Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I guess they're like all young players, they want to play in the Premier League. It seems we are now going for the Dortmund/Monaco/Leipzig model where we try to snap up young talent. I'd like to see more nationalities but with our connections it's no wonder Portugal is first off the ranks. 

The Porto fans online are furious at this one. They are sure he was going to be a star for them. 

But they sell them on for massive profit. You lot don’t 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Mugshot ?! …  perish the thought sir, that’s an “ALTAR BOY ATTACKED BY ALBANIAN GANGSTERS”   aboy3.JPG.14ba8a899bdfa6915e3e41f22078afca.JPG

Quite a shameless spin on “Pissed-up footballer spends night in jail after rumbling with Greek cops” if you ask me.

lol Wow! I think you're absolutely right. I feel stupid that I didn't spot that before. Someone almost certainly considered adding a subtle halo effect, but thought that might be pushing it a tad. It's shameless propaganda! Well spotted. Makes me surer than ever that he's guilty. Not that I wasn't sure before, mind.

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I guess they're like all young players, they want to play in the Premier League. It seems we are now going for the Dortmund/Monaco/Leipzig model where we try to snap up young talent. I'd like to see more nationalities but with our connections it's no wonder Portugal is first off the ranks. 

The Porto fans online are furious at this one. They are sure he was going to be a star for them. 

Model seems to be working. :thumbup:

Would like our own version but with Belgians :D

Seriously, do Porto have a decent sell on clause?

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

A loan with an option to buy is a little odd is it not? This is why I don't entirely trust what your owners and Mendes are up to. Why would Porto agree to this given how talented he is? Mendes orchestrating it all. You say they badly need money, so how does this help? They could sell Alex Telles with just a year left but won't budge on the fee and yet letting 2 shit hot stars leave? Whiffy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A loan with an option to buy is a little odd is it not? This is why I don't entirely trust what your owners and Mendes are up to. Why would Porto agree to this given how talented he is? Mendes orchestrating it all. You say they badly need money, so how does this help? They could sell Alex Telles with just a year left but won't budge on the fee and yet letting 2 shit hot stars leave? Whiffy.

Is it a third party ownership thing?

I'm wondering if the player has absolutely no say whatsoever in these moves.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Everton forum.... “he’s in the top 5 players in the world”. 

God they are delusional. lol

A rop 5 player in the world wouldn't join Everton. 

Another 29 year old on huge wages on their books. Lovely. 

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Look forward to all the youth prospects you lot will be contributing to England teams in the coming years :) 

All national sides go through periods of boom and bust as well. What happens when the Portuguese talent dries up? I know they've got a few other nationalities in there but relying on one source for your players could be a bit foolhardy in the long run.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I want to know who the 57 year old is!

It's written as a bit of a non-sequitur. It's saying who's the oldest player in the league (also who played against Leeds) in 03/04 and that's David Seaman. The season before Milner faced a player who turns 57 in 2 months named Peter Schmeichel. So now if Kasper's son gets his act together Milner could face 3 generations of Schmeichel's before he hangs up his boots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Haha I prefer Portohampton myself.. 😂

In all fairness, not calling them 'wolves...' seems a bit disrespectful - it'd be like someone calling us Belgiacity, instead of Leicestelgium - it's loses too much of its identity :D 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

In all fairness, not calling them 'wolves...' seems a bit disrespectful - it'd be like someone calling us Belgiacity, instead of Leicestelgium - it's loses too much of its identity :D 

In all fairness I was like WTH does Southampton have anything to do with Wolves + Porto

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Wolves have Portuguese connections without a doubt but whenever I watch them they bore me shitless. Think they’re a bit overrated tbh but let’s see how these so called wonder kids turn out.

But how dull have we been with our tippy tappy, build up from the back, going nowhere losing football since Christmas? I don't think we're into a position to gloat tbh.

9 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

But they sell them on for massive profit. You lot don’t 

Not yet. If when our best players leave they'll go for 2-3 times what we paid for them. Doherty was just a Mendes Carousel move by the looks of it. He wasn't worth much more than £20m any way. He's an average player who's poor defensively but decent going forwards in our specific system. He'll be a liability at Spurs, mark my words. 

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We often do loan with options to buy as it gives us a chance to assess him for a season and also delays his transfer fee for a year for FFP purposes, which allows us to make other purchases in the same window. 

Oh and I wouldn't entirely trust that Portugese Twitter account about Telles. He's made a lot of guesses in the last few days. Fabio Silva came off and Vinagre does seem to be leaving. But he also said we were getting Esteves and Leite "in a few hours" from them days ago. I can't see us getting Telles, I think he'll go to Man Utd. 

Edited by The Bear