Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Southampton's form has fallen off a bit hasn't it? Hadn't really been paying attention but as it stands they are 11th. Doesn't seem five minutes since they were top.

That could be us too... things are very tight.

Need to win tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Southampton's form has fallen off a bit hasn't it? Hadn't really been paying attention but as it stands they are 11th. Doesn't seem five minutes since they were top.

Not surprised. The main reason they were flying was the incredible finishing from Ings and Ward-Prowse. Since the former got injured, they lost momentum

and neither player has been in that kind of form recently. 

Let’s hope Man U and Everton go the same way as they have been the two other sides in the top half whose positions are far better than their expected goals. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the West Brom chairman pull the trigger again. They’re only 6 points behind Brighton and free falling Newcastle just ahead. 

There’s still a chance for someone to sort this mess out 

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon West Brom should've stuck with Bilic, as at least he would've made them more competitive..

Imo a team brings in Alladyce for one reason, to make them more solid and harder to beat. If anything WBA has become easier to beat since he arrived, shipping goals every week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Imo a team brings in Alladyce for one reason, to make them more solid and harder to beat. If anything WBA has become easier to beat since he arrived, shipping goals every week.

It’s the same as Bruce. His “tactics” are outdated and quality has moved on enough to break it down. 

16 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Yes, I remember just before we played them, Saints fans were saying that they were now at the same level as us.

No Southampton, you've just had a good start and all good things must come to an end.  We haven't been out of the top 5 positions for 18 months. 

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Shame really, Out of all of the teams in the league that I wouldn't mind upsetting the apple cart they are the one I don't mind. (Other than us of course)

Well preferable to West Ham I suppose,but lots of different teams having good runs and then falling back is good for us rather than teams staying the course.

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because the caveat used for another offside scenario could be interpreted that way.

They’ve now closed that loop hole because it was a farce, people were miffed because no matter what the laws said it’s not right. Hence the change.

Well this has been the case since time in memorial and just because some folk are bleating about now doesn't mean the change is right. And all because an England international didn't control the ball properly, absolutely crazy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes, I remember just before we played them, Saints fans were saying that they were now at the same level as us.

No Southampton, you've just had a good start and all good things must come to an end.  We haven't been out of the top 5 positions for 18 months. 

Their lack of depth is to blame, past number of games has proven that.

Ings was injured, came back, then got Covid. Tonight they were missing their first choice full-backs, having the likes of Yan Valery as back up won’t help matters, we’ve seen first hand how shit he can be lol. Vestergaard and Romeu have also been missing for recent games.

When everyone is fit, they are no doubt a very good side, who play a good brand of football. Teams like ourselves, West Ham, Everton and Villa have better depth though, Southampton’s lack of depth could easily cost them a European challenge.

55 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Shame really, Out of all of the teams in the league that I wouldn't mind upsetting the apple cart they are the one I don't mind. (Other than us of course)

Yes agree..

Gutting to see the Arse improving!!

I can't help hating the traditional Big 6!!!

• Like 3

I am looking for the full match from our game v Brentford, just wondering if anyone knows where it is possible to view / links online for example? I live abroad can't use the regular BT channels for the game. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

*Not sure where this should go please move if needed. 

Thank you,

26 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I am looking for the full match from our game v Brentford, just wondering if anyone knows where it is possible to view / links online for example? I live abroad can't use the regular BT channels for the game. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

*Not sure where this should go please move if needed. 

Thank you,

Depends where you are abroad. Here in Australia its still available on Kayo Sports.

6 hours ago, murphy said:

They’ve had a lot of injuries.

6 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Well this has been the case since time in memorial and just because some folk are bleating about now doesn't mean the change is right. And all because an England international didn't control the ball properly, absolutely crazy.

Except it’s not been this since time memorial, it’s changed multiple times. They are always adding to the laws or changing interpretations.

There are numerous laws, interpretations and caveats that rule someone offside, even if the defender gets to the ball first and plays it. So this notion that “Defender played ball, player can’t be offside” is wrong.

15 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Who benefited?

Who might benefit next time?

There's your answer.  :P

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

How is it fair to change a rule midway through a season? 

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

@Finnegan is gonna be livid!

Common sense prevails

16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

*facepalm*

So which team is going to be livid when as a consequence of this rule change interpretation they get screwed over by a situation that no one had envisaged happening .....and everyone then shouts ‘how is that offside’ !!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So which team is going to be livid when as a consequence of this rule change interpretation they get screwed over by a situation that no one had envisaged happening .....and everyone then shouts ‘how is that offside’ !!!!!!!!

I'll be surprised if any team.

• Like 1