Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m sorry but this is just pure revisionism. Chilwell was/is a very good left back and to say all four of those are ahead of him is just false. Thomas in particular shouldn’t even be in the conversation and Ricardo Pereira has never played left back for us so I’m not sure you can claim he would be either. In fact Ricardo has only played left back 24 times in his career almost exclusively at Nice.

It is clear though .. Chilwell is very overrated. If he's worth 55m then so is JJ.

Justin is more versatile as well.

We had Chelsea's pants down lets be honest!

• Like 2

Just now, weller54 said:

It is clear though .. Chilwell is very overrated. If he's worth 55m then so is JJ.

I’m not questioning Justin or any of our full backs of which we are blessed. There’s a very ugly side to this fan base where they can’t gracefully accept a player leaving and have to constantly trash them and put them down. Let me ask you a question, do you genuinely believe Thomas is currently a better full back than chilwell as suggested?

• Like 1

Sky Sports have published their expected goals table:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12198261/liverpool-top-xg-premier-league-table-ahead-of-man-city-chelsea-and-leicester

Talking of Chelsea, their overall play has been better than most and they should be higher - their problem is upfront with Werner misfiring. 

Like I said before, Everton, Southampton and Man Utd have been very lucky so far, their strikers have been clinical compared to other sides. Especially hope it catches up with Man Utd and Everton, their performances don’t merit their league positions. 

Two other standouts are Wolves and Brighton. Wolves have been even worse than their position suggests, while Brighton should be far higher but they’re flawed in two crucial positions - striker and goalkeeper. 

Liverpool have almost been as good as last season but they haven’t had the same luck. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12198261/liverpool-top-xg-premier-league-table-ahead-of-man-city-chelsea-and-leicester

Talking of Chelsea, their overall play has been better than most and they should be higher - their problem is upfront with Werner misfiring. 

Like I said before, Everton, Southampton and Man Utd have been very lucky so far, their strikers have been clinical compared to other sides. Especially hope it catches up with Man Utd and Everton, their performances don’t merit their league positions. 

Two other standouts are Wolves and Brighton. Wolves have been even worse than their position suggests, while Brighton should be far higher but they’re flawed in two crucial positions - striker and goalkeeper. 

Liverpool have almost been as good as last season but they haven’t had the same luck. 

That image at the top is weird. Almost alphabetical order, but not.

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The amount of games I had in FM when I won just because of good goal keepers and strikers - (because everyone else gave the ball away too much to matter :P ) - tells me someone at Brighton hasn't played it? :P

42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If we only had Chilwell and Thomas as full backs Chillwell starts every week. 
Thomas is a good up and coming professional, but no way is he ahead of Chilwell in his game.

Ricardo is a RB and when everyone is fit and playing well he starts there, he’s never competing.

Castagne is debatable, I still think he’s better as a RB.

Justins form this season has played him into the side and I think he’ll be our first choice and has improved on what Ben offered.

I still don’t get that stick Ben Chilwell gets. A young lad who came through our youth ranks to play for England, left for what he thought was a better opportunity to win things - bagging us £50 million quid in the process. 
I hope Chilwell goes on to have a great career and we can be proud of his achievements as a player we’ve helped develop.

I hope he goes on to have a great career too, below Leicester for all of it or abroad though 🤣

50 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m sorry but this is just pure revisionism. Chilwell was/is a very good left back and to say all four of those are ahead of him is just false. Thomas in particular shouldn’t even be in the conversation and Ricardo Pereira has never played left back for us so I’m not sure you can claim he would be either. In fact Ricardo has only played left back 24 times in his career almost exclusively at Nice.

Thomas has a goal and 2 assists, plus won a penalty vs Palace to his name already. Seems defensively better than Chilwell too. I'd honestly not have that acrote back anywhere near this team, another stunning piece of business from our club to get north of £55m for him.

• Like 1

I am in agreement with a few posts. Whereas I don’t think Chilwell is a bad player, I think we have absolutely had Chelsea, £50m for him was amazing business, he is good, but he is not on the same level as Timmy, Ricardo or Justin. And you can include Ricardo, full back is fullback no matter left or right... And Chilly will never be as good as him, nor Timmy for that matter. As @Ric Flair suggested it was a stunning bit of business from the club considering Chillwell was largely horrible last season, how we got the money we did for him was obscene. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not questioning Justin or any of our full backs of which we are blessed. There’s a very ugly side to this fan base where they can’t gracefully accept a player leaving and have to constantly trash them and put them down. Let me ask you a question, do you genuinely believe Thomas is currently a better full back than chilwell as suggested?

No of course not..but has the potential to be better.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Jose Mourinho Leicester 2 - 1 Chelsea 2015

Guss Hiddink   Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester 1 2016

Maurizio Sarri Leicester 0 - 0 Chelsea 2019

Frank Lampard Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea 2020

Bit of an useless stat really. Hiddink was an interim appointment whose contract expired at the end of the season. Sarri’s last game was the Europa League Final v Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Not forgetting Marina‘s knickers were also taken down twice in Germany last summer.....

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Not sure he does, think that what was misunderstood in local paper. He went twitter saying how much he liked wolves... next minute a local paper thought he meant the football team and posted that. A day later Hamill confirmed he was talking about the animal not about a team "he never heard of"

Haha that’s brilliant, I thought it was strange when I read it. It just shows don’t believe half the crap which is written in newspapers.

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Not sure he does, think that what was misunderstood in local paper. He went twitter saying how much he liked wolves... next minute a local paper thought he meant the football team and posted that. A day later Hamill confirmed he was talking about the animal not about a team "he never heard of"

lol That's brilliant! I wonder if this is true of all 'wolves' fans.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit of an useless stat really. Hiddink was an interim appointment whose contract expired at the end of the season. Sarri’s last game was the Europa League Final v Arsenal. 

Not really, just an interesting stat.

4 of the last 5 Chelsea managers have had their last Premier League game against Leicester. 

8 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Not quite sure where you're coming from on this. Its a football opinion that places Chilwell well down the pecking order when making a comparison with our current fullbacks. I don't think anyone is trying to trash him or put him down. I believe we have rapidly moved on to another level since Chilwell left but that doesnt mean I bear any animosity towards him (as said previously). Perhaps he'll flourish under Tuchel. I wish him all the best. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Jose Mourinho Leicester 2 - 1 Chelsea 2015

Guss Hiddink   Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester 1 2016

Maurizio Sarri Leicester 0 - 0 Chelsea 2019

Frank Lampard Leicester 2 - 0 Chelsea 2020

Sarri left by mutual agreement to Juve as he missed Italy. Hiddink was brilliant at Chelsea and the fans practically begged him to stay but he went back to The international team he was already manager for. Think it was Russia.

Standard West Ham signing. Singnibg crap players on huge wages from bigger clubs. Carroll, Wilshere, Lingard etc.  Guaranteed they will sign him permanently in the summer. 

Edited by Koke

22 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sarri left by mutual agreement to Juve as he missed Italy. Hiddink was brilliant at Chelsea and the fans practically begged him to stay but he went back to The international team he was already manager for. Think it was Russia.

The stat never mentioned being sacked, just that 4 of the last 5 Chelsea managers had their last league game as manager against Leicester.

It is just a funny coincidence

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

We have got three full backs that are better than Chilwell and a fourth with the potential to be.   I think that when we say this it is more a case of having a laugh at Chelsea's expense rather than Chilwell's and also to promote our club's transfer achievements.  We have sold a full back and bought in two of better quality for Half the price.  Isn't that something worth smiling about?  You would have to be a saint not to poke Chelsea fans with that particular stick.  

Personally I have no feeling whatsoever for Cjhilwell, he's a Chelsea player, but plenty trashed him when he was here not just because he left us.  He had good spells for us but also bad spells, particularly 2020 when I suspect that he was mentally already playing for Chelsea.

• Like 4