Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

I honestly didn’t realise they had been out of the PL for that long. My Dad passed away on the Thursday before that game and I still feel a little aggrieved we lost although knowing that was the last time they kicked a ball in the top tier is some comfort. 

Puts it in perspective for me. 

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

I honestly didn’t realise they had been out of the PL for that long. My Dad passed away on the Thursday before that game and I still feel a little aggrieved we lost although knowing that was the last time they kicked a ball in the top tier is some comfort. 

I was there for that match. Rubbish game to end another decent season. All the Forest fans beforehand seemed to think they were about to poach O'Neill from us. Not sure why they thought he'd drop down a division.

Sure it was Pontus Kamark's last match for us too, he got a big send off at the full time whistle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I was there for that match. Rubbish game to end another decent season. All the Forest fans beforehand seemed to think they were about to poach O'Neill from us. Not sure why they thought he'd drop down a division.

Sure it was Pontus Kamark's last match for us too, he got a big send off at the full time whistle.

I gather that Knockaert got one of those today. :whistle:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Livid said:

One of my close friends is a Forest fan. He is in his late 30s. Most of his footballing life he has known Forest to be a lower league side. Mental to think a 37 year old man base most of his Forest memories of them being in the 2nd and 3rd tier. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Forest fans wanting Hughton gone and half a new squad in January, having already signed 14 players this season. Everything about them this season screams us when we went down to League 1

They’re in a real mess aren’t they. I can see Derby pulling away at some point. 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

They’re in a real mess aren’t they. I can see Derby pulling away at some point. 

Yeah I think one of them will stay up and my guess would be Derby.

Hughton isn't a bad manager but their squad is shit. Some of their fans seriously can't want him gone already, building takes time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Hughton isn't a bad manager but their squad is shit. Some of their fans seriously can't want him gone already, building takes time.

I’ve heard a forest fan in the past 7 days say, and this is the gods honest, “we’ve got the best squad in the championship I just don’t get it.... we could easily finish mid table prem if we were in it but it just isn’t clicking”

I would love it and I mean LOVE IT if they drop out the champeenee again into Ligue une

• Haha 3

On 13/12/2020 at 12:20, Fox92 said:

This is the thing. I was having this chat with a few forest fans at the start of the season and said their squad was littered with Okish Championship players. Guys who have done ok to well in the championship but failed miserably once they’ve stepped up. They were adamant they had a very strong squad. Realistically, they’ll do well to get most of these players to a playoff position and if they do go up (not this season) with the majority of this squad, they’ll have to buy a whole new team - that never works. 

I tried to explain to them that we got it right when our recruitment was on point. We bought players with one eye on the premier and a large percentage of our squad that went up, kept us up and then went on to win the league. Apparently, we were lucky to go up, stay up and win the league. We’ve been lucky ever since. Apparently we are not rivals with that in depth, non bias review. 

Forest need to restructure their philosophy if they want success - it took us long enough. They’ve had some good managers there. It’s the philosophy and recruitment that is letting them down. 

On 14/12/2020 at 01:38, SystonFox said:

I’ve heard a forest fan in the past 7 days say, and this is the gods honest, “we’ve got the best squad in the championship I just don’t get it.... we could easily finish mid table prem if we were in it but it just isn’t clicking”

I would love it and I mean LOVE IT if they drop out the champeenee again into Ligue une

I hear that a lot from Forest fans as well. Lewis Grabban is a decent goal scorer at that level but I don't see many other standout players in their squad.

Wycombe have a 44% pass accuracy rate tonight against Bournemouth lol I appreciate Bournemouth have far superior players and I appreciate Wycombe have a budget of £2.50 and can of coke, but its kinda pathetic that a professional team in the 2nd tier are struggling so badly to string passes together

Screenshot_20201215-213744_Google.thumb.jpg.2f18e90512e2e152a7f721c9933d79ba.jpg

Edited by Koke

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Weird game .

Could have been 3-0 down at HT.

But in the end might have won but for a wrongly disallowed goal.

First half was the worst I’ve seen you play this season.

Better intensity second half, plus you was robbed.

Why does Ivic start so negative though? Every game I see the fans calling for Big Stipe to start.

19 hours ago, kingfox said:

First half was the worst I’ve seen you play this season.

Better intensity second half, plus you was robbed.

Why does Ivic start so negative though? Every game I see the fans calling for Big Stipe to start.

He always does but we manage to nick results or turn it around like last night.

We really do need to play 2 up front and be more positive.

Goodness knows how we are 3rd!!

Derby beating Swansea sums it up - wouldn’t be shocked if they moved up the league quickly .