Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Draw or Everton win for me. I don't see this United side superior enough to us to think we can't finish above them

The thing for me is that I would rather fight for 3rd/4th with 3 teams than fighting for 2nd to 7th with 6 or 7 teams in the mix. The more teams falling further behind us the better. Finishing 2nd behind Man City versus 4th makes absolutely no difference (other than extra money and a bit of pride).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The thing for me is that I would rather fight for 3rd/4th with 3 teams than fighting for 2nd to 7th with 6 or 7 teams in the mix. The more teams falling further behind us the better. Finishing 2nd behind Man City versus 4th makes absolutely no difference (other than extra money and a bit of pride).

Yeah that's the sensible way of thinking I guess. The *romantacist in me wants to keep any opportunity open of winning the league or pushing the clubs above us right to the wire, however unrealistic that may be 

Happy for Everton to drop points, it will be nice to see some more team start slipping away from European contention.

But it’s always nice to see those teams who are in reach of us drop points. Neither Manchester clubs are well out of our reach and both still have a lot of football to play this season, as do we.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish anywhere in the top 8. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What about fighting it out for 1st? 

• Like 3

I'd rather the teams above us beat the teams from 5-10 tbh. 

I don't personally think it's too early to concede any title race really, I agree with what Lescott was saying the other day. I can't see any of us chasing to have the kind of consistency needed to catch Man City. I think they'll pull away now. 

I would much, much rather have a comfortable stroll in to fourth with none of the late tension, stress and pressure of constantly having to tally up the points of the chasing pack again. 

United to win this for me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd rather the teams above us beat the teams from 5-10 tbh. 

I don't personally think it's too early to concede any title race really, I agree with what Lescott was saying the other day. I can't see any of us chasing to have the kind of consistency needed to catch Man City. I think they'll pull away now. 

I would much, much rather have a comfortable stroll in to fourth with none of the late tension, stress and pressure of constantly having to tally up the points of the chasing pack again. 

United to win this for me. 

The thing is with Man City, they still have somewhere between 21 and 31 games to go this season (depending on cup success).

Obviously the chasing pack do too, but with injuries this season it’s way to early to say one team will pull away. 
We have what 15 or so weeks left this season, whoever keeps most of their starting XI fittest and on the park will win the league this year.