Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How is it fair to change a rule midway through a season? 

They haven't, they've changed the interpretation. Like they have done with handball. 

Don't think it's particularly fair to those who have been on the wrong side of it, but I'd rather they just make the right decision. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think he’s won anything that he wasn’t expecting to win, it’s hard to judge. 
He has a very similar win lose ratio there to Unai Emery, who then massively flopped at Arsenal.

He did get to a champions league final, although his route to the final was possibly the easiest it could be in that high level of competition. - Not playing any teams from England or Spain along the way. 
Time will tell, but I don’t see anything from him that stands out. 

Massively agree here. Tuchels credentials are questionable in honesty. Inherited a blinding team at BVB and in fairness won the cup but didn’t manage to mount a challenge in the league. All honours at PSG are essentially worthless, with the exception of the CL final which as mentioned was a very easy route. Still you have to beat who is in front of you so it would be wrong to totally dismiss him. His wiki page says “Tuchel's coaching career has also been characterized by his fractious relationships with his employers”.... I give him 12 months if this is the case

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How is it fair to change a rule midway through a season? 

They pretty much change the interpretations to suit on a week by week basis, at least they've anounced this one before the games where as you can intentionally handball if the ball is going to hit your face, which seems to have been made up after the De bruyne incident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

*facepalm*

Let's get this right. Rodri was only in an offside position had Manchester City been on the attack and he received the ball from one of his own players. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Rodri was running back and Mings after touching the ball was unable to control it, Rodri nipped in quite rightly and the rest is history. You can't blame Rodri or Man City for Mings's clumsiness.

It really is that simple and why folk, not just on these boards, but across football can't understand the situation I find quite mystifying.

On 25.1.2021 at 17:32, Corky said:

Enjoying the shock that a club who routinely sack managers have routinely sacked a manager. Only this time it would be different because it's Frank and he's a legend and they deserve time etc. Only change this time is that he's not been sacked after winning a trophy.

I don't think they ever really wanted him but it suited to go through the transfer ban and losing Hazard.

Going against the flow...

Funny Thing is I reckon, they had something special in Lampard, and the fans ,would have shown patience, & given him next season.

I believe Mr Russki, has spent too much time on hire & fire.....hes misread the bigger picture...

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think he’s won anything that he wasn’t expecting to win, it’s hard to judge. 
He has a very similar win lose ratio there to Unai Emery, who then massively flopped at Arsenal.

He did get to a champions league final, although his route to the final was possibly the easiest it could be in that high level of competition. - Not playing any teams from England or Spain along the way. 
Time will tell, but I don’t see anything from him that stands out. 

Did Emery massively flop? Finished 5th and got to a Europa league final. I know he was losing it towards the end at Arsenal but when you consider where they are with Arteta I don’t think he did. 

31 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Let's get this right. Rodri was only in an offside position had Manchester City been on the attack and he received the ball from one of his own players. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Rodri was running back and Mings after touching the ball was unable to control it, Rodri nipped in quite rightly and the rest is history. You can't blame Rodri or Man City for Mings's clumsiness.

It really is that simple and why folk, not just on these boards, but across football can't understand the situation I find quite mystifying.

1. I've never blamed Rodri nor Man City.

2. If that's the case, why would it now be ruled out less than a week later?

3. Once again just shows a lack of consistancy from one week to the next with officiating, I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with, so it's ok for Man City to score like that, but when WBA score like it this weekend, it'll now be ruled out:dunno:

The problem is they keep changing the laws of the game apparently to make them clearer but it seems like every time they make a change it ends up being more subjective and confusing.

The core of the Laws had been developed and modified over a 100 years, yet now they change them every year, it's like they've set up a panel to scrutinise them and they feel like they must change them to justify their existence and fees. Then on top of that you have different Federations coming up with their own interpretations.

It's madness.