Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The media narrative will now turn to "why don't they like Bruce?" because they've played well for the first time in ten games, ignoring precisely the reason why fans are so annoyed- they can play like this because they haven't got a bad team but rarely ever do.

Everton were just awful.

That’s more like it! :) 

Big difference today with actual pressing. Got to keep going like that now, or as Corky says, it’s just continued frustration that they can do it but haven’t shown it! 

It’s the thought of all the Newcastle fans fuming that their team keeps winning random games keeping them out of relegation trouble meaning Bruce stays that’s makes me giggle! :D

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Worst time to play football is early Saturday's in the UK, gives the lower team a chance. Can't pinpoint why... any suggestions?

It’s the early start from what the experts reckon. The body clock is used to playing later, waking up later etc. But with the 12:30 slot they have to do everything at least 2 and a half hours earlier.

• Like 1

The one thing I’ve thought in the last two games I’ve seen Everton is how ordinary they look. It’s really frustrating that we didn’t score first against them as, if we had, I think we comfortably win the game. I don’t, however, think they’re serious contenders for a top four spot.

In a way I was hoping that Newcastle would go down and we’d make a bid for Wilson. Both him and Watkins look like players who might have been able to support Vardy. The more we miss out on these sort of players the more nervous we get about the succession plan. 

Is Edouard a serious option? I’ve not seen enough of him to know - but I’m hoping that the vaunted Rodgers/Congerton/Rudkin transfer committee have drawn up a good shortlist 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It’s the early start from what the experts reckon. The body clock is used to playing later, waking up later etc. But with the 12:30 slot they have to do everything at least 2 and a half hours earlier.

But how does that help the lower teams, especially in Newcastle’s case as they were the away team?

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

The one thing I’ve thought in the last two games I’ve seen Everton is how ordinary they look. It’s really frustrating that we didn’t score first against them as, if we had, I think we comfortably win the game. I don’t, however, think they’re serious contenders for a top four spot.

In a way I was hoping that Newcastle would go down and we’d make a bid for Wilson. Both him and Watkins look like players who might have been able to support Vardy. The more we miss out on these sort of players the more nervous we get about the succession plan. 

Wow, your opinion of us is very low if you don’t think we can get any player from Newcastle no matter what division they’re in...

1 minute ago, Phube said:

But how does that help the lower teams, especially in Newcastle’s case as they were the away team?

Everton fancy dans don’t like it. Newcastle Bruce Brexit ball can adapt to rough conditions

1 minute ago, Phube said:

Wow, your opinion of us is very low if you don’t think we can get any player from Newcastle no matter what division they’re in...

I didn’t say we couldn’t - but the bargaining position is very different if Newcastle have dropped 

Fantastic result for us that. Everton have a tough February coming up, playing Leeds, United, Spurs, Fulham and Liverpool, can see them dropping plenty more points in the coming weeks.

Can't see the Blades winning later, but you never know.

Villa vs. Southampton, think I'd prefer a Southampton win or a draw.

A win tomorrow for us and we've got a decent gap to 7th, even if the teams down there do have games in hand.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fantastic result for us that. Everton have a tough February coming up, playing Leeds, United, Spurs, Fulham and Liverpool, can see them dropping plenty more points in the coming weeks.

Can't see the Blades winning later, but you never know.

Villa vs. Southampton, think I'd prefer a Southampton win or a draw.

A win tomorrow for us and we've got a decent gap to 7th, even if the teams down there do have games in hand.

Thing is, even if Everton lose a few of these and drop down a bit, they can still, on their day, upset one or two of our rivals near the top.

I know I'm biased (probably because there's nothing else going on) but this is a bloody great league to watch.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He said at the time that he had offers from the big six (rumoured to be spurs) but he didn’t want to go anywhere where he wasn’t the main man.

You absolutley can not fault him for that. For all the talk the media do about winning trophies, I'd rather be playing every week with no medal than sat on a bench with no game time holding a medal at the end of the season 

• Like 1