Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Gosens and Bryan

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Surely we’d have just made a double bid if we actually wanted both. 

Why? 

The "double bid" term is just media bollocks used by Sky Sports to get their fans to wank over a story. 

Just like "swap deal", it never happens like that. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 2

Not sure about this one... have often thought that Ricardo could be an option at RW/M. Although he gets forward and is often the driving force of our attacking play, the two positions are very different..

he would usually link well with who ever would be in front of him and be playing 1 2s with them...
Playing RW/M with a LB to get by from say a standing start at times does not suit some players.. Would be interest to see if he is a natural in this position or not...

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Pace in the CB area would be fantastic.  A major deficiency we have had for years. I am still amazed we won the league with that back 4. Shows how brilliant Kante was.

It's also why Cags is absolutely crucial to us. He is properly rapid and it allows us to play a high line/press the opposition without worrying about getting done by a ball over the top. We all saw what happened away at Tottenham at the end of last season when he wasn't playing....

Really liked the look of Justin at RCB. He looks really comfortable there and is tall and strong enough to play as a CB over time, I think. Plus, he is also rapid....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The title of this thread … :unsure:

Every time it gets hot, I'm wondering who we’re trying to get into bed with.

GosensBryan.JPG.993cb9bdf1a009ef66f70df1d7b09de0.JPG

Wow is that Gosens?  If so, he is punching above his weight girlfriend wise and may have problems coping with some the wingers in the EPL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kristoff said we went in for Castagne last summer with the suggestion he’d be a rotation player and he wasn’t interested. He claimed he’s coming because chilly has gone. This would go against that.

However, perhaps it was suggested we would do the same as Atalanta and rotate 3 quality fb’s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Kristoff said we went in for Castagne last summer with the suggestion he’d be a rotation player and he wasn’t interested. He claimed he’s coming because chilly has gone. This would go against that.

However, perhaps it was suggested we would do the same as Atalanta and rotate 3 quality fb’s

It's certainly not out of the realms of possibility that we aren't sure about Justin. Which could see another fullback come in. Meaning you have three strong players there, with Fuchs, Justin, Thomas as backup or loaned out for experience. 

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I totally disagree with the idea of moving Ricardo onto the wing.  The one you don’t do is move your best player out of his best position.  That said, BR seems to have an obsession with playing guys out of position.

Puel used to get slated for this.

Why would you push a good player out of position. No thanks.

Wouldn't want Ricardo moving up the pitch either.

He is borderline world class as a fullback. He'd do a passable job as a winger, but you'd massively negate his effectiveness moving him up the pitch.

I'd love to see him paired up with a Mahrez type who is comfortable cutting in and playing slide rule passes, that'd be devastating. Think that's why i was quite keen on a move for Brooks.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Ha ha ha... the people on this forum when we signed Ricardo. "Why are are signing a winger who has only just started playing as a Fullback, when you could just buy a fullback". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

He is borderline world class as a fullback. He'd do a passable job as a winger, but you'd massively negate his effectiveness moving him up the pitch.

I'd love to see him paired up with a Mahrez type who is comfortable cutting in and playing slide rule passes, that'd be devastating. Think that's why i was quite keen on a move for Brooks.

I think passable is harsh, I think he'd be our best winger if we played him as one. 

But I do think he'd be wasted there. He does his best work coming from deeper and terrifying / confusing defenders. 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I totally disagree with the idea of moving Ricardo onto the wing.  The one thing you don’t do is move your best player out of his best position.  That said, BR seems to have an obsession with playing guys out of position.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree with you all.

Arguably the best full back we've ever had (except maybe Fuchs 15/16), being linked to big 60/70 million pounds moves abroad and seems to be enjoying his time here.

It'd be so Leicester City to start playing him as a winger lol

• Like 1

It'd be a great option dependant on who we're playing having his qualities upfront, but not sure it's a luxury we can quite literally afford.

1 minute ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Ricardo is the best winger we have at the club, but is far better at right back.

RB: 123 Games. 7 Goals. 18 Assists

RW/RM: 67 Games. 7 Goals. 6 Assists

Same amount of goals in a much shorter period of time, and you'd assume the stats would trend upwards also.

Yes he's class at right back, but I think he's just class in general! If we signed another right back and got half a season out of Ricky as an attacker (meaning he wouldn't have to sprint as much with his knee recovery) i'd be delighted!

Also means we have his replacement when he leaves for Barca next summer!

• Like 1