Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It seems amazing to me, watching NBC, that the two studio commentators (Danny Higginbotham and Tim Howard) both immediately stated they believed it was a correct red card.

The match co-commentator, Graeme Le Saux, emphatically stated it was not a red card.

I thought it was incidental contact, embellished badly by the 'victim.'

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

The whole video replay was poorly executed as well.  All it needed was a few seconds leading up to the elbow and it was plainly obvious to all it was accidental.  How Lee Mason misses this is beyond me.

It's Lee Mason, you shouldn't be surprised.

Why do you need to watch that 100 times in slow motion and about three times full speed? 

You can see there is contact on first look, after that you need to decide if it’s an accident or he meant it, you can only do that in full speed and looking at the full situation.

Utterly utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You are missing the point though. He wwe caught in the face with an elbow and it would hurt. He then realised how it was completely accidental and was like woah bald Dean don’t send him off! But it was too late 

This one of my pet hates about modern football. I’m not saying it didn’t hurt a bit but there’s no way there’s enough force to put him on the floor. He’s threw himself down it’s pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

This one of my pet hates about modern football. I’m not saying it didn’t hurt a bit but there’s no way there’s enough force to put him on the floor. He’s threw himself down it’s pathetic.

Mike Deans decision is worse though that’s the point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What has to happen for people to be made accountable and the way things are done to change? How bad does it have to get? 

It has gotten to the point that I think they are being instructed to cause controversy for clicks and ad revenue. 

Surely nobody is this incompetent. Further, surely nobody gets away with being this incompetent.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

The league is totally corrupt.

biggest league in the world money wise, corruption must happen and the refs should be held accountable.

its like all those pens and the massive gap United made up over us. fixed

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It has gotten to the point that I think they are being instructed to cause controversy for clicks and ad revenue. 

Surely nobody is this incompetent. Further, surely nobody gets away with being this incompetent.

Some refs at all levels haven't got a clue about how the game is played, zero grasp of nuance and no imagination. One could extrapolate this to all walks of life, people just make horrific mistakes.

Edited by HighPeakFox