Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He hasn't featured since the 55/60th minute of the first game. Really hasn't set a good impression so far

Without watching him closely at all I thought he was having a decent season under Lampard.

New manager, new ideas and he’s out of the side, time will tell if he has a long term future under the new manager.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I have nothing against the lad but it's obvious how massively over rated he was here considering if he was still here he'd be our 4th best full back. 

Soon as anyone young (maguire an expection) english player makes the England team they are over rated and there prices rockets

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I have nothing against the lad but it's obvious how massively over rated he was here considering if he was still here he'd be our 4th best full back. 

JJ is better by a Country mile!..

Honestly, there's no comparison.

£55,000,000 😂😂😂😂.. 

We've absolutely shafted them!!

I love the persevering with Werner.  lol  Wonder how long Tuchel will persist with him. 

Giroud has to wonder about favourites. 

On current form, Chilwell would be better up front than Werner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He hasn't featured since the 55/60th minute of the first game. Really hasn't set a good impression so far

Maybe it’s just coincidence but he missed 2 chances v Wolves which the new manager wasn’t happy about .

Then his replacement goes and scores a goal and is highly praised as an excellent wing back etc .

Tuchel even said Alonso was a key part in the 3-5-2 they played under Conte in their title season.

So probably done some homework on them as any good manager does .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I love the persevering with Werner.  lol  Wonder how long Tuchel will persist with him. 

Giroud has to wonder about favourites. 

On current form, Chilwell would be better up front than Werner.

Id swap for Perez or Nacho anyday (salaries equal)

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Yeah I meant people from the outside, this forum was like a chillwell protest forum most weeks. Didn't warrant all the stick he got but he was well off the pace for large chunks of the season and we've had their pants down for 65m.

I think it was more like £45m with add-ons but doesn't alter the fact it was very good business for us and allowed the emergence of a star full-back. From what I remember, the anti-Chilwell stuff only really ramped up when it was clear his mind was at another club. 

Whatever, nowt to do with us anymore. 

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I see that Chilwell hasn't tweeted since his ill advised cringe worthy luv for Lampard post last week, seems Tuchel  see's Chilwell as Lampards player, that's why he's not picked again.

The comments in that tweet are particularly n derogatory towards him. 

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Chilwell not starting for Chelsea again

Finally been found out like alot of us knew he would. Said it at the time when we sold him that we had Chelsea‘s pants down getting the amount we did.  He is so far off being a top full back its hilarious. Cant defend, cross, soft as shite and was the clear weak link in our team. James Justin is twice the player he is and hes not even a natural Lb 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Without watching him closely at all I thought he was having a decent season under Lampard.

New manager, new ideas and he’s out of the side, time will tell if he has a long term future under the new manager.

He appeared to be, even with a few off games recently and classic chilwell tendencies we had. 

Just now, Super_horns said:

Maybe it’s just coincidence but he missed 2 chances v Wolves which the new manager wasn’t happy about .

Then his replacement goes and scores a goal and is highly praised as an excellent wing back etc .

Think this is a big thing, he had a very poor game tbf

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

how can you get it wrong with VAR lol wtf

Exactly, how can be possible to successfully appeal a decision that has been made by VAR ?

The whole point of VAR is supposed to be that they look at the evidence and come up with the correct decision. Shows how bad the officials are who are trying to implement it.

• Like 1

The biggest question in football: who do I want to lose more. Are Tuchel's Chelsea or an Spurs without Kane a bigger threat to a fourth placed finish?

Edited by Foxxed
Apparently it's Spurs playing. Whatever

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Exactly, how can be possible to successfully appeal a decision that has been made by VAR ?

The whole point of VAR is supposed to be that they look at the evidence and come up with the correct decision. Shows how bad the officials are who are trying to implement it.

Basically another set of refs or FA officials looked at it and thought the opposite so as you say makes a mockery of the system and shows how subjective it all is .