Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Worth the two managerial sackings. 

Apparently they want out of their current stadium as well to play where Sale Rugby are. Which is quite a peculiar decision. 

I was going to say why not share with Salford rugby in that case but apparantly they groundshare with Sale!

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I was going to say why not share with Salford rugby in that case but apparantly they groundshare with Sale!

Yeah Salford RL are potentially getting turfed out. That stadium is in the middle of nowhere. Salford City’s current ground at least not far from things - although it’s quite a residential area 

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Morecambe getting promoted would be incredible. 

Disagree. Had enough of Lancastrian small clubs punching above their weight. From Burnley to Salford. There are too many of them and they all seem to play horrible route one percentage stuff as well. **** them all - Burnley, Rochdale, Oldham, Salford, Bolton, Preston, Barrow. Will admit I've a soft spot for Blackburn Rovers and Rip Macclesfield Town and Bury. In general though, all the north west clubs can get in the bin.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah Salford RL are potentially getting turfed out. That stadium is in the middle of nowhere. Salford City’s current ground at least not far from things - although it’s quite a residential area 

Yeah that ground (AJ Bell) is shocking. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Need Oxford or Charlton to win, and Portsmouth to drop points. I have an irrational dislike for Portsmouth.

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Just the final play off spot to play for today in League 1.

Hopefully Charlton or Oxford sneak in ahead of Portsmouth.

Nice to see some actual final-day drama in addition to yesterday's Championship-relegation fight. Seems to me that in PL & all 3 EFL divisions so far, a lot of things have been tied up either in the last round or the round before that. Championship autos & playoffs, League One Autos and relegation (all 4 sides), League Two relegation all done and dusted before this weekend.

image.png.9ce5261b8a48d3ef83872096cc393b4f.png

Portsmouth vs Accrington
Oxford vs Burton
Charlton vs Hull

Charlton could get in with just a draw if Portsmouth and Oxford lose

Oxford get in with a draw with Portsmouth and Charlton lose
Portsmouth get in with a draw if Oxford & Charlton lose

30 min played 

Oxford 2-0 Burton 

Portsmouth 0-1 Accrington 

Charlton 0-0 Hull

Oxford taking 6th as it stands 

Edited by Koke

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Jeff Stelling banging the drum for Portsmouth being a huge club. Just don't see it.

They've spent less than a decade in the top flight in 60 years.

Historically a lower league club. I don't get why they get this tag of being a Big club, they had a decent 7 year spell in the PL in the mid 2000s but their league finishes were hardly ground-breaking. They finished 8th and 9th, but the other 5 seasons they finished 13th, 16th, 17th, 14th & 20th. Wigan and Bournemouth had similar finishes. And as you said, less than a decade of top flight football in 60 years.

They're a small lower league club who punched far above their weight for a cew years and are now back to where they've been most of their history, which is bouncing between second and third tier.

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

Historically a lower league club. I don't get why they get this tag of being a Big club, they had a decent 7 year spell in the PL in the mid 2000s but their league finishes were hardly ground-breaking. They finished 8th and 9th, but the other 5 seasons they finished 13th, 16th, 17th, 14th & 20th. Wigan and Bournemouth had similar finishes. And as you said, less than a decade of top flight football in 60 years.

They're a small lower league club who punched far above their weight for a cew years and are now back to where they've been most of their history, which is bouncing between second and third tier.

Their supporters are a special breed. 

Never liked them since the play off away leg when Hampshire’s finest kept us back so all the friendly locals could gather outside to sportingly wish us the best at Wembley or did they throw half a brick through the coach window, oh yes it was the coach window. ;)

They can rot in the lower divisions forever as far as I’m concerned. 

On 04/01/2021 at 18:25, oxford blue said:

An astute observation! This was Oxford's 4th consecutive win, unbeaten in 7. (I think their biggest win since putting 6 past at Lincoln, which came immediately after Appleton's appointment as manager) After a dreadful start, now 12th - I think they could make the play-offs now. Elliott Moore is now a key player in defence; he has become more dominant and vocal this season

Well, they did! A straightforward win for Oxford today, but for Oxford fans - and I know many! - thanks to Accrington for beating Pompey (probably an unlikely result, given Accrington's comfortable position). For Oxford, it's Blackpool in play offs; they have only have one point from the 2 games this season.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Jeff Stelling banging the drum for Portsmouth being a huge club. Just don't see it.

They've spent less than a decade in the top flight in 60 years.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Their supporters are a special breed. 

Never liked them since the play off away leg when Hampshire’s finest kept us back so all the friendly locals could gather outside to sportingly wish us the best at Wembley or did they throw half a brick through the coach window, oh yes it was the coach window. ;)

They can rot in the lower divisions forever as far as I’m concerned. 

I think they said its now a decade since they last played in the top 2 divisions. Weird club that somehow have 'big' applied to them without any justification unless you were alive in the 1930's. I had an ex-boss that banged on about them being massive. They're not and he's a twat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oxford 3 up and Pompey losing so looks like Oxford taking the last play off place atm. They started the season so slow as well if I recall.

Am quite surprised that Portsmouth hadn't achieved a play-off place.

Seems like they've struggled a bit under the Cowleys already.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Am quite surprised that Portsmouth hadn't achieved a play-off place.

Seems like they've struggled a bit under the Cowleys already.

Well he only joined in Feb so has only played about 10 games. I think they'll be up there next season. I was more surprised they never achieved promotion under Jackett.

13 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not at all upset for Portsmouth, don't like that club one little bit, proper southern chavs more than a hint of Essex about them mixed with the aggressive sailor dockyard types. Not good.

Couldn’t agree more. They were horrible when we played them at Wembley a couple of years ago. 

22 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Was that the game where one of your players got punched by their fans when getting the ball back?

That was in the play-off semi-final only a few weeks after that game at Wembley. Horrible fans