Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think letting him know the child he picked ahead of him is 'so much quicker and so much better at defending' was probably his way of saying there wasn't a place for him anymore lol 

Yeah probably. But it’s still dressing it up isn’t it. I think Rose strikes me as the type of bloke who could handle being told straight, so there’s no equivocation. 

Who am I to argue with the man management of the of the best ever in the business though! Fascinating clip. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Depends at which point this conversation took place. If it's a repetitive thing then why doesn't he speak to Jose's boss? 

Levy would have to back Jose over Rose. As i said Jose has already decided he's not good enough and probably questions his attitude and wants him out.....these days though its wise not to say that overtly but engineer him out.

I think it is a situation where first choice fullback is no longer first choice. It is hard to take and Rose’s reaction is in someways understandable. I think Jose handled it well but we don’t know what else ended up being edited out.

Edited by Philkeavo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

I think it is a situation where first choice fullback is no longer first choice. It is hard to take and Rose’s reaction is in someways understandable. I think Jose handled it well but we don’t know what else ended up being edited out.

Jose will have experienced this before and also have had training in how to deal with this situation. What he does is counter Rose's argument that's its not fair etc ie an emotional view with a factual response ie you were crap against Liverpool which Rose has to agree with. 

Interestingly I think it highlights another issue Spurs have.

There's no separation between manager and owner, no other levels of command, no Director of Football to mediate.

The amount Levy is in this documentary says it all really, he runs the show, he's having breakfast with the players every morning, he's having meetings with Mourinho constantly.

Always struck me as a club that needs a few more heads to run things between Chairman and Manager, but he doesn't strike me as the sort of character that will ever allow that whilst he's the man at the top. 

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Think Danny Rose in general is probably a bit bitter on what might have been when he was linked with Man City 3/4 years ago, especially seeing Kyle Walker's success there. 

I think so too. Rose was class few years ago. Shame he has declined, he was a brilliant player.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I think so too. Rose was class few years ago. Shame he has declined, he was a brilliant player.

Been quite open about his off the field struggles hasn't he. Clearly someone who runs on confidence and when that's low he's got no chance. 

• Like 1

They get bonuses for appearances, scoring, assisting, clean sheets, completing 90mins ect. If he isn't playing he's losing the chance of making extra money. Same goes for alot of footballers and knowing Levy's tactness in keeping wages down, Spurs probably use them heavily to subsidise their wages.

Danny Rose is a right grump though, I don't blame Jose for wanting to improve on his attitude. When Chilwell got his England debut at the KP it was Rose whose number came up, camera pans across he's mouthing off and throwing his hands about - he'd done nothing of note performance-wise all game

49 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What a crybaby. Danny Rose is shite. He  admitted before it's just a job to him and he doesn't like playing. Kind of surprised he's moaning and not just sitting and picking up his cheque. 

Pretty sure he said he can’t wait to stop playing because of the racism in the game and not because he actually doesn’t like playing football.

Clearly a bloke who has his struggles and I’ve always found the grief he gets from football fans quite interesting 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Maguire fvcking up and now Greenwood. Got to imagine they’ll walk all over Ole and his nice guy attitude toward them this year.

Hope this United team start to plummet, I really do 

And Foden. That's on top of Walker being a dick as well a couple months back.

Hope both plummet.

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Hmmmm. I feel like Jose could have easily just said look Danny, not sure you’re good enough for us at the minute and I can’t guarantee you minutes. Keep a professional attitude in training, stay fit and we’ll get you a move as soon as we can. No hard feelings. No point paying him lip service when he’s clearly already pissed off. 

Running off to talk to Levy is a bit weird mind. 

That's the bit that was strange to me. I don't think Rose was the bad on film. Someone on twitter said "he thinks he's like Maldini on this clip" and I watched all of it and didn't see that.

But running off to Daniel is strange. However, it just shows the mentality of some players. There are reports of players going to chairmen, at first I didn't think it'd be true, but clearly some do it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

More Portugeezers as we continue to rape Porto. May as well give us the league in 3 years time... :whistle:

Apologies mid the question is naïve, But I really don't understand why these players are persuaded/forced to play for wolves. 

So if I was a decent Porto player looking for the next step up to maybe Spain or Italy or PL or Bundesliga - and my agent owned, say, VfB Wolfsburg- ...of all clubs my agent then announces that he's sorted me a deal with Wolfsburg...I'd be a bit, like...., are you sure? 

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

More Portugeezers as we continue to rape Porto. May as well give us the league in 3 years time... :whistle:

Look forward to all the youth prospects you lot will be contributing to England teams in the coming years :) 

On 06/09/2020 at 11:23, TK95 said:

Greek mugshot lol

HMaboy.JPG.8a6aad080b57535a991cf7556e950787.JPG

Mugshot ?! …  perish the thought sir, that’s an “ALTAR BOY ATTACKED BY ALBANIAN GANGSTERS”   aboy3.JPG.14ba8a899bdfa6915e3e41f22078afca.JPG

Quite a shameless spin on “Pissed-up footballer spends night in jail after rumbling with Greek cops” if you ask me.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Apologies mid the question is naïve, But I really don't understand why these players are persuaded/forced to play for wolves. 

So if I was a decent Porto player looking for the next step up to maybe Spain or Italy or PL or Bundesliga - and my agent owned, say, VfB Wolfsburg- ...of all clubs my agent then announces that he's sorted me a deal with Wolfsburg...I'd be a bit, like...., are you sure? 

I guess they're like all young players, they want to play in the Premier League. It seems we are now going for the Dortmund/Monaco/Leipzig model where we try to snap up young talent. I'd like to see more nationalities but with our connections it's no wonder Portugal is first off the ranks. 

The Porto fans online are furious at this one. They are sure he was going to be a star for them.