Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Previous TWO generations lol

Damn right. Forest were relegated from the Premier League for the last time when I was nine years old, and now I've got white hairs on my head and beard and hair growing on my ears. That's how long it's been since they were actually relevant. 

• Haha 3

Something has felt fishy with that young Spaniard since his name and background appeared.

If this was LCFC and he was keen on buying the club, would fans be wary of this type of individual?

Can't imagine Derby going furthermore downwards..

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

For all we moan about Leicester match by match, it really, really could be worse. Much worse lol

I still don't get football fans laughing over stuff like this. I want Derby to lose every match of course (although never really seen them as a big rival), but there's nothing enjoyable in seeing fans getting ****ed over. Derby's a big club, which I know doesn't make it any worse for their fans, but it's an indictment of English football that big provincial clubs like Derby or Wednesday find themselves in these situations. Opposition fans seeing it as banter is weird. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Something has felt fishy with that young Spaniard since his name and background appeared.

If this was LCFC and he was keen on buying the club, would fans be wary of this type of individual?

Can't imagine Derby going furthermore downwards..

Doubt it. If they promise success than fans want it.

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

For all we moan about Leicester match by match, it really, really could be worse. Much worse lol

Feel like the even worse bit is the fact they've had one of the wealthiest owners in the country in charge for the last however many years and still achieved nothing, not improved facilities, not gone up once (even a brief visit would have been at least an achievement!).

He's just sat and moaned most of the time, spied on ex managers, let his family get involved on the transfer side of things etc. Including his son who is head of technical scouting and recruitment..... despite never doing that job before.

Absolute shit show lol 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Still shocked Keogh won his appeal.

I think the fact that they continue to employ the driver of the vehicle, who fled the scene and left Keogh unconscious in the back, helped the appeal. Particularly as Lawrence was fined 6 weeks wages, whereas Keogh was 'offered' a far reduced contract and then sacked. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I think the fact that they continue to employ the driver of the vehicle, who fled the scene and left Keogh unconscious in the back, helped the appeal. Particularly as Lawrence was fined 6 weeks wages, whereas Keogh was 'offered' a far reduced contract and then sacked. 

That is shitty from the club, think the year out injured probably swayed the reduced contract for that year. Whatever the outcome, both come out looking stupid 

• Like 1

If Derby are deducted points for next season then I can't see them staying up even if they are only deducted six points (will most likely be a minimum of 12). They stayed up this season with a tally that would see them relegated most seasons and would have gone down had it not been for Wednesday's misdemeanours.  

Edited by BenTheFox

It just shows you the sheer spectrum length of proper v poor club ownership (Vichai/Top compared to Mel Morris etc).

There should be big fan protests about this from them really, considering that football can do a lot for the local economy.

Our owners haven't been perfect so I don't think we should moralise. Without promotion we could've been in trouble too.

It does show that not getting promoted and not getting into that TV money is increasing the risk. It'll be 14 years outside the top flight for Derby at least- that is a long time in the current game with the money going around.

I need Barnsley to come up so I can get some closure for that horrific 2-0 loss we had the last time I went to Oakwell.

You know, the one where we all thought Pearson was getting his P45 and Ben Marshall swore at us for strolling across to take a corner when we were two down?

Apart from meeting Andy King's parents, pretty crappy time all round, but still a proper away day.