Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

No chance this is true.

Every chance kasper has heard the news maddison is getting paid more than him and wants a pay rise.

Yep. New 4 year deal incoming

9 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

No chance this is true.

Every chance kasper has heard the news maddison is getting paid more than him and wants a pay rise.

But kasper isn’t worth 70m+ ???    it’s a conundrum given the cost of a top quality keeper.  Look at what Chelsea got for 70m compared to Liverpool ......... and Brendan needs a keeper who is good with his feet ....... (cue all the obvious comments) 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But kasper isn’t worth 70m+ ???    it’s a conundrum given the cost of a top quality keeper.  Look at what Chelsea got for 70m compared to Liverpool ......... and Brendan needs a keeper who is good with his feet ....... (cue all the obvious comments) 

Its not a conundrum - don't give him a new contract at 33. If he wants to go and someone wants him then I'm fine with that. I very much doubt man utd are in for him.

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its not a conundrum - don't give him a new contract at 33. If he wants to go and someone wants him then I'm fine with that. I very much doubt man utd are in for him.

Agreed. It's more than a little far fetched, in Henderson they've already got a better all round goalkeeper and that's not meant as a slight on Schmeichel. 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think it’s a conundrum based on kasper’s status at the club and relationship with Top added to his obvious connection to United.  Add to that you absolutely can’t make a mess of buying a no 1 keeper .......... all those proposing Henderson could be part of a deal - do we know his capabilities with his feet ???  and yes, I know a keeper is supposed to use his hands !!!

• Like 1

If we get Henderson we will have the same issue. We need a keeper who can play with their feet. I'd rather we get a keeper like Martinez should Arsenal keep Leno as their number 1. Kasper is probably the best shot stopper in the league but his footwork let's him down, and to get a keeper who can play with their feet is the only way we improve in that area. 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s a conundrum based on kasper’s status at the club and relationship with Top added to his obvious connection to United.  Add to that you absolutely can’t make a mess of buying a no 1 keeper .......... all those proposing Henderson could be part of a deal - do we know his capabilities with his feet ???  and yes, I know a keeper is supposed to use his hands !!!

If hes so 'loyal' then he won't move will he?

8 minutes ago, shailen said:

If we get Henderson we will have the same issue. We need a keeper who can play with their feet. I'd rather we get a keeper like Martinez should Arsenal keep Leno as their number 1. Kasper is probably the best shot stopper in the league but his footwork let's him down, and to get a keeper who can play with their feet is the only way we improve in that area. 

I don't even think kasper is too bad with his feet. He's made a few mistakes recently but generally I think he is better than most. I've never got the criticisms regarding that part of his game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Lets me ask you something. Hypothetically if you were a 33 year old professional goal keeper and had been playing for say Southampton for 10 years and had built up a deep attachment to the club and its people and Leicester (your dream club and the club you support) came calling would you leave? If you left would it show a lack of loyalty? 

I think this would be the only club that would be interested in taking Schmeichal that he'd be tempted to walk away from his influential status at the club he's been at for 9 years. 

I don't see him leaving, I can see him being our number one keeper for another 5+ years as often happens with keepers that spend the majority of their career as number 1 at a particular club. 

I'd not want him to go, as a shot stopper he is up there with the very best. His distribution is a weakness on occasion and I'd hope that Rodgers can tighten this up or try and create the right decision making on when and when not to try ridiculous passes out from the back.

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't even think kasper is too bad with his feet. He's made a few mistakes recently but generally I think he is better than most. I've never got the criticisms regarding that part of his game.

I do agree with you, but it's one part of his game he can improve on especially given the way we play out from the back. His short distribution is a little too casual and wasteful at times. His long distribution is actually really good in general, but we don't play that way so it's not really an effective weapon for us. Having said that to get that improvement straight away, we will likely have to spend upwards of £60m. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Assuming his dad doesn’t have a problem with it then he’d be there like a shot !! (Whilst he is definitively his own man, I think he would check this out with the old fella given the background ). 

he lives in Cheshire and must be fed up travelling back and forth every day 

my view is that it could be a really bad move for him but because players are Generally ultra confident about their capabilities, he wouldn’t even think about what might go wrong. His agent will be happy enough to take the dough!

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Yep. New 4 year deal incoming

Kasper has zero leverage in asking for a new contract.

He has three years left on his current deal and when that ends he will be four months away from his 37th birthday. 

1 hour ago, Harry5 said:

If true, sell. Use the money to buy Uğurcan Çakır. He could be our keeper for the next decade

I don't believe for a minute Kasper will go to Man Utd for a host of reasons but we've been linked with this lad before and it would be a good opportunity to get him in.

Demiral as well to have a complete Turkish wall. :D