Jump to content
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Not really. A blind man can see they have no future at the club; saying it out loud doesn't change that. I mean, there's even an online forum for clubs trying to unload players. 

So what's the course of action now that everyone knows they have no future at the club? Keep them regardless? Pay them off? Let them leave on free?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

Lampard about his goalie: 'Kepa has all my support', meaning 'we still trust him to do the job for us, now how about giving us a check for 50 million and you can have him...no?...40 million?'

Rodgers: 'The 3 indesirables have no place in Leicester...their sight repulses me...oh god, take them away, now'

Other clubs: 'OK, can I have Slim, please?'

Management: 'That would be 8 million for him'

O.C: 'What? It's a rip off...your manager said he doesn't want them...we'll pay car-boot rate. Stick this poney in your pocket. Common Slim, get in the car...mind you he does run awkwardly.'

The difference is , your Making Tales und Silly statements,presumingly coming from our club & manager....

The reality is in the real world,there are contracts & wages ,that are still in place....

Fans projected sarcastics wishes, dressed up as banter,doesn't make them or situation as fact.

According to LCFC official squad ...Slimani & Silva apparently still have Squad numbers....13 & 23...!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

Lampard about his goalie: 'Kepa has all my support', meaning 'we still trust him to do the job for us, now how about giving us a check for 50 million and you can have him...no?...40 million?'

Rodgers: 'The 3 indesirables have no place in Leicester...their sight repulses me...oh god, take them away, now'

Other clubs: 'OK, can I have Slim, please?'

Management: 'That would be 8 million for him'

O.C: 'What? It's a rip off...your manager said he doesn't want them...we'll pay car-boot rate. Stick this poney in your pocket. Common Slim, get in the car...mind you he does run awkwardly.'

The difference is , your Making Tales und Silly statements,presumingly coming from our club & manager....

The reality is in the real world,there are contracts & wages ,that are still in place....

Fans projected sarcastics wishes, dressed up as banter,doesn't make them or situation as fact.

According to LCFC official squad ...Slimani & Silva apparently still have Squad numbers....13 & 23...!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

What on earth is happening with Diabate ?  We get loads of posts and updates on Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal, but no mention of 'The 4th Man'.  He's in exactly the same 'limbo state' as the other 3, but while they're constantly linked with possible moves away, there is nothing on Diabate.  Could it be that BR is thinking of keeping him (he is only 24 - unlike the 'oldies' - and so might have a future with us).  He obviously impressed (a bit !) in his 1 season at the KP and did OK at Amiens last year.  Has anyone heard anything about him this summer ?

Diabate was reported to be back in training at Belvoir Drive a couple of weeks ago.  Mind you, so was Ghezzal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

So what's the course of action now that everyone knows they have no future at the club? Keep them regardless? Pay them off? Let them leave on free?

Everyone has known for over a year, so a repeat of last year.  They will get deadline day loans with us still paying a good chunk of their salary.

The problem is their wages, and taking a payout if they are sold. The Premier League paycheck is the main reason they came to Leicester. They aren't going to take less money to spend the twilight of their career fighting for 11th place in Ligue 1 

 

My guess? if Rodgers had said "They are Leicester players, and are fighting for their spots on the team," it would have just caused interested clubs to die laughing. And then who would we flog them to?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

LCFC are paying them so shop window them all against Arsenal. Would be an interesting line- up!

Do we have to have some sort of declared squad for the League cup?  I wouldn't want to see them in the line up. Asking for a friend :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering Diabate was signed for the under 23s I’m amazed his wage is an issue. 

 

What a terrible deal based on Claude’s son scouting for the club :angry:

 

why didnt the club club learn from the last manager who involved his son in club affairs.

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Considering Diabate was signed for the under 23s I’m amazed his wage is an issue. 

 

What a terrible deal based on Claude’s son scouting for the club :angry:

 

why didnt the club club learn from the last manager who involved his son in club affairs.

He was "one for the future" but wasn't for the U23's -- was training with the first team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He was "one for the future" but wasn't for the U23's -- was training with the first team.

Jaku

Albrighton

Morgan

Benko

Amartey

Chouds

James

Silva

Gezzal

Slimani

Gray

 

Will win us the Cara' cup.....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Verumex said:

Half of them couldn't beat Newport! 

Would be difficult for five and half men to play a full eleven to be fair. 
 

even if we are generous and say 5 plus whatever is left of Matty James... 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't the club just 'mutually terminate' their contracts?

Allowing the club to free up their wage costs, and these individuals to start a new chapter elsewhere.

Edited by Wymsey
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can't the club just 'mutually terminate' their contracts?

Allowing the club to free up their wage costs, and these individuals to start a new chapter elsewhere.

they could but that would involve Us paying out a big lump sum now in lieu of the balance of their contracts.  The reality would require a compromise on the part of the players as a calculated risk that they don’t need to take as we would expect them to forgo part of that commitment. If no one comes in for them before the window shuts then this becomes a possibility - if they are free agents then they can move outside the window if leagues don’t have restricted squad deadlines.  Could take some time to sort them out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can't the club just 'mutually terminate' their contracts?

Allowing the club to free up their wage costs, and these individuals to start a new chapter elsewhere.

Yes, but the club and the player would have to agree to an amount of money as compensation for the wages lost.

 

For the club, it's essentially buying out the rest of the contract at a cut-down price. For the player, it's a chance for a big signing-on fee from their next club in return for part of their old contract.

 

I don't think it makes much sense for us to do this while there's a chance another club could buy or loan them. There's a good chance the players wouldn't agree to it, anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Trekking across the alps .......

No wonder it's taking him a long time. It's said that when trekking at very high altitudes the air can be that thin that you can barely manage to put one foot in front of the other.

image.png.e1aa84e67da6550d90323c98a01a332a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

I'd honestly keep Slimani, I've heard he has a bad attitude but most games he started he scored and looked good doing so.

I think if Vardy got injured he would be more than capable stepping up.

It's not going to happen.  Vardy and other can't stand the guy, and Rodgers is not about to piss off half the squad for a player no better than Nacho.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely they've considered Diabate to Leuven? Feels like that makes a lot of sense on the face of it and would be a good signing for them. There must be a reason it can't happen? Presumably, at the least, that he doesn't want to go there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The midfielder, for example, who is being courted by both Valencia and Sampdoria, appears to have the most interest in him, but Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday explain things aren’t so easy.

 

In fact, they go as far as saying the negotiations for the Portugal international are ‘complicated’ due to the ‘number of agents’ surrounding him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...