Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not quite sure where you're coming from on this. Its a football opinion that places Chilwell well down the pecking order when making a comparison with our current fullbacks. I don't think anyone is trying to trash him or put him down. I believe we have rapidly moved on to another level since Chilwell left but that doesnt mean I bear any animosity towards him (as said previously). Perhaps he'll flourish under Tuchel. I wish him all the best. 

Chilwell is better than Thomas.  The gap is closing rapidly.  Chilwell was the third best full back on the pitch when we played Chelsea.  Reece James gifted us a goal.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Chilwell is better than Thomas.  The gap is closing rapidly.  Chilwell was the third best full back on the pitch when we played Chelsea.  Reece James gifted us a goal.

It's been said that Luke Thomas is showing greater potential and faster progress than did Ben Chilwell at that age. Who is more value to the club right now, 19 year-old Thomas or 24 year-old Chilwell? 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Uncle Harry and Cousin Jamie are working overtime defending their nephew/cousin 

Inclined to agree that PSG expect titles as a base so it's hard to read into his haul as a barometer of quality but history suggests you must have some credentials to get the job there in the first place, you don't waltz into it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's been said that Luke Thomas is showing greater potential and faster progress than did Ben Chilwell at that age. Who is more value to the club right now, 19 year-old Thomas or 24 year-old Chilwell? 

Chilwell was more valuable as we got £50m for him. 

Thomas has potential and at the moment seems to have a better attitude. Hopefully he’ll fulfil his promise and be a great player for us. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Fantastic article by Martin Samuel in the Mail about the European Super League. Is he a closet Foxes Fan??

There’s a separate thread about this - great read for all fans. “Go, Leicester, go!” as he says repeatedly.

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Fantastic article by Martin Samuel in the Mail about the European Super League. Is he a closet Foxes Fan??

Read it earlier and it is spot on and pretty much backs up what many of us have thought for a while. The "big clubs" absolutely hate us crashing the party and want the "big 6" to be the top 6. The owners at Man U and Liverpool are desperate to either form a breakaway league or for the "big 6" to have complete power. I'm sick to death of their entitled attitude and them being so dismissive of 'smaller teams'. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sampson said:

He wasn't here for a single season, he was just here to see out the final 4 or 5 games of the season and make sure we didn't get relegated after Rob Kelly was sacked. Which to be fair, we weren't.

He was only ever a caretaker here

I had completely forgotten Rob Kelly existed.  

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Standard West Ham signing. Singnibg crap players on huge wages from bigger clubs. Carroll, Wilshere, Lingard etc.  Guaranteed they will sign him permanently in the summer. 

He'll play just well enough for it to look like a good deal then as soon as it's made permanent, his form will absolutely tank.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

It all went south for chilly as he became more successful. He got vertigo. He lost the willingness to run forward.  Maybe as an england squad player he didnt want to make a mistake..  so he controlled the ball and then pondered what to do before passing backwards.   Just what southgate wanted.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

We have got three full backs that are better than Chilwell and a fourth with the potential to be.   I think that when we say this it is more a case of having a laugh at Chelsea's expense rather than Chilwell's and also to promote our club's transfer achievements.  We have sold a full back and bought in two of better quality for Half the price.  Isn't that something worth smiling about?  You would have to be a saint not to poke Chelsea fans with that particular stick.  

Personally I have no feeling whatsoever for Cjhilwell, he's a Chelsea player, but plenty trashed him when he was here not just because he left us.  He had good spells for us but also bad spells, particularly 2020 when I suspect that he was mentally already playing for Chelsea.

The original comment was that we have four left backs that are ‘ahead’ of chilwell. Which was false yesterday and is still false today. We subjectively have two that are and in my opinion we have one (JJ) as Castagne I believe plays better on the right, Ricardo has only ever played on the left for Nice and Thomas although looking promising is still way off the level of the rest.

Whatever you say selling Chilly for that money with what we have now was good work.Check back on my posts Chilwell and Maguire for that matter were popular because they were easy on the eye ran forward with the ball looked good.I have yet to see a run with the ball that beats a quick 30 yard pass.Both were and still are safety first sideways england style players but decent .We have now exciting direct confident group who know how to score and win Im happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

The original comment was that we have four left backs that are ‘ahead’ of chilwell. Which was false yesterday and is still false today. We subjectively have two that are and in my opinion we have one (JJ) as Castagne I believe plays better on the right, Ricardo has only ever played on the left for Nice and Thomas although looking promising is still way off the level of the rest.

No, the post you replied to and that I quoted didn't say anything about having four fullbacks better than Chilwell.  A previous post said 'probably' and I agree, that Thomas is not yet at Chilwell's ;level but I think he will get there.

It's all opinions though, I think we have three fullbacks that are better than Chilwell, you don't have to agree but it's irrelevant really as my post was addressing the fact that you are calling out fans for trashing Chilwell for leaving.  I am saying that those fans trashed him when he was here and the rest of us are simply mocking Chelsea's recruitment in comparison to ours.

Edited by murphy

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

NO, the post you replied to and that I quoted didn't say anything about having four fullbacks better than Chilwell.  A previous post said 'probably' and I agree, that Thomasis not yet at Chilwell's ;level but I think he will get there.

It's all opinions though, I think we have three fuullbacks that are better than Chilwell, you don't have to agree but it's irrelevant really as my post was addressing the fact that you are calling out fans for trashing Chilwell for leaving.  I am saying that those fans trashed him when he was here and the rest of us are simply mocking Chelsea's recruitment in comparison to ours.

I apologise if I miss quoted what you said. It was a while ago when I was first discussing and may well have misremembered who said who. Ultimately it's all subjective opinions and the wonderful thing about football for me is how differently it can be interpreted by different people. That being said I do feel as a fan base we seem to act particularly badly towards ex players who have moved on (not a dig at you but a more general point). I can understand Mahrez being disliked but I have no problem with players like Chilwell who moved on in the right way and wish them well. 

I heard Harry Redknapp saying how can you tell if Tuchel is a top class manager  on his spell at PSG as  it’s a given they win the French league.

Harsh or fair comment ?

Yes they ought to win it but he did get  to the Champions league final and was decent at Dortmund.

Edited by Super_horns

Just now, Super_horns said:

I heard Harry Redknapp saying how can you tell if Tuchel is a top class manager  on his spell at PSG as  it’s a given they win the French league.

Harsh or fair comment ?

Yes they ought to win it but he did get  to the Champions league final and was decent at Dortmund.

I mean it's better than two mid table finishes at Derby isn't it?  Also got PSG to the CL final and did good work with Mainz/  Managed Fuchs and Shinzi along the way too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Harsh or fair comment ?

harry is just upset about his nephew getting the tin tac ……..

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Harsh or fair comment ?

I don’t think he’s won anything that he wasn’t expecting to win, it’s hard to judge. 
He has a very similar win lose ratio there to Unai Emery, who then massively flopped at Arsenal.

He did get to a champions league final, although his route to the final was possibly the easiest it could be in that high level of competition. - Not playing any teams from England or Spain along the way. 
Time will tell, but I don’t see anything from him that stands out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Yes that is true .

Probably not the best person to ask but guess he gives them something different in terms of a quote.

That's pretty much his career now Rent a Quote and 'Celebrity' Guest