Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Gosens and Bryan

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I thought he looked better as one of the 3 at the end of the season, then he does at fullback. 

He's impressed at left back, right back and then as a 3rd centre half. He's another who can play anywhere across that back 4/5 and may well form part of a fluid defence that can provide better movement and open up the pitch more. Rodgers teams tend to focus the majority of possession amongst the defence, recycling ball back and forth from one side to the other and having defenders that can move about will help prevent that laborious possession we saw at times.

The issue is .... bringing in Gosens and playing a back 5 is great... but it increases the need to sign a quality cb. 

Im all for it if someone’s lined up but if it’s between benkovic and Justin for the last spot all season.... it’s risky. It might be great and benkovic fits like a glove, but it is a risk that we haven’t had a pre-season to mitigate 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Gosens is slow, one footed, poor crosser, poor attacker, poor defender, costs too much, is Belgian and probably smells! :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Apart from the Belgium bit that describes Chilwell perfectly..😂

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Like a Belgian Harry Maguire. 

Is he even Belgian? I feel like this is the biggest lie in all this... Wiki and transfermarkt say he's German.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Is he even Belgian? I feel like this is the biggest lie in all this... Wiki and transfermarkt say he's German.

Then why is he training with the Belgian squad?:ph34r: I don't see Thomas Muller there. :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The issue is .... bringing in Gosens and playing a back 5 is great... but it increases the need to sign a quality cb. 

Im all for it if someone’s lined up but if it’s between benkovic and Justin for the last spot all season.... it’s risky. It might be great and benkovic fits like a glove, but it is a risk that we haven’t had a pre-season to mitigate 

We need a new CB full stop, we will sign one. It would be astonishing to go in to next season without bringing one in.

44 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agree with you all.

Arguably the best full back we've ever had (except maybe Fuchs 15/16), being linked to big 60/70 million pounds moves abroad and seems to be enjoying his time here.

It'd be so Leicester City to start playing him as a winger lol

Best Full Back ever ?  I take it you never saw Alan Woolett play?  He is 73 now and can still beat Maguire over 50 yards.

• Haha 1

Would be crazy if we got Gosens but I can't see it happening (happy to be proved wrong!) 

If we did get him, it'd mean Castagne will most likely play RB and Gosens on the left, and also cover us for when Ricardo leaves (which will be very sad indeed :( )

It's still good to have Castagne's versatility should Gosens get injured as well. 

Why are people so convinced Ricardo will leave? Is it because there is no sign of a new contract? 

He really goes under the radar and I'm not sure which big team is going to come in for him. Even more so after an injury disrupted season. 

I feel Ndidi and Maddison are more likely to be the in demand player got next summer.

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why are people so convinced Ricardo will leave? Is it because there is no sign of a new contract? 

He really goes under the radar and I'm not sure which big team is going to come in for him. Even more so after an injury disrupted season. 

I feel Ndidi and Maddison are more likely to be the in demand player got next summer.

Because he could easily play at a bigger club in a nicer place earning more money with a better chance of winning things. It's not certain he'd want to leave but it is a likely eventuality.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've been had.

Haha its just another one of those Virgin twitter accounts that are trying to push the whole #TopOut thing

Although I am pretty sure all of the 10 or so accounts that are doing it are actually just the same guy

Some people lead very sad lives