Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I know we laugh at Liverpool and how the media loved talking about their injuries but they are royally ****ed in central defence and I hope we take advantage. They also effectively lose Henderson in central midfield.

It would be like us having to play two of Morgan, Daniel A and Ndidi in central defence between now and the end of the season. Thats not a slight on them, they just arent Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana and we'd lose Ndidi in central mid.

They have coped reasonably well with the defence injuries, not sure its the reason why they're struggling to beat teams at home. Its more their midfield, and like you say they are probably missing the drive from Henderson in midfield but I also think they are missing a De Bruyne, Fernades or even a Maddison type player. I don't know if they would pay the ridiculous fee but they might be in for Grealish in the summer. 

We somehow always let them play with the pace and intensity that make them so good. 

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know we laugh at Liverpool and how the media loved talking about their injuries but they are royally ****ed in central defence and I hope we take advantage when we play them. They also effectively lose Henderson in central midfield.

It would be like us having to play two of Morgan, Daniel A and Ndidi in central defence between now and the end of the season. Thats not a slight on them, they just arent Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana and we'd lose Ndidi in central mid.

They’ve just bought two CB’s in

for our game I reckon Fabinho is back to go with one of those which frees Henderson up in midfield. That makes a massive difference to them as you noted 

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

West Ham's Czech footballers have been wonders this season, maybe we should look at some East Europeans such strong solid understated players.

Adam Hlozek is the ONE!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just read West Ham looking to sign him up in the Summer

Ughhhh. We'll struggle to get in there ahead of them, bit like us with the Belgian/Turks

24 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Didn't watch the west ham game so can't comment on lingard's overall performance but his goals at least had a decent slice of fortune ending up in the net. Feel like if that's Kasper they both stay out.

He was everywhere to be fair. But to me that's just a standard debut performance, you should give your all and leave nothing out there. Now it's all about how he can maintain that if he's going to be a success there. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He looks a good player. The kind that leaves west ham for the next bracket up. 

I think thats west ham plan-hate to say it but their being sensible. he has a inter milan ac milan type written all over him

On 03/02/2021 at 09:01, what? said:

They should consider VAR a different job from the rest of the officiating positions and stop just rotating the existing refs there. It just creates a closed shop culture where they are encouraged to look after their colleagues. Train a bunch of people whose sole responsibility is VAR, have them do only that, and make them distinct from the other refs. It should be like an independent ombudsmen, not another arm of the refereeing team. 

agree with this to.

Can I add Brighton played very well last night

But a warning their wage bill is sky high very high its a absolute must they stay in the division otherwise their in for a Bournemouth style first sale come the end of the season

Brighton would be wise to cash in on bissouma,white and lampety inside 48 months that would help

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twister said:

I think thats west ham plan-hate to say it but their being sensible. he has a inter milan ac milan type written all over him

agree with this to.

I'm hoping it's more of a one was bound to stick eventually thing rather than them getting their act together lol

How is VAR actually operating currently? Like with matches they are selecting ref/officials that live locally, that's why we've had Sian so much recently as she lives in Cov.

So is VAR from Stockley park? Or are they doing it from some sort of regional hub/tv studios?

Just wondering if not having the usual set up is having any affect. (not that i want to find excuses for them)

1 minute ago, twister said:

But a warning their wage bill is sky high very high its a absolute must they stay in the division otherwise their in for a Bournemouth style first sale come the end of the season

Brighton would be wise to cash in on bissouma,white and lampety inside 48 months that would help

They played really well. Mcmanaman kept trying to say they played like burnley and just had big men sat deep lumping out to nowhere. I thought they showed quite abit of desire to win the game, not going looking for 0-0 with potential to knick it. 

2 minutes ago, twister said:

Not sure you're 100% right there. Dunk is their highest paid on 60k and not much else around him. Most are on 30k.

They also have about 10 players out on loan who are close to first team squad quality, they've adopted a bit of a Brentford model where everyone has a sale price and already has a replacement in waiting.

Dan Ashworth has gone in there and done some good stuff since bringing Potter in. 

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

How is VAR actually operating currently? Like with matches they are selecting ref/officials that live locally, that's why we've had Sian so much recently as she lives in Cov.

So is VAR from Stockley park? Or are they doing it from some sort of regional hub/tv studios?

Just wondering if not having the usual set up is having any affect. (not that i want to find excuses for them)

Still Stockley Park I think. 

I know Man City are absolutely bossing it now but surely some context required? 

They've just gone through January, handily aided by the break they were able to afford their players due to COVID, playing several bottom half sides - only Villa and Chelsea (the latter who haven't beaten a top 6 side all season anyway) the anomalies since start of January. Even in December it was only Southampton and Utd they played who could have challenged properly. 

Their next league games:

Liverpool away 

Spurs home 

Arsenal away 

West Ham home

Man Utd home (start of March) 

Plus a CL tie with Gladbach and Swansea away in FA Cup (they should win). 

I can't see them winning all of those so maybe they won't pull away as many might expect... 

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure you're 100% right there. Dunk is their highest paid on 60k and not much else around him. Most are on 30k.

They also have about 10 players out on loan who are close to first team squad quality, they've adopted a bit of a Brentford model where everyone has a sale price and already has a replacement in waiting.

Dan Ashworth has gone in there and done some good stuff since bringing Potter in. 

Isn't Lallana on something crazy? But yeah, not sure their wage bill is that high otherwise.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know Man City are absolutely bossing it now but surely some context required? 

They've just gone through January, handily aided by the break they were able to afford their players due to COVID, playing several bottom half sides - only Villa and Chelsea (the latter who haven't beaten a top 6 side all season anyway) the anomalies since start of January. Even in December it was only Southampton and Utd they played who could have challenged properly. 

Their next league games:

Liverpool away 

Spurs home 

Arsenal away 

West Ham home

Man Utd home (start of March) 

Plus a CL tie with Gladbach and Swansea away in FA Cup (they should win). 

I can't see them winning all of those so maybe they won't pull away as many might expect... 

Tough games for Manchester City they will drop some points hopefully we can capitalize. 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Michael Cox can sometimes come across as a smug cvnt but he's completely right here. 

Doesn't that already happen in an underhand way?

Hmm - Open to abuse and big club pressure.

"Premier League clubs are unable to officially request that certain referees do not take charge of their games but it is understood that Professional Game Match Officials Limited will consider a number of factors when making match appointments". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55922560