Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We'll be lucky if they are paying 50% of his wages. You never know with Turkish clubs though.

there will be a loan fee and a percentage of his wages. or no loan fee and they pay all his wages. the deal will be done in the most tax advantageous way for all parties

i assume we have written in a valuation if they do proceed with the option to buy next summer.  i think he will do well there and his value next summer with only a year left will be lower

9 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Assuming slimani leaves on a perm that's practically all the current deadwoods wages off the books for the season. Just need a doctor to convince James to retire for the clean sweep!

Not all......

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Weve probably already budgeted for that. And if not, I'd rather put that money towards new contracts for Soyuncu and Ricardo.

With king, Slimani, silva, kapustka and Diabete gone permanently this summer thats a good start. Next summer the only deadwood we'll have to shift will be Ghezzal and James, both with only a year left so should be relatively easier.

I imagine they'll assess it again in January- we'll be closer to knowing whether fans are allowed back in, where we are in Europe and whether we're lacking in the league. We'll also see whether we need a left back or not.

I think they'll wait - hard to get quality at this stage of the window without paying silly money.

You’re probably right.  I think it was just last week Rodgers reiterated that they would like 5 players in.. we have 3... i’d be VERY surprised if we got two more in but wouldn’t complain if we got one more :D

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

You’re probably right.  I think it was just last week Rodgers reiterated that they would like 5 players in.. we have 3... i’d be VERY surprised if we got two more in but wouldn’t complain if we got one more :D

Honestly if you ask any manager in the Premier league they'll all say they need two more players. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Honestly if you ask any manager in the Premier league they'll all say they need two more players. 

This is true enough but BR did say from the very start of the window that he wanted 5. 

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Seems that way 

Ridiculous ! He’s been surplus to requirements from about 6 months after we signed him . Surely they could have worked out an acceptable exit package ( given the apparent interest) before the end of business on deadline day 

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ridiculous ! He’s been surplus to requirements from about 6 months after we signed him . Surely they could have worked out an acceptable exit package ( given the apparent interest) before the end of business on deadline day 

The only issue you’re forgetting is he has to accept all offers on table, he’s not obligated to.