Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

22 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yes, but Slimani and the club would have to agree on compensation for the rest of his wages.

Obviously - but if we cancel his contract then he will expect a s/o fee from a new club to compensate for his loss in earnings of 4mill. Either way we have to cover that contractual amount. 

You can't just mutually agree to terminate a player's contract and then him sign elsewhere when the window is shut. If a player is registered with a club at the close of the window and then released after that time he still can't be registered with a new club until the next window opens.

A bit like us with Adrien Silva, he was 100% a Leicester player but still registered with Sporting Lisbon thus wasn't allowed to be registered by us until the next window opened. 

Torino continue to look for a striker to bolster Giampaolo's squad. In addition to Kalinic and Torregrossa, the granata are targeting Leicester's Islam Slimani, who was previously linked to Inter before spending last season on loan at Monaco where he scored nine goals in eighteen games.

Slimani returned to England, but just like Adrien Silva who signed with Sampdoria, he will be released from his contract. Torino offered a two year deal that is seen as a good value of quality and price, the negotiation is ongoing.

Edited by moore_94

Just read a tweet saying Ghezzal will land at Istanbul airport at 4am, so that's been sorted late tonight. Foot Mercato say no buy option. Given he's out of contract in 2022, we'll likely get rid permanently next summer.

Slimani will be a permanent (free transfer) like Silva. Fiorentina the latest to be mentioned, they'll have money to spend after losing Chiesa. Also Torino, Lyon (also cash rich once Depay leaves), West Brom (Bilic confirmed they like him) are all interested. So he will surely get a deal done.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

so with 3 players wages off the wage bill i’d expect another signing coming in..

Why? These were players with no future at the club that were never going to be in the squad anyway. 

Edited by Adster

2 hours ago, Adster said:

Why? These were players with no future at the club that were never going to be in the squad anyway. 

:rolleyes:

Thats a lot of money we were spending on wages that we no longer are.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

:rolleyes:

Thats a lot of money we were spending on wages that we no longer are.

Weve probably already budgeted for that. And if not, I'd rather put that money towards new contracts for Soyuncu and Ricardo.

With king, Slimani, silva, kapustka and Diabete gone permanently this summer thats a good start. Next summer the only deadwood we'll have to shift will be Ghezzal and James, both with only a year left so should be relatively easier.

I imagine they'll assess it again in January- we'll be closer to knowing whether fans are allowed back in, where we are in Europe and whether we're lacking in the league. We'll also see whether we need a left back or not.

I think they'll wait - hard to get quality at this stage of the window without paying silly money.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Net spend is the issue though, and outgoing already exceeds the Chilwell money.  Not convinced we'll be adding anyone else.

I highly doubt we will either. BR has been quite clear I feel. 

Think Besiktas is a decent loan move for Ghezzal. If he can show some of the form he did at Fiorentina post-lockdown we've a very realistic chance of that becoming permanent, which would be the ideal solution. Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Weve probably already budgeted for that. And if not, I'd rather put that money towards new contracts for Soyuncu and Ricardo.

With king, Slimani, silva, kapustka and Diabete gone permanently this summer thats a good start. Next summer the only deadwood we'll have to shift will be Ghezzal and James, both with only a year left so should be relatively easier.

I imagine they'll assess it again in January- we'll be closer to knowing whether fans are allowed back in, where we are in Europe and whether we're lacking in the league. We'll also see whether we need a left back or not.

I think they'll wait - hard to get quality at this stage of the window without paying silly money.

Has Slimani gone?

2 down 1 to go by the looks of it and still plenty of chatter around Slim. Would be great if we actually got something for him rather just another loan though but just having him off the wage bill is better than nothing. Actually suspect it will end up as a Silva type deal where we let him go on a permanent free.

Edited by urban fox