Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Lampard was always going to be the sacrificial lamb at Chelsea while they bedded in all those new young/foreign players. He was let go because they had to freshen up the changing room. Imagine there's only so long you can keep a manager with a club on downhill slide before the players stop listening. Tuchel has an opportunity and look forward to seeing how good a manager he is. Lampard will succeed if he wants it bad enough. Just has to stick with it.

Edited by SO1

I think that might be Frank finished in management now.  It looked pretty clear that he got into management to one day manage Chelsea.  That's happened now, a bit too soon in my opinion.

He is a very wealthy man, settled family life after a quite brilliant career.  It feels like he'll have to start again if he wants to succeed as a manager.  The sensible thing would be for him to go as a number 2 somewhere for a few years.  Frank Lampard the player has gone, if he wants to be known as Frank Lampard the manager he is going to have to work for it.  I'm not sure the desire is there.  Far more likely to become a pundit.

37 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I'm disappointed for Frank. I think he did a very good job but they just didn't give him time to blend the new players with the core of youngsters he has.

How many times though does a great club player, go back to manage the club, and then get sacked? I can think of Souness & Dalglish @Liverpool, Shearer @Newcastle, Henry @Monaco, Lampard now @Chelsea

Hoping the same doesn't happen to Vardy @Leicester in say 2028. 

Cambiasso when Brendan leaves us in 15 year's time

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have done lol

r/chelseafc - Club Statement(s) when we have sacked managers under Roman Abramovich.

530 words for Sarri,  16 for Mourinho. 3 league titles and they still hate him. 

Guest seanfox778
54 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mourinho, Sarri, Lampard and who?

Was Hiddink interim boss when we won the league? We had them last game of the season and then Conte arrived in the summer. 

Edited by seanfox778

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is that true? which games

I can only think of Lampard and Mourinho. Conte i think left Pre Season. Sarri, if i remember right, wasnt sacked but left for Juve. 

Think Hiddink took over from Mourinho who left end of the season. Not sure if i'm missing anyone

Edited by kingcarr21

This was Chelsea's plan, right? They needed a free roll of the dice on a stop-gap manager who the fans would accept while they had a ban on transfers and their owner couldn't get into the country. So you hire an icon of the club to buy time. If he does well then great (like OSG at ManU) but if not he gets cut lose. When was the last time Chelsea hired a manager from the Championship??? Let alone a manager who's just started and not proven (other to fail in getting Derby up). They don't. It was always just politics. Last season Lampard had no pressure. The media loved to run with the fantasy narrative he was having to play youth and after losing Hazard couldn't spend in the transfer market. Ignoring the fact a lot of his squad won the league only a few seasons before. And the fact is if we hadn't nosedived post lockdown they wouldn't have made the CL. 

I don't really care about Lampard but if he's serious about management there's still plenty of opportunity to find a club to prove himself at. Pay his dues, properly learn the job and build a career. If he becomes successful that way Chelsea will come calling again. The fans will love the redemption story. If he walks then we know why he failed at Chelsea. He wasn't serious about it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I think that might be Frank finished in management now.  It looked pretty clear that he got into management to one day manage Chelsea.  That's happened now, a bit too soon in my opinion.

He is a very wealthy man, settled family life after a quite brilliant career.  It feels like he'll have to start again if he wants to succeed as a manager.  The sensible thing would be for him to go as a number 2 somewhere for a few years.  Frank Lampard the player has gone, if he wants to be known as Frank Lampard the manager he is going to have to work for it.  I'm not sure the desire is there.  Far more likely to become a pundit.

Gary Neville 2.0