSG perhaps

Fortunately Everton will then revert to type and buy another Cenk Tosun and AN Other Arsenal reject to replace him

48 minutes ago, Koke said:

Jim White is the most loathsome guy in football media. Even worse than Adrian Durham. 

I enjoy West Ham misery as much as anyone but they're well within their rights to moan about the ownership, the manager, style of play, poor recruitment etc. 

Him Kaveh & Dharmesh are the absolute pits.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man high in an ivory tower talks down to fans who actually support the club and know what's going on, imagine my shock. Left their famous home, stuck in a stadium in the middle of nowhere with no atmosphere and nothing around it, no wonder they're pissed.

• Like 3