Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

So Diabate and Silva gone. Seems to be plenty of chatter around Slimani so hopefully something will come from that. Just leaves poor old Deadrie and the clear out will be complete.  Can see someone coming in fro Gray before the end of the window too and that would actually net us a few quid.  This could actually be one our better windows

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So Diabate and Silva gone. Seems to be plenty of chatter around Slimani so hopefully something will come from that. Just leaves poor old Deadrie and the clear out will be complete.  Can see someone coming in fro Gray before the end of the window too and that would actually net us a few quid.  This could actually be one our better windows

Matty needs to go as well for his sake too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Matty needs to go as well for his sake too.

Ghezzal is one that I think might actually do well with OHL, although I am sure King Power just wants to see the back of him, since they refused a loan deal for Fiorentina.

If he is healthy (is he?), I would guess the goal would be to loan out Matty -- and I doubt that would happen until near the end of the EFL window (and probably a League 1 or 2 team that just can't afford a squad in present circumstances.)

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Matty needs to go as well for his sake 

If it's his sake you're worried about then you should want him to stay! Hes not getting any contract offers once his one here finally ends. Even if he does itl be league 1 or 2 level at best.

49 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

If it's his sake you're worried about then you should want him to stay! Hes not getting any contract offers once his one here finally ends. Even if he does itl be league 1 or 2 level at best.

I actually think we will want to keep him around as BR rates his tactical knowledge and he is working with the youngsters. I can see him being offered a coaching role.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

But where? I don't think physio rooms have a transfer market.

Very good point. He will never play for us again. Best we try help him find a lower League Club. Great shame but it is how it is.  At least he is sorted money wise unlike millions of poor souls in the UK due to COVID-19. 

34 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Very good point. He will never play for us again. Best we try help him find a lower League Club. Great shame but it is how it is.  At least he is sorted money wise unlike millions of poor souls in the UK due to COVID-19. 

...Rodgers career ended early and he did not get the chance to continue the career he wanted!!

I would suspect Rodgers would be in a prime position to mentor Matty in a route into coaching. I would suspect Matty will do his badges here closely mentored by Rodgers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rodgers career ended early and he did not get the chance to continue the career he wanted!!

I would suspect Rodgers would be in a prime position to mentor Matty in a route into coaching. I would suspect Matty will do his badges here closely mentored by Rodgers.

I think you're absolutely bang on with this.

There have been a few times that I've seen where BR has waxed lyrical about Matty James, both about him as a footballer and as a man.

I'd love to see James actually go out to OHL and get some games under his belt. I've seen pictures of him training with the squad on the OS and official social media accounts so he must be close to be able to participate in matches (albeit not for us).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I just know we’re going to end up with either one of Ghezzal or Slimani still here come Monday. Prefer it to be Slim if it’s anyone. 

if he does he wont get a squad number. perhaps we should let Big Wes leave a big one on him in training and put him on SSP to save a few quid in wages

18 minutes ago, urban fox said:

if he does he wont get a squad number. perhaps we should let Big Wes leave a big one on him in training and put him on SSP to save a few quid in wages

Read this and honestly wondered why he was being put Sean St Ledger for a minute

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I just know we’re going to end up with either one of Ghezzal or Slimani still here come Monday. Prefer it to be Slim if it’s anyone. 

Why? He won't play even if we can't get rid. Better to get at least some of his wages off the bill.

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why? He won't play even if we can't get rid. Better to get at least some of his wages off the bill.

Exactly. There isn't even room on the squad for him. If he -- and Ghezzal -- don't find clubs by Monday, they will be playing in the Championship next year, or training by themselves (I doubt they would even be allowed near the U23s).

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If slim doesn’t find a move by mon evening, are we able to cancel his contract by mutual consent making him a free agent ?  He can then find a french club unless they have the same squad registration as the premier league. 

Yes, but Slimani and the club would have to agree on compensation for the rest of his wages.

• Like 1