Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I'm thinking people are confused with other clubs managers that we've gotten sacked after beating them.

I know Chelsea are the main victims but I'm sure we got Watford or Brighton or some other team's manager sacked after beating them too, so hence the 4/5 Chelsea managers confusion.

Edited by LC/FC

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I'm thinking people are confused with other clubs managers that we've gotten sacked after beating them.

I know Chelsea are the main victims but I'm sure we got Watford or Brighton or some other team's manager sacked after beating them too, so hence the 4/5 Chelsea managers confusion.

I remember Nigel Worthington's last game in charge of Leicester was against us. That was last game of the season though. At the Walkers, we won 4-1, I went to that one. We got Lee Jobber banging his drum for us. 

Edited by The Bear

8 games ago, they were top of the league and through their CL group...

A tough run of fixtures against Everton, West Ham, Arsenal(?), Villa, Man City, West Ham & Us and gone.

After 13 years as a player and 18 months of doing a pretty good job as manager, even knowing Chelsea's reputation, you'd have thought they would have owed him more time than an 8 game bad run.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I remember Nigel Worthingtons last game in charge of you was against us. That was last game of the season though. At the Walkers, we won 4-1, I went to that one. We got Lee Jobber banging his drum for us. 

Urgh. Worthington... The most boring appointment since Pleat.

I see some TalkShite presenters have come out with the 'no disrespect but losing to the likes of Leicester last week Blah blah'.   If Carlsberg opened the University of Bell-ends.

• Like 1

Chelsea Panic, & Chase a name...again..!!

They should of given Frank, the whole season...

As also a BvB fan, of will be interesting how Tuchel Handles the individual players, & this expensive squad.

His man management, started out being questioned, improved & one seen him learn & grow.

Some were suprised, that Dortmund, had a Political Interim downer..and some thought Tuchel was liked has an excuse...

I must be honest in that period I sat on the fence, my Son was more  disapointed with off-field higher management....

Tuchl started to Grow on the fans..Maybe 50-50....

At Chelsea Tuchel has potentially the best Set of players, he has ever managed, so Next season will be interesting....

I Dont believe Chelsea will be near Top 2, but any Top 8, still as a chance for Top 4, at the moment...

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I see some TalkShite presenters have come out with the 'no disrespect but losing to the likes of Leicester last week Blah blah'.   If Carlsberg opened the University of Bell-ends.

Tbf, as much as it's beyond stupid to make the objective point that losing to a side who have been in the top 6 for the last 18 months means you're out of your depth, could they have meant it in the sense that from Abramovic's point of view it's not good enough to lose to title rivals?  I might be giving too much benefit of the doubt idk.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Just googled Nigel Worthington as I'd forgotten about him.

Apparently he's Brendan Rodgers' cousin? Who knew we'd had cousins as managers.

Well I was today years old when I learned that little tidbit... So not me, until now. Might have helped in putting a decent word, might not have being as it was about a decade before. But also could have just asked about the area to live and settle in rather than the Club itself.

35 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Urgh. Worthington... The most boring appointment since Pleat.

I'd have taken Worthington over Gary Megson any day of the week. Also, infinitely better than the caretaker dream team duo we had for four matches, Dave Bassett with Howard Wilkinson.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

This is how Chelsea roll and they've bee  successful doing it this way. Chelsea will be fine in the long run. The Q is where will Lampard go from here? What type of club will hire him? Will he drop down to the Championship? 

chelsea have no soul and if the opposition ever get in power their owner is in serious trouble trust me

8 minutes ago, twister said:

chelsea have no soul and if the opposition ever get in power their owner is in serious trouble trust me

Chelsea proved that no amount of money can buy you class . I would love to see all these scummy kleptocrats like Abramovich swept away but can’t see it happening any time soon 

17 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'd have taken Worthington over Gary Megson any day of the week. Also, infinitely better than the caretaker dream team duo we had for four matches, Dave Bassett with Howard Wilkinson.

At least we got a Ginger Mourinho chant from Megson and Harry at least led to Micky Adams first time around...

I can't remember a single thing about Worthington's single season.

6 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

At least we got a Ginger Mourinho chant from Megson and Harry at least led to Micky Adams first time around...

I can't remember a single thing about Worthington's single season.

He wasn't here for a single season, he was just here to see out the final 4 or 5 games of the season and make sure we didn't get relegated after Rob Kelly was sacked. Which to be fair, we weren't.

He was only ever a caretaker here

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He wasn't here for a single season, he was just here to see out the final 4 or 5 games of the season and make sure we didn't get relegated after Rob Kelly was sacked. Which to be fair, we weren't.

He was only ever a caretaker here

If I remember rightly he did a great job in a very short period of time. He did exactly what was needed. I'd say he would have been a better appointment for the next season if we hadn't gone on eventually to benefit long term from our relegation to league one.