Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

3 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

I think we should keep him here if Vardy or Nacho get injured we have a decent back up better then Gray up front

Others in here have convinced me that we don’t need him. If Vardy and Nacho get injured, we put Perez up front

20 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

I think we should keep him here if Vardy or Nacho get injured we have a decent back up better then Gray up front

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Others in here have convinced me that we don’t need him. If Vardy and Nacho get injured, we put Perez up front

He's not going to play for us again. He won't be listed in the 25-man squad if we can't get rid.

• Like 2

Returning from his loan spell at AS Monaco, Islam Slimani was meant to find himself a new club this transfer window, but that didn’t happen.

Even on deadline day, rumours about an exit were hard to find, with very weak claims of Torino being interested and Sporting CP thinking about bringing him back, ten months after teams like Tottenham and Manchester United were attempting to sign him midway through the season.

Leicester City were even prepared to cancel his contract and let him go on a free to make something happen, but it never did, and now the Algeria international is stuck at King Power Stadium where he’ll have a very difficult time convincing Brendan Rodgers to use him.

It’s a very strange situation for a player who showed exactly what he was capable of when playing regularly at the principality side, and the player gave an interview about it all in this week’s edition of France Football.

Focusing mainly on his spell at Monaco, the chat touches upon his form in the early stages of last season that made him a prime target for clubs such as Tottenham in a January transfer window where Spurs were scrambling around for a new striker.

They never signed one, but Slimani revealed their Portuguese manager personally reached out to him to talk about a move, one that would have needed his loan to be cancelled.

He said: “In the space of six months, I went from the nightmare at Fenerbahçe to a phone call from José Mourinho who wanted to sign me. It shows that I worked well. Knowing that your profile is appreciated gives you strength and confidence”.

Tottenham were still looking for a striker this summer, but with more time and money on their hands, they decided to look elsewhere, eventually signing Carlos Vinícius from Benfica on loan with a view to buy.

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Returning from his loan spell at AS Monaco, Islam Slimani was meant to find himself a new club this transfer window, but that didn’t happen.

Even on deadline day, rumours about an exit were hard to find, with very weak claims of Torino being interested and Sporting CP thinking about bringing him back, ten months after teams like Tottenham and Manchester United were attempting to sign him midway through the season.

Leicester City were even prepared to cancel his contract and let him go on a free to make something happen, but it never did, and now the Algeria international is stuck at King Power Stadium where he’ll have a very difficult time convincing Brendan Rodgers to use him.

It’s a very strange situation for a player who showed exactly what he was capable of when playing regularly at the principality side, and the player gave an interview about it all in this week’s edition of France Football.

Focusing mainly on his spell at Monaco, the chat touches upon his form in the early stages of last season that made him a prime target for clubs such as Tottenham in a January transfer window where Spurs were scrambling around for a new striker.

They never signed one, but Slimani revealed their Portuguese manager personally reached out to him to talk about a move, one that would have needed his loan to be cancelled.

He said: “In the space of six months, I went from the nightmare at Fenerbahçe to a phone call from José Mourinho who wanted to sign me. It shows that I worked well. Knowing that your profile is appreciated gives you strength and confidence”.

Tottenham were still looking for a striker this summer, but with more time and money on their hands, they decided to look elsewhere, eventually signing Carlos Vinícius from Benfica on loan with a view to buy.

looks like he will just sit tight and take the money or some club will ask us to pay most of his wages to take him away. I know we made a lot of money from Maguire , chilwell and Mahraz but we have took some big hits from Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal and Inler :facepalm:Benkovic and Grey wont help.

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Would you put Perez up front after his display on Sunday has he got enough about him to lead a line No slim on the other hand could people on here knock him but I believe Rogers could get the best out of him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Well if we can’t get another striker into the door before the window shuts then I’ll be happy to have Slim on the bench. He gives us a different attacking option. 

I don't think he's the sort of impact sub that can make a difference. That's already been tested, iirc, and his success has come as a starter. Might be useful in the early Europa League group stages if the players can put up with him. Is he really that toxic? I'd expect the players to be professional about it, they don't have to like him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Is there any actual evidence that he is really unpopular around the club or is it all speculation? Genuine question.

I ask because having watched a bit of him at Monaco last season he looked really decent. 

Just get the youtube clips up of the celebrations after Algeria win the AFCON and it tells you all you need to know really. Even Mahrez tells him to **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Just get the youtube clips up of the celebrations after Algeria win the AFCON and it tells you all you need to know really. Even Mahrez tells him to **** off. 

And that's him winning a major tournament! Imagine what he's like on a bad day.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Hahaha find me the video.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Honestly can't understand why they wouldn't use him if they can't move him out. As the West Ham match proved, there are times when you need another approach and he can at least supply that.  

Rodgers has said before he doesn't want a target man and won't use one.

There's no way back for Slimani here, his career at this club was finished about 18 months ago.

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Is there any actual evidence that he is really unpopular around the club or is it all speculation? Genuine question.

I ask because having watched a bit of him at Monaco last season he looked really decent. 

No, that’s all bull! He’s actually a great character & really liked by everyone around the club!

I could be wrong but its most likely the case that if he plays anymore games for us we’d have to pay Sporting another instalment on the original transfer which is why he’s not had a look in.

• Like 3