Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Gosens and Bryan

I'm not sure what signing both Castagne and Gosens would say about Rodgers' plans for the club.  If you play Gosens at LB, where do you play Castagne?  You can put him at RB until Pereira comes back, but what then?  Gosens is certainly an offensive-minded player and probably better suited to a wing-back in a 3 at the back setup, but there's still only room for 2 wingbacks in any given formation.  And I don't think Gosens is a true winger.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm not sure what signing both Castagne and Gosens would say about Rodgers' plans for the club.  If you play Gosens at LB, where do you play Castagne?  You can put him at RB until Pereira comes back, but what then?  Gosens is certainly an offensive-minded player and probably better suited to a wing-back in a 3 at the back setup, but there's still only room for 2 wingbacks in any given formation.  And I don't think Gosens is a true winger.

Could potentially mean playing Ricardo right wing 🤔

LB - Gosens

LW - Barnes

RB - Castagne

RW- Ricky P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Surely if this were the case it would have been more logical to try and do the Gosens deal first?

Don’t believe a word of it personally, just reporting it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Who’s the best journalist authority on Ze Germans?

I Dont believe One can suggest this or that is the best Journalist authority...

But a Good start is bundesliga.de. Official Website One can Call up the English version...

Getfootballnewsgermany.com

Kicker.de

Lovelllowdown.com....is a German Resident  English Journalist who reports on German football

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I said the other day I think Castagne looks more of an heir to Albrighton/Ricardo than he does our left back replacement, think if we are going for Gosens then that all but confirms it. 

If this is the case, could be that Justin is someone Rodgers fancies at CB rather than RB, offer some real pace at the back.

Edited by Beechey

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Squad rotation? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

If this is the case, could be that Justin is someone Rodgers fancies at CB rather than RB, offer some real pace at the back.

Pace in the CB area would be fantastic.  A major deficiency we have had for years. I am still amazed we won the league with that back 4. Shows how brilliant Kante was.

47 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Could mean hes going to play Ricardo has a winger 

47 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Maybe Ricky is gonna be the new right winger 

Brendan has said previously that Justin needs a lot of work in the attacking sense and to be honest he looked far from comfortable as an out and out full back after Pereira got injured. Could very well be that Brendan now sees him as a wide centre back in a back 3 formation and hopes to develop the attacking side of his game as he gets more experience and matures. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Could potentially mean playing Ricardo right wing 🤔

LB - Gosens

LW - Barnes

RB - Castagne

RW- Ricky P

I wouldn't hate that. Ricardo would be one of the best RWs in the PL if he were to play there full time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe Ricky is gonna be the new right winger 

Back to help in defence rip defences apart with his pace and skill, very mouth watering prospect to let Ricky loose from defence and dominate the wing a defenders nightmare !

Edited by justfoxes

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Until someone pours water all over it !!:source:

Gosens is slow, one footed, poor crosser, poor attacker, poor defender, costs too much, is Belgian and probably smells! :ph34r: 

• Haha 3