Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

8 hours ago, LCFC BEAST said:

I’d have Slimani on the bench especially if we’re going 2 up top 🤷🏽‍♂️

If he’s happy to play that role his aerial ability could come in use. 

When the only other cover is Iheanacho, why not?  Slimani may have more value sticking around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Good luck to Silva, the guy deserves it. 

His really hot wife was unable to watch him play football in the fine city of Leicester because he wasn't really good enough while they raked up the hundreds of thousands of reddies before they jetted off to sunny Monaco? Few men have suffered so much. He deserves a break. He served us well.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

His really hot wife was unable to watch him play football in the fine city of Leicester because he wasn't really good enough while they raked up the hundreds of thousands of reddies before they jetted off to sunny Monaco? Few men have suffered so much. He deserves a break. He served us well.

The signing was with good intentions, but messed up by us. That started the whole thing and it never recovered. I hope the bloke goes on to play football as he should. 

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The signing was with good intentions, but messed up by us. That started the whole thing and it never recovered. I hope the bloke goes on to play football as he should. 

I hope we’ve ceremonially burnt to a cinder the fax machine that cursed him with the twin attributes of being both slow and lightweight on the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

His 20 odd insipid appearances for the club cost around 1 million euros each . If he gets a signing on fee from his next club I hope the club have a claim on it . Utterly useless light weight  time waster 

Reading the article, it sounds like we are just willing to let him go for free -- but he still might not want the pay cut.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We obviously thought he was good enough to sign. Hardly the guy's fault. 

I’m not blaming him, obviously. He seemed to try his best. But it’s up there with one of our worst signings of late. I remember Puel begrudgingly subbing him on after everyone started to chant his name.

7 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

How good was Adrien Silva’s little cameo against Huddersfield on New Year’s Day? Unfortunately that was the peak lol

Reminds me of the Laczko and Bori debuts which had Hollowhead waxing lyrical about two less than average Hungarians. lol

13 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

On paper he was decent enough. He was captain of a good Sporting side. Had Champions League experience and had won the Euros with Portugal. Could speak French and Portuguese. Was a technically good player. 

He was just out of form whilst he was here. He wasn’t a bad player for Monaco.

He fits that Henderson role. 

He was also wanted by Tottenham at the time. 

If you consider how far we’ve come as a club, we wouldn’t take Drinkwater back and he was the replacement.

7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Our worst ever signing. Hard to argue it is anyone else.

Certainly our most anticlimactic after all the build up and excitement, the countdown thread, FIFA's petty intransigence...

...And then he plays...   .

It still baffles me how a European Champion, club captain and Champions League player could fail to make any impression whatsoever.