Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Michael Cox can sometimes come across as a smug cvnt but he's completely right here. 

To my memory only Liverpool and Everton have been successful in doing this? 

Have Southampton had their wish granted? 

Just now, StanSP said:

To my memory only Liverpool and Everton have been successful in doing this? 

Have Southampton had their wish granted? 

Didn't Spurs do it as well in 15/16 or am I imagining things? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

What do you think of this type of request?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55922560

Personally think it's right that referees should be held to account for their actions.

We all have grievances with referees, we could compile our own list.

But we can't dictate who referees which games, otherwise there'll be none left after every minor complaint is heard.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yeah not sure how I missed that. Kicked up a fuss that Kevin Friend was going to be the ref! 

I think that was the West Brom game that they bottled and drew 1-1 Craig Dawson header!

With Man City looking like pulling away from the rest the title pressure on us will begin to subside. To be competing with the likes of City, Man U and Liverpool is a phenomenal achievement for a club that is dwarfed in size and resources by those giants. If we can avoid the kind of slide we witnessed last season, and signs are we are better equipped this term to do so, we have every chance of finishing in the top 4. In that race we have a jump on the likes of Everton, West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs and Villa and each of those teams is just as likely to lose games from here on in as we are. So far we have bounced back from disappointing home defeats and if this trend continues we'll make it into the Champions League and then we'll be in position to take a huge step forward in our remarkable rise to the top table of English football.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bednarek's red card has been rescinded.

So that means Mike Dean and Graeme Scott got it wrong on the night :dunno:

I feel confident an open and frank apology will shortly be issued by the PGMOL and the referees will learn from this experience.:beer:

Edited by Zear0
typo
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

I know Man City are absolutely bossing it now but surely some context required? 

They've just gone through January, handily aided by the break they were able to afford their players due to COVID, playing several bottom half sides - only Villa and Chelsea (the latter who haven't beaten a top 6 side all season anyway) the anomalies since start of January. Even in December it was only Southampton and Utd they played who could have challenged properly. 

Their next league games:

Liverpool away 

Spurs home 

Arsenal away 

West Ham home

Man Utd home (start of March) 

Plus a CL tie with Gladbach and Swansea away in FA Cup (they should win). 

I can't see them winning all of those so maybe they won't pull away as many might expect... 

Their postponed game against Everton is now on the Wednesday between the Spurs and Arsenal game. Difficult run

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I see that Chilwell hasn't tweeted since his ill advised cringe worthy luv for Lampard post last week, seems Tuchel  see's Chilwell as Lampards player, that's why he's not picked again.

I highly doubt that is why, maybe he just doesn't want a safety first weak minded left back.

• Like 4