Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It'll be interesting to see where Frank goes next, doubt he'll want to go back to the Championship, a struggling premier league club unlikely to go for him. 

Newcastle maybe, Celtic possibly. Might be worth a couple of quid on being England manager after the euros. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It'll be interesting to see where Frank goes next, doubt he'll want to go back to the Championship, a struggling premier league club unlikely to go for him. 

Newcastle maybe, Celtic possibly. Might be worth a couple of quid on being England manager after the euros. 

Think he's a bit stuck personally. Even when he was at Derby he could still live in London (wifes tv commitments etc) 

I think he probably imagined himself being at Chelsea for a long time! 

They've got a baby on the way too so i'd imagine he might take a bit of 'Eddie Howe' style time out with the family!

I'm disappointed for Frank. I think he did a very good job but they just didn't give him time to blend the new players with the core of youngsters he has.

How many times though does a great club player, go back to manage the club, and then get sacked? I can think of Souness & Dalglish @Liverpool, Shearer @Newcastle, Henry @Monaco, Lampard now @Chelsea

Hoping the same doesn't happen to Vardy @Leicester in say 2028. 

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I'm disappointed for Frank. I think he did a very good job but they just didn't give him time to blend the new players with the core of youngsters he has.

How many times though does a great club player, go back to manage the club, and then get sacked? I can think of Souness & Dalglish @Liverpool, Shearer @Newcastle, Henry @Monaco, Lampard now @Chelsea

Lennon @Leicester 2021  :ph34r:

• Sad 1

Should've been given more time, but as the old cliche goes: it's a results business. 

They've spent an absolute fortune and are way off the pace.

As much as I don't care much for Manchester Red, they stuck with Solskjaer when it would've been easy to sack him and they're now reaping the rewards.

This is how Chelsea roll and they've bee  successful doing it this way. Chelsea will be fine in the long run. The Q is where will Lampard go from here? What type of club will hire him? Will he drop down to the Championship? 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is how Chelsea roll and they've bee  successful doing it this way. Chelsea will be fine in the long run. The Q is where will Lampard go from here? What type of club will hire him? Will he drop down to the Championship? 

Celtic fans would take Frank Spencer at the minute let alone Frank Lampard so what about a reunion with his old pal Stevie up in SCO

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

No its not, its a perfect recipe for damaging a brand, look how the Chelsea fans have reacted, not so great. 

I really wanted to see Frank Lampard do well off the back of his amazing career as a footballer. A move to Chelsea whilst so new to management always felt a bit rushed, much like if Gerrard would have gone to Liverpool. I think Lampard managed Chelsea like i would on Fifa. Buy as many big names as you can with your transfer budget and hope it comes together. It seems so much more was missing out of his management skills that most of his buys have not reached anywhere close to their potential.

At the start of the season, Chelsea were the team i was most excited to see. I think if Lampard would have been patient, his dream of managing his club would have happened at the right time, when he had developed the right skills and backroom.

Do wish him the best though, i have no feelings for Chelsea as a club but Lampards playing career was brilliant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simoken said:

No its not, its a perfect recipe for damaging a brand, look how the Chelsea fans have reacted, not so great. 

Chelsea have sacked their most successful manager twice (Mourinho). Chelsea hierarchy only care about results and they have been successful both on & off the field for the past 20 years - irrespective of who they hire and fire.

Chelsea's brand will be just fine. 

29 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He had the time, he just wasn't up to the job.  Bloody tough at a club like Chelsea, big squad, big names on the way down career wise.