Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

Surprised Romano has tweeted about this given he is usually quite late on transfers and only confirms news when he is absolutely sure like Percy or Ornstein.

Either that means the deal is a lot further on than it seems, or actually there's a bit of a bidding war emerging. I really can't see how City would make a deal more attractive than a loan + €50m obligation, that's ridiculous money for us.

Can't see him wanting to go to Wolves (Jota, Podence, Traore, Neto) this summer, do Atalanta play with wide players? It all just revolves around whether Barcelona are that desperate for some guaranteed cash or not.

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty disgusting of Barca tbh to be buying the poor kid for 30m in January just to try and sell him for profit without playing him six months later, more than likely always the plan just to try and fund some other 120m purchase. 

And all the while Mendes taking what % of the enormous fees? 

They've fallen a long, long way from Mes Que Un Club, the Catalan institution that used to thrive off nurturing and developing local youth from the ground up in the world's best academy. 

They're just Galacticos Jr these days. 

Didn't they do the same with Yerry Mina? 

The likes of them, Man City and Chelsea have a huge player hoarding problem and I wouldn't be surprised if they're breaking some rules while doing it. The latter two have already been found out.

We are trying to be cheap with the offer of a 2 year loan deal and an obligation to buy for £45 million and there is no way Barcelona will agree to those terms.

What so he has 2 stellar years in the Prem and doubles his value and Barcelona have to see him leave for way below market value? 

We try this bullshit every year and then end up signing someone like Ghezzal last minute.

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

We are trying to be cheap with the offer of a 2 year loan deal and an obligation to buy for £45 million and there is no way Barcelona will agree to those terms.

What so he has 2 stellar years in the Prem and doubles his value and Barcelona have to see him leave for way below market value? 

We try this bullshit every year and then end up signing someone like Ghezzal last minute.

I think you'll see a lot of loan + obligation to buy deal this summer due to the impacts of Covid.

• Like 2

Just now, Ricey said:

I think you'll see a lot of loan + obligation to buy deal this summer due to the impacts of Covid.

I 100% agree with you on that but the terms of the deal are completely stacked against Barcelona if the reports are accurate. They signed him for circa £30 million in January, so why would they agree to a 2 year loan deal where the buy value at the end is only £45 million? The only way I can see that as right is if we are giving them a big loan fee at the start of each season to boost the numbers up. 

If we get him, there’s no way it’s for the current figures being reported. 

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Didn't they do the same with Yerry Mina? 

The likes of them, Man City and Chelsea have a huge player hoarding problem and I wouldn't be surprised if they're breaking some rules while doing it. The latter two have already been found out.

Mina has a great world cup and certainly increased in value very quickly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes, he's very good. Stand out points about him:

- Dribbling. A truly wonderful dribbler, we are talking Mahrez levels, if not slightly better! Not as good a first touch, but a better overall dribbler.

- Good physical attributes. usually these type of players are small and slight with a low centre of gravity. This kid is 6 foot tall and quite broad shouldered, yet can still shift his feet quickly.

- Good decision making. Has a very good picture of the game.

This type of player would easily get straight into the first team. He's got all of the positive points of Barnes and Gray but without the negatives. The downside is that he's a young foreign player coming into a new league, and would need time to adapt. But in terms of quality, he's got it. I think it would be a good move for the player too, he will play every week for us and become a star, and can then head back to Barcelona in a few years time. 

Cheers Strider, really interesting. It's good to see we clearly have a very set criteria for a right winger then - you could replace Trincao for Ferran Torres and all of that would pretty much apply. Love it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I 100% agree with you on that but the terms of the deal are completely stacked against Barcelona if the reports are accurate. They signed him for circa £30 million in January, so why would they agree to a 2 year loan deal where the buy value at the end is only £45 million? The only way I can see that as right is if we are giving them a big loan fee at the start of each season to boost the numbers up. 

It's cooking the books for financial fair play. Barcelona already have a massive history of this, they've done it with Cillensen and with Pjanic / Artur already this season. They do deals to structure the finances hitting their accounts for specific years so they can spend more / less in those years. For example with the Artur deal they had to show their books with revenue positive this season, even though the day after they would be in debt again as the Pjanic deal completed. 

Every club in the world right now is bleeding badly because of Coronavirus. The Barcelona first team agreed to take a pay cut to 20% of their salaries since March began, and they won't put up with that forever. Messi is the highest paid footballer in the world (for good reason), so they are having to make up the shortfall somewhere. They will definitely be looking to shift dead-weight / players that won't impact their first team. 

• Like 2

Cant see this happening for a number of reasons.

It doesnt sound like barca want to sell yet, and only will if they get the money up front (I doubt we're shelling 50m on a 20 year old).

Hes only just arrived at barca and probably wants a chance to prove himself.

A 2 year loan may only appeal if it ends up we pay them a significant loan fee each year which I cant seeus doing.

That said, its good we're looking at players like this - definitely what we need to take us to the next level and no shortage of ambition from the club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I think this is more a way of deferring a £45m purchase. I.E we are offering them a £15m profit but don't want to pay it for 2 years. They might be interested in selling if we pay it up front but i don't see how this deal helps them raise immediate funds. They might let us have him on loan though without an obligation to buy.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

It's cooking the books for financial fair play. Barcelona already have a massive history of this, they've done it with Cillensen and with Pjanic / Artur already this season. They do deals to structure the finances hitting their accounts for specific years so they can spend more / less in those years. For example with the Artur deal they had to show their books with revenue positive this season, even though the day after they would be in debt again as the Pjanic deal completed. 

Every club in the world right now is bleeding badly because of Coronavirus. The Barcelona first team agreed to take a pay cut to 20% of their salaries since March began, and they won't put up with that forever. Messi is the highest paid footballer in the world (for good reason), so they are having to make up the shortfall somewhere. They will definitely be looking to shift dead-weight / players that won't impact their first team. 

That's really the only way we would ever have a shot at a player like this, frankly.  But if bizarre circumstances create rare opportunities, you try and take advantage.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ricey said:

2 year loan with obligation to buy for £45M afterwards. Barca don't really want to sell but may consider it if they can't sell Coutinho and co. Lots of interested clubs.

Sounds to me like this could drag on and there is the likelihood that a bigger club could swoop in #WelcomeAndros

Possibly. I'm not sure which Top 6 or 7 side in the Prem needs a right winger aside from us now though. And we should have more money than most European clubs at the moment.

Maybe Arsenal? Or Everton? I can't see many other sides being able to guarantee him a starting slot right now.

Just now, CloudFox said:

Possibly. I'm not sure which Top 6 or 7 side in the Prem needs a right winger aside from us now though. And we should have more money than most European clubs at the moment.

Maybe Arsenal? Or Everton? I can't see many other sides being able to guarantee him a starting slot right now.

Arsenal have Pepe, Saka and Martinelli who are all left footed wingers.

4 minutes ago, copunk said:

We all know the score, sign him, our outstanding player for 2 seasons, Man City come and show interest, he sits at an airport and awaits a transfer

Fox business model.

Love the idea on here of Foxes bailing out Barca?!

Be prepared for the big disappointment that is our recruitment Foxtalkers -loved to be proved wrong on this one.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal have Pepe, Saka and Martinelli who are all left footed wingers.

Yeah exactly, so assuming Arteta sees those as good enough, surely we must be the best option for first team football.

• Like 1

I get the scepticism around 2 year loan but we end up losing our best players after a couple of years anyway... and if he flops... he’s not dead weight and big wages going out on loan to Monaco... 

Edited by lcfceaves

12 minutes ago, copunk said:

We all know the score, sign him, our outstanding player for 2 seasons, Man City come and show interest, he sits at an airport and awaits a transfer

Yeah, two years of great play and a massive profit - that's a lose-lose for us. Steer well clear!

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is more a way of deferring a £45m purchase. I.E we are offering them a £15m profit but don't want to pay it for 2 years. They might be interested in selling if we pay it up front but i don't see how this deal helps them raise immediate funds. They might let us have him on loan though without an obligation to buy.

Exactly Ric I don’t see how this deal benefits Barcelona in anyway unless we are wacking a large loan fee at them for the 2 seasons he would be here on loan. That would seem more realistic to me. £10 million x2 for the loan deal and then the £45 million obligatory fee at the end of the 2 seasons. Unless the deal is structured along them lines, I can’t see it happening.