Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Çağlar Söyüncü

Comparing Soyuncu to the gold standard, while not the same level of all-rounder, he already easily bests VVD on pressures and ball recoveries.

CagsVVD.thumb.JPG.bbe387753626e7601303b251171050eb.JPG

24 being young for a CB, it’s pretty clear Cags is developing into a superstar.  He just needs to keep replacing aggressiveness with brains and improving his passing.  Other than that, the whole package -- not just the elite athletic talent -- is already there.

Next summer, the biggest clubs really will be breaking down our door for him.  As with Ricardo, we should upgrade/extend his contract to protect the club’s interests. 

p.s. I also compared him with Evans, and their rankings are amazingly close.  Cags’ defending stats (and Jonny’s passing stats) are slightly the better, and both have the same lone weakness: fouling.  Replace Chilwell with the right player, and LCFC should have one golden year of rivalling Liverpool for the best back four in the Premier League.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Funny, but I could have done without the panic that someone had submitted an offer...

That panic turns to pure pleasure as you watch that masterpiece though.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This should play at the ground after he scores a goal! Respect to Cags to being willing to pose for that video ha ha! It's great when players don't take themselves too seriously.

Back on topic, we won't sell anyone else from the first team this summer - I am pretty sure we will be selling a maximum of one star per season. Cags or Ricardo are probably the most likely to go next as Man U haven't signed Sancho and I think they will sign him before going in for Maddison at some point too.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

This should play at the ground after he scores a goal! Respect to Cags to being willing to pose for that video ha ha! It's great when players don't take themselves too seriously.

Back on topic, we won't sell anyone else from the first team this summer - I am pretty sure we will be selling a maximum of one star per season. Cags or Ricardo are probably the most likely to go next as Man U haven't signed Sancho and I think they will sign him before going in for Maddison at some point too.

It's perfect now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I wasn't epileptic before...

I know you probably meant to be “funny “ but it’s not. Would you expect people to laugh if you joked about cancer?

Sorry mate I don’t find it hilarious but perhaps I’m a bit too touchy. No offence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wortho said:

I know you probably meant to be “funny “ but it’s not. Would you expect people to laugh if you joked about cancer?

Sorry mate I don’t find it hilarious but perhaps I’m a bit too touchy. No offence.

Given I have a two family members with epilepsy, and work with someone who has it too, and all have senses of humour about it, apologies if you specifically were offended.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Given I have a two family members with epilepsy, and work with someone who has it too, and all have senses of humour about it, apologies if you specifically were offended.

Fair enough and I accept your reply. Perhaps it means more to me atm. I hope your family members are well 🙏

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not a chance we sell anyone else that’s key to the squad this summer.