Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're never getting rid of this absolute donkey are we. Surely this is the last year on his contract? 

Just get WBA to pay as much of his wage as possible and get him gone.

I think we might. Seems like there's enough interest. Yep - last year of his contract. Finally!

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think I meant getting an actual fee for him. Has anyone offered money for a perm deal since he's been outcast?

I think Rennes(?) or some club were close to signing him for around £10m(?) at one point in this window. I remember purposefully not commenting on it because I thought I might jinx it! I thought it might be too good to be true and it was.

Don't understand the hate for Slimani.  He's a quality striker just didn't fit in here for whatever reason.  But he's succeeded every single club he's played at bar here.  But let's not forget goals he scored like Porto etc.

The weird thing is, if he had a full run in the side for a season, he would probably bag 15 to 20 goals he just never got the chance.

Personally, I'd keep him.  Vardy most of the time, Vardy and slim when it's desperation time and it's crosses in to the box for the last ten. He has his uses.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Don't understand the hate for Slimani.  He's a quality striker just didn't fit in here for whatever reason.  But he's succeeded every single club he's played at bar here.  But let's not forget goals he scored like Porto etc.

The weird thing is, if he had a full run in the side for a season, he would probably bag 15 to 20 goals he just never got the chance.

Personally, I'd keep him.  Vardy most of the time, Vardy and slim when it's desperation time and it's crosses in to the box for the last ten. He has his uses.

Not strictly true, before here he played in the Algerian league for a couple of clubs then did well over three seasons at Sporting. 
He did okay initially for us, but was terrible  at Newcastle when he went on loan and ended up getting sent back to us, the same at Fenerbahçe. He did well at Monaco but the fact he scored a decent amount of goals and they have made no attempt to sign him permanently tells you a lot.

He’s had 4 different managers here, and not be given an opportunity again shows you all you need to know about the guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not strictly true, before here he played in the Algerian league for a couple of clubs then did well over three seasons at Sporting. 
He did okay initially for us, but was terrible  at Newcastle when he went on loan and ended up getting sent back to us, the same at Fenerbahçe. He did well at Monaco but the fact he scored a decent amount of goals and they have made no attempt to sign him permanently tells you a lot.

He’s had 4 different managers here, and not be given an opportunity again shows you all you need to know about the guy.

Because he is a grade A kn*b by all accounts who is a disruptive influence and generally disliked by the rest of the squad

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Slim on loan at WBA isn't a bad idea if they pay he's wages, he can't play against us and can damage our rivals! 

I'd want some sort of fee as well as pay all his wages, they've barely spent any money have West Ham. £4.5m on his wages and £5m to us for letting them have him, they can have Benkovic on loan too or any other fringe player in the £5m loan fee.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

He went to the barcodes with an injury and only made four apearances but got two assists. So a bit harsh.

Isn't there's a great vid of a Fenerbahçe  fan going ape when Slim totally screws up a great chance? 

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Think you should probably check how many strikers in the PL actually scored 15-20 goals last season and re-evaluate that statement. 

38 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He went to the barcodes with an injury and only made four apearances but got two assists. So a bit harsh.

Isn't there's a great vid of a Fenerbahçe  fan going ape when Slim totally screws up a great chance? 

He only made four appearances at Newcastle because one as you rightly say he was injured and two he got band for 3 games for violent conduct kicking out at Craig Dawson funnily enough playing against West Brom 

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

He only made four appearances at Newcastle because one as you rightly say he was injured and two he got band for 3 games for violent conduct kicking out at Craig Dawson funnily enough playing against West Brom 

West Brom tried to sign him at the same time as us. Does that mean they're stilll using an ex scouts black book? Sounds familiar.

• Like 1

Slimani will go to France I’d imagine. Quite a few clubs have been linked to him over the past few days. 

It seems Sampdoria have won the race for Silva. 

All quiet on the Ghezzal front, since we rejected another loan option from
Fiorentina. 

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd want some sort of fee as well as pay all his wages, they've barely spent any money have West Ham. £4.5m on his wages and £5m to us for letting them have him, they can have Benkovic on loan too or any other fringe player in the £5m loan fee.

I'm sure there would be some sort of loan fee as well!

10 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

You've clearly forgotten how poor he was at holding up the ball and heading. 

He caused issues at the training ground (yes I do know that) basically sulked when he wasn't included in the team every week. 

He's always scored in poor European leagues. Didn't cut it in the prem. 

This must be the next priority, get

• Slimani
  • Silva
  • Ghezzal
  • Gray

out of here the see where we are financially with regards to incomings, likely loans I imagine after little Wes

On 29/09/2020 at 21:38, kristianity77 said:

Fenerbahce, Newcastle? He doesn't fit in here, if what I hear is true, he doesn't get on with several of the squad.

It would have been great if he'd been a massive success here but it's time to admit defeat and move on.

• Like 2