Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

1. I've never blamed Rodri nor Man City.

2. If that's the case, why would it now be ruled out less than a week later?

3. Once again just shows a lack of consistancy from one week to the next with officiating, I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with, so it's ok for Man City to score like that, but when WBA score like it this weekend, it'll now be ruled out:dunno:

Whether the rules have been changed now, tomorrow or at the end of the season the FACT remains that when the "incident" happened Rodri did nothing wrong. That's all I'm pointing out, therefore the goal was good. It has nothing to do with being a big club or not.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

There's a difference between not understanding why the goal was allowed and understanding why it was allowed but still questioning why a big 6 club has benefitted from yet another refereeing error, decision, interpretation of the rule.. whatever you want to call it.

There was no refereeing error nor a mis-interpretation of the rules. As the rules stood at the time on that day the goal was good. It would have been an injustice had it been ruled out.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You do realise they’ve changed the guidance because the laws that technically played him onside, were meant for something else. They’ve closed the loop hole, it’s now offside. 

I appreciate the "guidance" may have changed but there was no need to do so. There was no loophole to close. Had Mings not touched/played the ball then Rodri would have been flagged offside.

Tinkering with the laws of the game is so unnecessary and just confuses a simple situation.

You could, quite rightly, argued that it was possible "ungentlemanly" conduct but the game is no longer player by gentlemen.

Edited by David Hankey

21 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Whether the rules have been changed now, tomorrow or at the end of the season the FACT remains that when the "incident" happened Rodri did nothing wrong. That's all I'm pointing out, therefore the goal was good. It has nothing to do with being a big club or not.

Correct, but that doesn't sit right with me, they just change the rules as they go along to protect themselves. That's all this 'interpretation of the rules' is about, protecting themselves week after week.

29 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

West Ham above Spuds, Chelski and Arsethumb. Luving it!

Liverpool and West Ham play each other at the weekend, too.

If Liverpool lose to Spurs on Thursday (quite possible) it becomes an even more massive game.

Marvellous.