Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Gosens and Bryan

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Gosens is even less likely to come than tagliafico, he's 26 and plays for a serie A CL club. If he wants money he can hold out for a bigger club, if he wants prestige he's not going to get more by going to an EL club.

He’s 26

we plan to have Thomas as our first choice in three years

gosens can perform here for two years and get a move to a ‘big club ‘ at 28/29 (The big clubs are less bothered about sell on value)

everyones a winner .......

I woud think a sticking point could be a release clause - if I were him I would want one and we know that we don’t do them now as a point of policy. 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s 26

we plan to have Thomas as our first choice in three years

gosens can perform here for two years and get a move to a ‘big club ‘ at 28/29 (The big clubs are less bothered about sell on value)

everyones a winner .......

I woud think a sticking point could be a release clause - if I were him I would want one and we know that we don’t do them now as a point of policy. 

He's already performing at a similar level club at atalanta though, if we buy him for 40m he's not getting a big move anywhere as that's his max value.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

He's already performing at a similar level club at atalanta though, if we buy him for 40m he's not getting a big move anywhere as that's his max value.

He comes here for money - that’s simple 

if he performs here then he gets another big move in two or three years .....players back themselves ......he will want to play at a higher level than us and can see plenty of evidence that signing for Lcfc isn’t the worst career path move if you’re mid twenties

of course if a juve come in for him now then that changes everything but whilst he is at Atalanta then there is always the thought from bigger clubs -‘ can he do it away from there’?  making a name for himself in the prem would solve that. 

the only problem for us is whether buying someone who becomes as valuable to us as Ricky will stifle Thomas’ development too much. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

He comes here for money - that’s simple 

if he performs here then he gets another big move in two or three years .....players back themselves ......he will want to play at a higher level than us and can see plenty of evidence that signing for Lcfc isn’t the worst career path move if you’re mid twenties

of course if a juve come in for him now then that changes everything but whilst he is at Atalanta then there is always the thought from bigger clubs -‘ can he do it away from there’?  making a name for himself in the prem would solve that. 

the only problem for us is whether buying someone who becomes as valuable to us as Ricky will stifle Thomas’ development too much. 

Ok but you dont understand, if we're buying him for 40m he's not going anywhere, no big club is going to stump up the same amount of money or more for him, he's stuck here. Anyway we shouldnt be buying a german midfielder to play as our lb, who knows how he'll cope in a system that's not atalanta's.

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Everyone seems to assume Thomas will be our LB in 2-3 years and whoever we bring in will just be holding the fort.

it's pretty much impossible to plan that far ahead as real life gets in the way. Thomas might prove to be a Championship LB at 23. We need to get in a quality LB to replace Chilwell and in an ideal situation he proves to be at the equal at full back than Ricardo and then Thomas starts to challenge him in a couple of years. Just get the best player in that position we can this window and then see how it goes.

Thomas is already clearly above championship level at 19 yrs old just from what we've seen. The club rates him and i trust their judgement, he may not be starting quality yet but if they want to entrust the future with thomas im sure it's the right decision. The best players are usually the older ones anyway 28-30 is an ideal age for quality and for thomas to take over in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Thomas is already clearly above championship level at 19 yrs old just from what we've seen. The club rates him and i trust their judgement, he may not be starting quality yet but if they want to entrust the future with thomas im sure it's the right decision. The best players are usually the older ones anyway 28-30 is an ideal age for quality and for thomas to take over in 3 years.

We've seen him play 3 or 4 games, we need to see him consistently produce before we can safely say anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Everyone seems to assume Thomas will be our LB in 2-3 years and whoever we bring in will just be holding the fort.

it's pretty much impossible to plan that far ahead as real life gets in the way. Thomas might prove to be a Championship LB at 23. We need to get in a quality LB to replace Chilwell and in an ideal situation he proves to be at the equal at full back than Ricardo and then Thomas starts to challenge him in a couple of years. Just get the best player in that position we can this window and then see how it goes.

Which is why we should buy someone of quality with a resale value 

if Thomas develops then we can sell them on 

if Thomas doesn’t fulfil his potential then he remains their understudy 

no assumptions there ...

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

We've seen him play 3 or 4 games, we need to see him consistently produce before we can safely say anything. 

Honestly just the general quality of his passing was enough for me, championship is probably the most overrated league on here, the likes of jamal lewis, bryan who were the best left backs in the championship looked mediocre in the prem, it will probably be the same for matty cash (rb i know) and rico henry, to say that luke thomas could potentially be a championship lb is just wrong he's already shown enough at prem level for that to be the case and he's only going to get better.

It’s interesting that other EPL teams sometimes keep and nurture some very young prospects (e.g. Foden and Greenwood) as do some German Teams, but we look to farm out almost everyone on loan and fill the squad with deadwood.

Of course the loan system is absolutely vital for player development but may be sometimes a shot at fast tracking internally I.e. training with the first team, the odd minutes off the bench and in minor cup ties can also pay dividends? 

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It’s interesting that other EPL teams sometimes keep and nurture some very young prospects (e.g. Foden and Greenwood) as do some German Teams, but we look to farm out almost everyone on loan and fill the squad with deadwood.

Of course the loan system is absolutely vital for player development but may be sometimes a shot at fast tracking internally I.e. training with the first team, the odd minutes off the bench and in minor cup ties can also pay dividends? 

Foden and Greenwood are exceptional young players the rest aren’t quite ready

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

9 goals and 8 assists last year. Wpuld be like signing a winger. If we're going to go 3 at the back he'd be perfect but I imagine he's got half of Europe after him.

Maybe he could displace Barnes :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

9 goals and 8 assists last year. Wpuld be like signing a winger. If we're going to go 3 at the back he'd be perfect but I imagine he's got half of Europe after him.

Even if we aren't, our quick attacking transition would let us utilise him brilliantly. This would be a great signing, but minus a link from Dorsett we've heard nothing. 

22 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'm not a fan of three at the back but Gosens and Ricardo would be excellent in that system and it solves our winger problem.