Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Sheff Wed Match Thread

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

After all of the optimism before last season, it just feels so depressing at the minute. Key players out injured/suspended, no prospect of any signings, the loss of a key first teamer to a rival club and coming off the back of terrible form since the turn of the year. My expectations are very low for this season at the minute.

It’s like a vintage car that’s running like shit.

Needs a few new parts and a service.

Don't really see a lot of difference from post xmas last season. Self sabotage football.. Not creating enough chances, only occasionally getting into good positions only to overwork it or final touch being poor. Desperately need to bolster the wide areas, I love the guy but surely we can't have Marc starting in the PL this season.

Edited by bfox

Just now, Jonezy said:

JJ and Mendy look tidy. Kevin works hard and gets involved, but loses the ball a lot. The left side and Praet need to get involved. But its pre-season and we are probably all completely overthinking it. :)

Problem with praet is he never gets involved enough, this isnt just preseason laziness.

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

To be fair to him, I was infinitely more entertained by finding out what he's got on his sandwich and what crisps he likes than by watching Albrighton chasing his first touch around the pitch

I missed the best bit then - can you confirm sandwich filling and flavour crisps?

Just now, Jonezy said:

JJ and Mendy look tidy. Kevin works hard and gets involved, but loses the ball a lot. The left side and Praet need to get involved. But its pre-season and we are probably all completely overthinking it. :)

It’s not normal pre season as we know it, they have been back a few weeks.

So the was off for just over 2 weeks 

equivalent of an international break.

yea pre season games normally can be excused as rusty, not fit etc.

its not a valid point this time 

18 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

why are sheff w listed first on the scoreboard?

I’d assumed it’s because they’ve been based at Loughborough University all week. So in theory, are the home team. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh that's not a good sign at all. Even weirder that Johnson is on over Benkovic

Would have been nice to see a Benkovic and Caglar partnership. Was surprised Johnson got on ahead of Knight too.  

I don't think Johnson has done too bad though, apart from the occasional Beaglehole hoof upfield