Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf, as much as it's beyond stupid to make the objective point that losing to a side who have been in the top 6 for the last 18 months means you're out of your depth, could they have meant it in the sense that from Abramovic's point of view it's not good enough to lose to title rivals?  I might be giving too much benefit of the doubt idk.

Yeah I think you are. That’s effectively them saying “you lost to a very good team! That’s unacceptable and I’m firing you!” It’s losing to bad teams that should get you fired, not good teams.

Having said that, I can’t believe that people who’s job is involved with professional football can still think we’re crap and it’s therefore the ultimate insult to lose to us, so I don’t think it’s that either.

Might be some kind of jealousy-induced knee-jerk reaction by people who think simply throwing money at a sports situation should guarantee results, just like it does in every other facet of their lives. Toys/pram etc.

Dunno. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He wasn't here for a single season, he was just here to see out the final 4 or 5 games of the season and make sure we didn't get relegated after Rob Kelly was sacked. Which to be fair, we weren't.

He was only ever a caretaker here

Holy Crap! My mind totally forget Rob Kelly was even manager... It seems permanently stuck in remembering him as Levein's assistant.

Enjoying the shock that a club who routinely sack managers have routinely sacked a manager. Only this time it would be different because it's Frank and he's a legend and they deserve time etc. Only change this time is that he's not been sacked after winning a trophy.

I don't think they ever really wanted him but it suited to go through the transfer ban and losing Hazard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If any of you fancy being offended, check out the illustration on Paul Scholes' Facebook page. To say that it is being a just a bit previous would be putting it mildly...

I don't have to check out Scholes's Facebook page, there are plenty of other pundits that piss me off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9185783/amp/Frank-Lampards-sacking-mooted-Chelsea-summer-loss-Leicester-final-straw.html?__twitter_impression=true

Having originally wanted to give Lampard an opportunity to turn Chelsea’s season around, last week’s feeble loss to away at Leicester appears to have been the final straw for Abramovich following weeks of disappointing results.

Lampard has the worst points-per-game ratio of any manager in the Abramovich era, a statistic that hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Sources have indicated that Abramovich, despite preferring to wait until the summer to make a change when more of his preferred replacements would have been more readily available, accelerated his initial interest in Tuchel immediately after the loss at the King Power Stadium after conceding a new boss had to appointed immediately to save the club’s season.

Indeed, it is understood Tuchel could have been in place prior to the win over Luton on Sunday but Covid travel restrictions meant Lampard was afforded one more game.

But whatever the result against Luton, the decision to eventually replace Lampard with Tuchel was made. The fact Tuchel is available now following his recent sacking form PSG a key factor in his appointment.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I hope it works out for our Ben, I bear no animosity. Without knowing what's going on he must be casting a backward glance at the club that made him and seeing all the togetherness and smiles. 

A quick look at the bank balance might make him feel better if that's his motivation. 

6 months is clearly a long time in football and if he came back now he'd be 5th choice. 

5th choice?? I think that’s a bit of a stretch, I agree Justin’s performances have gone beyond Chilwell and I’d be happy for him to be first choice. But Ben would be 2nd choice as a LB right now.

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I hope it works out for our Ben, I bear no animosity. Without knowing what's going on he must be casting a backward glance at the club that made him and seeing all the togetherness and smiles. 

A quick look at the bank balance might make him feel better if that's his motivation. 

6 months is clearly a long time in football and if he came back now he'd be 5th choice. 

We won’t ever find out cos he isn’t coming back .....

and yes, his bank balance looks great and he is still England first choice left back ..... I’m not concerned for his mental well being .....

33 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

5th choice?? I think that’s a bit of a stretch, I agree Justin’s performances have gone beyond Chilwell and I’d be happy for him to be first choice. But Ben would be 2nd choice as a LB right now.

Castagne and JJ would definitely be ahead of him at LB. Possibly Ricardo, as well.

Not coming back, anyway.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Castagne, Justin, Ricardo and probably Thomas all ahead of him now. All of our current crop of full backs can play LB. 

• Like 1