Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Is it me or did Sian Massey do the right thing there? 

Delay the flag, wait til a move finishes/goal happens then put flag up, let VAR check it?

Commentators made it sound like she was at fault?

Sian is infallible.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Delay the flag, wait til a move finishes/goal happens then put flag up, let VAR check it?

She put the flag up early, the play hadn't ended when she raised it. That's why the defense stopped.

I'm watching the Arse/Saints game as it is fairly even and I had no expectations of a shock in the Man City game.

Plus, I enjoy hearing Martin Keown calling the Southampton manager "Housenhurtle"  lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

She flagged before the goal. Canelo scored the kind 'I'm off side, no pressure ' wonder goals you see every now and again... only thus eventually counted!  😄

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

She put the flag up early, the play hadn't ended when she raised it. That's why the defense stopped.

Just now, FOXSE said:

She flagged before the goal. Canelo scored the kind 'I'm off side, no pressure ' wonder goals you see every now and again... only thus eventually counted!  😄

Looked to me on the replay she put the flag up after the goal had been scored?

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I appreciate the "guidance" may have changed but there was no need to do so. There was no loophole to close. Had Mings not touched/played the ball then Rodri would have been flagged offside.

Tinkering with the laws of the game is so unnecessary and just confuses a simple situation.

You could, quite rightly, argued that it was possible "ungentlemanly" conduct but the game is no longer player by gentlemen.

Well the law makers disagree with you.