Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

Never heard of him, let alone know whether he'd be great or not. But a new name is always exciting.

I'd prefer a loan, big gamble otherwise. Barca make signings like this all the time, some will turn out great and others will be let go, probably at a profit so I wouldn't read too much into them only signing him in January.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty disgusting of Barca tbh to be buying the poor kid for 30m in January just to try and sell him for profit without playing him six months later, more than likely always the plan just to try and fund some other 120m purchase. 

They've fallen a long, long way from Mes Que Un Club, the Catalan institution that used to thrive off nurturing and developing local youth from the ground up in the world's best academy. 

They're just Galacticos Jr these days. 

It's not like they've just locked up up for 6 months though. He went back to Braga and did really well to be honest.

It's also worth noting that we're trying to sign him, as opposed to Barca trying to offload him to us.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty disgusting of Barca tbh to be buying the poor kid for 30m in January just to try and sell him for profit without playing him six months later, more than likely always the plan just to try and fund some other 120m purchase. 

And all the while Mendes taking what % of the enormous fees? 

They've fallen a long, long way from Mes Que Un Club, the Catalan institution that used to thrive off nurturing and developing local youth from the ground up in the world's best academy. 

They're just Galacticos Jr these days. 

Disgusting to double his wages and probably facilitate an even bigger wage rise, this is practically slave labour 

• Haha 1

This stinks of them turning a quick profit if true but we definitely wanted him in January if reports are to be believed.

I'd be fairly content with a loan deal with or without a view to a permanent deal or if after numerous conversations they at least let us sign Alex Collado then that will do.

Lets all do the Conger-ton

Sale or loan, he'd be at Leicester 2 seasons max.  But he'd generate a profit for us just like Barca (hell, we might even sell him back to them) and that's how a club like us needs to do business.

Truthfully, he's a level or two above our pay grade under normal circumstances.  But if we can pull it off, fantastic.

15 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Seen this lad against Rangers earlier in the Europa League and he looked very good.

..very good from you, is not a ringing endorsement!!!

I have watched the YouTube video and apart from cutting in and scoring with his left foot, not much more excitement. He seems composed in front of goal and in the last third but little sign of engaging and beating defenders, chop backs or elusive spins to outwit a defender. I am not sure if this guy will be getting us off our seats and for £45m I think we could do better.

Ziyech was £40m and a seasoned professional and we would surely be paying a lot for the Barcelona brand sticker.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I have watched the YouTube video and apart from cutting in and scoring with his left foot, not much more excitement. He seems composed in front of goal and in the last third but little sign of engaging and beating defenders, chop backs or elusive spins to outwit a defender. I am not sure if this guy will be getting us off our seats and for £45m I think we could do better.

Ziyech was £40m and a seasoned professional and we would surely be paying a lot for the Barcelona brand sticker.

Also is 27 and was going into the final year of his contract.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He didnt want to come here.